Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Users changing and editing other users replies to say something they did not comment.

Seen 3 different reply comments I made that was edited and changed to say something I did not comment. This needs to be stopped and prevented.  We cant fish every reply were reading back to the original comment in previous pages in the thread to know if the comment being replied back to was the actual comment made.
Xbox one, controller

Comments

• ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    Literally never seen this before, you got someone else using your device or a multiple personality you maybe unaware of?
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • Akkan74Akkan74 Member Wheel Nut
    Thousand times seen this before, you got someone else using your device or a multiple personality you maybe unaware of?
    You see it's easy to change a quote and that's not ok. I know where @kevinkirk statement comes from. I have seen it also, but i think this kid can't be taken serious.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Akkan74 said:
    From the German "San Diago", meaning a whales....
    I like Lamp
    You guys. I, too, love me some Anchorman.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • WorntoathreadWorntoathread Member, Drivers Champion
    FRACTURED said:
    You guys. I, too, love me some Worntoathread
      <3
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Co-Driver
    edited October 9
    FRACTURED said:
    You guys. I, too, love me some Worntoathread
       :blush:
    ;)
  • kevinkirkkevinkirk Member Team Principal
    Literally never seen this before, you got someone else using your device or a multiple personality you maybe unaware of?
     Its happening when comments are being replied back to, when they post a reply back to the comment I made, the comment is showing edited and changed by the person making the reply to say something I didnt comment. 
    Xbox one, controller
    edited October 9
    For Example,  have a nice day.                                                                 
    Xbox one, controller
    edited October 9
    kevinkirk said:
    Example,  have a terrible day.                                                                 
     For example  my comment is being replied back to (in this case myself), Now when they are replying back to my original comment its been changed to say something else by the person replying to my comment.
    Xbox one, controller
    I love how OP has had his initial post flagged as spam. 

FRACTURED said:
    I love how OP has had his initial post flagged as spam. 
    Its flagged by the actual user thats doing the editing and changing of comments. So yea, that was expected.
    Xbox one, controller
    edited October 9
    Fair enough kev. 

BluntRS

• BluntRSBluntRS October 5
      Hola Bonjour Hello,
      Whats your GT on Xbox player ?, I searched for FRACTURED but thier was no info on F1 2018 so assumed it was the wrong one,
      also whats your Twitch / Mixer handle, be good to see how the fast guys race.
      Ps if you wanna race which I dont pretend am gonna be any comp for you,
      Itll have to be before Patch 11 or when ever thier new assit is comeing, as ive turned off my auto updates,
      Project Cars 2 was allowed to ruined, am not updating F1 2108 to be the same.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED October 5
      I'm not that fast lmao

Fractured Life

No idea what I am on twitch/mixer only used for Gears of War 4 and PUBG. Probably the same but with underscore. 
      I don't think the patch will be some magic nerf to wheel to will kill their tyre model. People like it. Maybe they have an off option for crazy Dpad and keyboard users. 

People seem to LIKE the model, but it will kill leagues and 15 to 40 point drop in AI skill, that's just mental  

I do think there is something funky with tyre cooling on the pad, so that temps don't dissipate and pace to keep my tyres below 104/105 is like a 1.45. That would get league racers killed.

Am sure I raced you in PCars1 or something.
      Oh and rofl the 5000. Stoner with fone 
      Cool ill have a butchers, & was thinking the same GT sounds familiar dont know why though.
      I hear ya, but what ever they add, someone will find a way to manipulate it to thier advantage on wheel, Project Cars 2 got steering assit designed for pad's yet some wheel users are using to improve thier laptimes & its working,
      without a bunch of options online or TT to force off or on assits its never gonna be a level playing field.
      I know how these type of games suck on a pad, I struggled like mad on Project Cars 1 ended up buying a Elite controller,
      couldn't even play Assetto Corsa & F1 2016, & I know not cheap but only option for me was go wheel if I wanted to fully enjoy the games,
      should they work on pad absoluty, but the more SIM the new gen game are getting the less enjoyable on the pad it is, which am not saying is right but it is what it is & no game devolpers will ever please both wheel & pad users imo.
      5000 stoner with fone ? no idea what your on about sorry
      I smoke a lot. I use my fone for this forum. It's a bad combination. I don't notice half of the **** my fone messes up when I am typing. 

