Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

The advantage of the average traction is shameful

How can Codemasters make an F1 game where, in the dry, the average traction pulls out more than 1 second without the help and in the wet, it can even be longer than 2 seconds? What are you thinking about? In the past the aid penalized but since you make F1 games the help is an advantage, I find it embarrassing. You should do something about it because it is not fair what you are doing, you are favoring some pilots and hurting others a lot. Do something now.

Comments

• ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    So many have and will disagree. There are so many threads on this already. Its a good benefit until you have the right line and get to know what curbs to miss etc. Also if you are a controller user there is a bigger advantage to wheel users for 2018 due to the refined control of the car. If you have a good wheel and petals you will benefit far more from no assists. I was a light assist user for most of F1 latter games but 2018 has been a benefit in terms of better feel and control of the car I have found coming off all assists now I have a wheel set very easy and the times I post are very good, the first F1 game I got the achievement for racing ultimate AI and winning in fact!
    Also one of the biggest issues seems to be setups, the natural choice setups are okay for most circuits but you will benefit far more (especially with tyre temps) from setting up a custom setup for each circuit. Look to the left here you will see a forum especially for that, some setups there are excellent.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    I do not agree, I do not refer to steering wheel vs PAD, I mean steering wheel vs steering wheel. With the same peripheral it is very difficult to fight face to face in a race with middle traction riders. If you remember Codemasters I was going to patch up that aspect and the drivers who had average traction protested a lot because that average traction gives you a lot of advantage and in the end Codemasters chose not to touch it. I would have liked it to be like a few years ago when you activated an aid gave the feeling that the car weighed more and penalized in some way to people who used aids, unfortunately that is not the case today, it is the contrary, against more aid more advantages in career. Greetings and thanks for your comment.
  • TNTMatiTNTMati Member New Car Smell
    I drive wtith tc off on pad. Just learn to drive and don't cry
    TNTMati said:
    I drive wtith tc off on pad. Just learn to drive and don't cry

Surely you will be the typical troll that drives with all the aids activated. I would love you to put here a round of yours to learn from you since it is so PRO, and of course I drive better and faster than you.

• TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    How can Codemasters make an F1 game where, in the dry, the average traction pulls out more than 1 second without the help and in the wet, it can even be longer than 2 seconds? What are you thinking about? In the past the aid penalized but since you make F1 games the help is an advantage, I find it embarrassing. You should do something about it because it is not fair what you are doing, you are favoring some pilots and hurting others a lot. Do something now.
    Just like how the tyre temp model favours those with a wheel over pads then......................
    Just like how the tyre temp model favours those with a wheel over pads then......................

This thread does not deal with that, I would ask that in order to talk about this topic, I would address the discussion that is open, thank you.

• TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew

This thread does not deal with that, I would ask that in order to talk about this topic, I would address the discussion that is open, thank you.

It addresses how you complain about it affecting certain users with this issue, yet when another issue affects other users you shut everyone down on the issue.
  • sanderu1983sanderu1983 Member Unleaded
    Full tc is too much full and medium tc is too much medium. Can be a bit harder but don't forget most people play with pad for fun. So you need aids to help people. Don't toy with that. For online you can say no aids on etc.
    Full tc is too much full and medium tc is too much medium. Can be a bit harder but don't forget most people play with pad for fun. So you need aids to help people. Don't toy with that. For online you can say no aids on etc.

He is right, in this case I explained badly because I was referring to the pilots online. If I had liked that the rooms with classification had been with aid and without aid, perhaps in the future.

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Ranked should be no assists locked cockpit etc. Best and the brightest. Not a-hole D ranked lobby trolls who just want to get everyone down to a D rank with them.

Add a no rules and all assists playlist for them. We can all go race in ranked cleanly with strict and sim damage!! 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • JR6492JR6492 Member Wheel Nut
    Thing that’s annoying is that really the only assist that is act slower v no assist is auto gears and most actually turn this off and keep medium tc and abs on which just kind of shows if you tweaked it a little to make it slightly slower people that want to get faster would just turn it off eventually 
  • Nastra100Nastra100 Member Wheel Nut
    Post a video of your driving style. I am not certain there is an advantage and you are simply claiming it. 

Post a video so we can judge
    JR6492 said:
    Thing that’s annoying is that really the only assist that is act slower v no assist is auto gears and most actually turn this off and keep medium tc and abs on which just kind of shows if you tweaked it a little to make it slightly slower people that want to get faster would just turn it off eventually 

Actually the F1 2018 gearbox works realistically. If you compare two street cars in real life the manual gearbox will help to revolutionize the engine but if the gearbox is automatic the regime will be lower. They really work like that.

Nastra100 said:
    Post a video of your driving style. I am not certain there is an advantage and you are simply claiming it. 

If you are interested in watching a video of me, my YouTube channel is McL_Gadir, there you can compare my driving style. It is more than proven that using any type of traction gives advantage and by many aspects, allows you to put the lowest aerodynamics, allows you to use the differential in the way you want, you can put harder suspensions so you have a better step curve , you can put the tire pressure higher because you are not looking for traction, I could go on but I think this is enough. I do not claim anything because I know that Codemasters is not going to modify the traction, it could already do it in a patch and all the people who use traction protested because it gave him an advantage. I only hope that F1 2019 will do something about it.
    Nastra100 said:

I am still waiting for your answer or is it that now that you have seen the videos you do not want to talk? I imagined

• Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    Nastra100 said:

I am still waiting for your answer or is it that now that you have seen the videos you do not want to talk? I imagined

I‘ve searched at your channel, but is there any comparison video with tc off and tc on. To campare you are driving one second faster with tc on? Otherwise it‘s senseless to watch any videos. 
    I didn‘t experienced this much time advantage with tc on. Yes there is an advantage in driving, because it is an assist. 
    If you want to show that you are much faster with tc on please make a comparison vid. In rain i think yes it’s a big advantage. I‘m always struggling in rain with tc off. It’s really hard for me and i have to drive really carefully. 
    How are your starts with TC On  B)       

• OneSeventyOutOneSeventyOut Member Unleaded
    FRACTURED said:
    Ranked should be no assists locked cockpit etc. Best and the brightest. Not a-hole D ranked lobby trolls who just want to get everyone down to a D rank with them.

Add a no rules and all assists playlist for them. We can all go race in ranked cleanly with strict and sim damage!! 
    What about those who maybe fall in between? I'm not great at this game, which is why I have assists I do (TC, 3rd person camera) but I do want to race cleanly and fairly. 
    We can still race in custom lobbies.

But with the way ranked is it motivates the idiots to bring everyone to their level. 

Akkan74 said:
    Nastra100 said:

I‘ve searched at your channel, but is there any comparison video with tc off and tc on. To campare you are driving one second faster with tc on? Otherwise it‘s senseless to watch any videos. 
    I didn‘t experienced this much time advantage with tc on. Yes there is an advantage in driving, because it is an assist. 
    If you want to show that you are much faster with tc on please make a comparison vid. In rain i think yes it’s a big advantage. I‘m always struggling in rain with tc off. It’s really hard for me and i have to drive really carefully. 

I would ask that in the future, when I comment on a discussion, read the comments beforehand, as I see that it has paid very little attention. I'm not going to put any video with traction control because it has not been requested, anyway I'm telling you that I'm not going to spend time on it, the online has plenty of rooms with infinite configurations, if you want to see people with traction go to online The partner told me to show a video to see how I was driving. Be sure to read before reviewing. Thank you.