Who could resist a PROCLAIMERS walk 500 miles reference.

I cant even run the wheel on F1. Doesnt feel as good as even pCars1.

I skipped PCars2 after a few hours on forum after release. 
      Nothing wrong with mothers natures finest  
      Proclaimers 500miles I get that now just 5000 confused me, which dont take a lot aha,
      F1 over the years I feel have gotten better & better on the wheel but still I long way to go, but SIM's dont make money, am only guessing majority play on pad & they need to cater for the majority, serous hardcore SIM racers are on PC imo,
      good call on PC2 hopfully itll be the last in the series, overall sales it didn't do great compared to the PC1.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 1:15PM
      You wanna start name calling Kid GROW UP, you got a problem with that ? thats your problem, you cant afford a wheel get off your arse get a job like the rest of us had to it instead of whining oh my tyres are over heating its not fair, than got the balls to critise someone just cause that want abit realism, your a joke.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 1:33PM
      What are you even talking about? 

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED 1:36PM
      I'll be honest here. i think you are misunderstanding in translation. 

I agree with 95% of what you say. I think the other 5 percent is just trolling and nonsense.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 1:37PM
      Also. I have a wheel. I've worked since I was 11 Years Old. I have worked for 26 years. 

WIND YOUR NECK IN.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:23PM
      What am I talking about, check out some of your comments.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:25PM
      If you did agree with 95% you wouldnt spam my posts, also its needed to spam 5% to be hears, which I dont agree with but sometimes its the only way,

thanks to me Faya has noticed a real issue, surprise surprise who comes along to add thier 2 cents. 
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 4:26PM
      Yeah, what about them. You are talking about name calling?
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:27PM
      If you had a wheel youd no reason to spam resulting in 35page thread when Lee Mathers already knows and has said hes looking into it, END OF DISSCUSTION, but no the billy manure counties.

TYRE MANAGEMENT LOOK IT UP. 
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:29PM
      I already said look at some of your comments, what more can I say.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 4:42PM
      Hahahaha that's comedy gold. I'm providing feedback on what I see when racing. 
      How many of the comments in the 35 page thread are you saying get a wheel? 

Lee Mather has said they are looking into it? Big Deal. How often have they looked into safety car without it ever being fixed. One man's "spam" is another man's investigation.

Yes, I have a wheel, I have a logitech g920 setup under my stairs. I've had a TMX also. Also use a standard pad and an elite pad. Multiple input methods. So I can speak about each of them.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:51PM
      Well you got one thing right regarding your last message, although I would of said Pure 24carat Comedy Gold,

You have a wheel but your provide feedback from a pad which could resulting in ruining the wheel experience, makes sence,

Lee Mathers has said hes looking into the Myth soooooooooooo end of discussion, you dont like spam yet your spam with the best of them,

You have this, you have that, you also have this & that, am soooooooo impressed you must be the only one on the forum,

Some people in life talk the talk, wilst some people just walk the walk, pause while that sinks in.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:01PM
      What use would it be me providing wheel feedback on a freaking pad problem? None. So I test this out on a pad and describe what I see. 

Just because a different studio broke something on you in PCars2 doesn't mean that would happen here. 
      Just because it's not an issue on wheel doesn't mean there is no issue on pad. 

The whole "change driving style, lower AI" only applies to career. It does not help with the fact the tyres cool in a very strange way. Anyone who wants to run a mixed league (there are quite a few of those as well) wants to know its a fair fight. 

When I'm on my wheel i'd prefer the racing be close rather than run away and hide because pad users can't keep tyre cooling under control whilst remaining competitive in laptimes. 
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:05PM
      "pause while that sinks in" 

You just carry on "off-topicing" people and show me how it's done eh? 
    • BluntRSBluntRS 5:06PM
      You talk about you race realism in one breath, then turn around and ask for all these assits,
      you talk you race with a wheel, yet you want the tyre pyhics changes for a pad,
      you also want fair racing but dont want any options online, 

Wheel vs pad, Cockpit vs Pod is never gonna to be fair its 2 completey different sports,

Project Cars 2 has been destroyed by both, F1 2018 thanks to people like you is only a matter of time.
      I dont need to let it sink cause nothing you say makes sence.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 5:08PM
      No idea what your on about, but I think you mean keep fighting for realism yea ?

you do the same keep trying to turn this game into another arcade waist of time game.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:11PM
      I don't want a new assist. Listen to yourself. You are taking something you don't like about the game and linking that with ANYTHING people suggest. I'm asking is there a problem with tyre cooling. I am providing my experiences.

I HAVE NOT ASKED FOR AN ASSIST. 

Rearview mirrors do not work in some vehicles. Having noted I prefer working mirrors such as Ferrari or F.I, career Alfa was terrible. So.... 

I HAVE AGREED THAT A REAR VIEW SHOULD BE A SELECTABLE OPTION.

The way you act it I feel if someone asked you to pass them their glasses to help them see the screen you would deny them as it's an assist.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:25PM
      I did maybe 20 seasons in various leagues and pad versus wheel were always fairly similar... Its not two completely different sports. It's one sport with two input methods. 

I don't agree with all options, especially if they are about splitting the community and nothing else. If they add an unassisted locked view no help lobby type to ranked that would be awesome and i'd be there racing. But they won't. What I really hate is seeing 15 lobbies with 2 or 3 people in them rather than 2 full lobbies. 

At the end of the day if racers are clean I could not give a flying **** what their input method is. Joystick, flight yoke, 3d printed pad to wheel conversion. 0 cares.

And it continues... 

BluntRS 5:38PM
    You want a another assit yet you help contribute to the cause, yea ok that makes sence NOT,

You dont want online options that spilt players, however is thier was one youd be in, again makes total sence NOT,

Someone who needs glass's is totally different to lazy people who refuse to practise and adapt to todays games. BIG DIFFERNCE

FRACTURED said:
    Fair enough kev. 

BluntRS

Hola Bonjour Hello,
      Whats your GT on Xbox player ?, I searched for FRACTURED but thier was no info on F1 2018 so assumed it was the wrong one,
      also whats your Twitch / Mixer handle, be good to see how the fast guys race.
      Ps if you wanna race which I dont pretend am gonna be any comp for you,
      Itll have to be before Patch 11 or when ever thier new assit is comeing, as ive turned off my auto updates,
      Project Cars 2 was allowed to ruined, am not updating F1 2108 to be the same.
      I'm not that fast lmao

Fractured Life

No idea what I am on twitch/mixer only used for Gears of War 4 and PUBG. Probably the same but with underscore. 
      I don't think the patch will be some magic nerf to wheel to will kill their tyre model. People like it. Maybe they have an off option for crazy Dpad and keyboard users. 

People seem to LIKE the model, but it will kill leagues and 15 to 40 point drop in AI skill, that's just mental  

I do think there is something funky with tyre cooling on the pad, so that temps don't dissipate and pace to keep my tyres below 104/105 is like a 1.45. That would get league racers killed.

Am sure I raced you in PCars1 or something.
      Oh and rofl the 5000. Stoner with fone 
      Cool ill have a butchers, & was thinking the same GT sounds familiar dont know why though.
      I hear ya, but what ever they add, someone will find a way to manipulate it to thier advantage on wheel, Project Cars 2 got steering assit designed for pad's yet some wheel users are using to improve thier laptimes & its working,
      without a bunch of options online or TT to force off or on assits its never gonna be a level playing field.
      I know how these type of games suck on a pad, I struggled like mad on Project Cars 1 ended up buying a Elite controller,
      couldn't even play Assetto Corsa & F1 2016, & I know not cheap but only option for me was go wheel if I wanted to fully enjoy the games,
      should they work on pad absoluty, but the more SIM the new gen game are getting the less enjoyable on the pad it is, which am not saying is right but it is what it is & no game devolpers will ever please both wheel & pad users imo.
      5000 stoner with fone ? no idea what your on about sorry
      I smoke a lot. I use my fone for this forum. It's a bad combination. I don't notice half of the **** my fone messes up when I am typing. 

Who could resist a PROCLAIMERS walk 500 miles reference.

I cant even run the wheel on F1. Doesnt feel as good as even pCars1.

I skipped PCars2 after a few hours on forum after release. 
      Nothing wrong with mothers natures finest  
      Proclaimers 500miles I get that now just 5000 confused me, which dont take a lot aha,
      F1 over the years I feel have gotten better & better on the wheel but still I long way to go, but SIM's dont make money, am only guessing majority play on pad & they need to cater for the majority, serous hardcore SIM racers are on PC imo,
      good call on PC2 hopfully itll be the last in the series, overall sales it didn't do great compared to the PC1.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 1:15PM
      You wanna start name calling Kid GROW UP, you got a problem with that ? thats your problem, you cant afford a wheel get off your arse get a job like the rest of us had to it instead of whining oh my tyres are over heating its not fair, than got the balls to critise someone just cause that want abit realism, your a joke.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 1:33PM
      What are you even talking about? 

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED 1:36PM
      I'll be honest here. i think you are misunderstanding in translation. 

I agree with 95% of what you say. I think the other 5 percent is just trolling and nonsense.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 1:37PM
      Also. I have a wheel. I've worked since I was 11 Years Old. I have worked for 26 years. 

WIND YOUR NECK IN.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:23PM
      What am I talking about, check out some of your comments.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:25PM
      If you did agree with 95% you wouldnt spam my posts, also its needed to spam 5% to be hears, which I dont agree with but sometimes its the only way,

thanks to me Faya has noticed a real issue, surprise surprise who comes along to add thier 2 cents. 
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 4:26PM
      Yeah, what about them. You are talking about name calling?
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:27PM
      If you had a wheel youd no reason to spam resulting in 35page thread when Lee Mathers already knows and has said hes looking into it, END OF DISSCUSTION, but no the billy manure counties.

TYRE MANAGEMENT LOOK IT UP. 
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:29PM
      I already said look at some of your comments, what more can I say.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 4:42PM
      Hahahaha that's comedy gold. I'm providing feedback on what I see when racing. 
      How many of the comments in the 35 page thread are you saying get a wheel? 

Lee Mather has said they are looking into it? Big Deal. How often have they looked into safety car without it ever being fixed. One man's "spam" is another man's investigation.

Yes, I have a wheel, I have a logitech g920 setup under my stairs. I've had a TMX also. Also use a standard pad and an elite pad. Multiple input methods. So I can speak about each of them.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 4:51PM
      Well you got one thing right regarding your last message, although I would of said Pure 24carat Comedy Gold,

You have a wheel but your provide feedback from a pad which could resulting in ruining the wheel experience, makes sence,

Lee Mathers has said hes looking into the Myth soooooooooooo end of discussion, you dont like spam yet your spam with the best of them,

You have this, you have that, you also have this & that, am soooooooo impressed you must be the only one on the forum,

Some people in life talk the talk, wilst some people just walk the walk, pause while that sinks in.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:01PM
      What use would it be me providing wheel feedback on a freaking pad problem? None. So I test this out on a pad and describe what I see. 

Just because a different studio broke something on you in PCars2 doesn't mean that would happen here. 
      Just because it's not an issue on wheel doesn't mean there is no issue on pad. 

The whole "change driving style, lower AI" only applies to career. It does not help with the fact the tyres cool in a very strange way. Anyone who wants to run a mixed league (there are quite a few of those as well) wants to know its a fair fight. 

When I'm on my wheel i'd prefer the racing be close rather than run away and hide because pad users can't keep tyre cooling under control whilst remaining competitive in laptimes. 
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:05PM
      "pause while that sinks in" 

You just carry on "off-topicing" people and show me how it's done eh? 
      You talk about you race realism in one breath, then turn around and ask for all these assits,
      you talk you race with a wheel, yet you want the tyre pyhics changes for a pad,
      you also want fair racing but dont want any options online, 

Wheel vs pad, Cockpit vs Pod is never gonna to be fair its 2 completey different sports,

Project Cars 2 has been destroyed by both, F1 2018 thanks to people like you is only a matter of time.
      I dont need to let it sink cause nothing you say makes sence.
    • BluntRSBluntRS 5:08PM
      No idea what your on about, but I think you mean keep fighting for realism yea ?

you do the same keep trying to turn this game into another arcade waist of time game.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:11PM
      I don't want a new assist. Listen to yourself. You are taking something you don't like about the game and linking that with ANYTHING people suggest. I'm asking is there a problem with tyre cooling. I am providing my experiences.

I HAVE NOT ASKED FOR AN ASSIST. 

Rearview mirrors do not work in some vehicles. Having noted I prefer working mirrors such as Ferrari or F.I, career Alfa was terrible. So.... 

I HAVE AGREED THAT A REAR VIEW SHOULD BE A SELECTABLE OPTION.

The way you act it I feel if someone asked you to pass them their glasses to help them see the screen you would deny them as it's an assist.
    • FRACTUREDFRACTURED 5:25PM
      I did maybe 20 seasons in various leagues and pad versus wheel were always fairly similar... Its not two completely different sports. It's one sport with two input methods. 

I don't agree with all options, especially if they are about splitting the community and nothing else. If they add an unassisted locked view no help lobby type to ranked that would be awesome and i'd be there racing. But they won't. What I really hate is seeing 15 lobbies with 2 or 3 people in them rather than 2 full lobbies. 

At the end of the day if racers are clean I could not give a flying **** what their input method is. Joystick, flight yoke, 3d printed pad to wheel conversion. 0 cares. 
    I cant help but admire the guys passion about games and the sport. I guess passion is a good thing
    Xbox one, controller
    So, I don't what the with them issue is. Having not asked for an assist and asked if there is a specific issue whilst providing my thoughts, apparently I am ruining the game asking for an assist I didn't ask for. 

As some teams have unworkable mirrors, I agreed that an option to add workable rear view would be great, especially as codies had thought so themselves but decided they new skies were more important to racing. Again, how dare I.

I should feel bad for having a wheel and a pad and using whichever one I feel like. I should only use the wheel. 

I run AI as high as I can get away with. How dare I. I should make them artificially slower until they match the pace I can manage on overheated tyres. 

I use cockpit view, but I'm using it with a pad, I think the HUD is still there, but it's not realistic like wheel so I am a terrible person ruining this game. 

Seems to me at some point after I and others explained how to ignore a user, attitude changed. 

Thanks for the flag @BluntRS I appreciate it. Hopefully leads me to a ban so I don't have to listen to this guff. 

edited October 9
    FRACTURED said:
    So, I don't what the with them issue is. Having not asked for an assist and asked if there is a specific issue whilst providing my thoughts, apparently I am ruining the game asking for an assist I didn't ask for. 

As some teams have unworkable mirrors, I agreed that an option to add workable rear view would be great, especially as codies had thought so themselves but decided they new skies were more important to racing. Again, how dare I.

I should feel bad for having a wheel and a pad and using whichever one I feel like. I should only use the wheel. 

I run AI as high as I can get away with. How dare I. I should make them artificially slower until they match the pace I can manage on overheated tyres. 

I use cockpit view, but I'm using it with a pad, I think the HUD is still there, but it's not realistic like wheel so I am a terrible person ruining this game. 

Seems to me at some point after I and others explained how to ignore a user, attitude changed. 

I cant really call anyone out on their comments because we all know I myself have commented hatefull,wrong, and just plain stupid things before in debates over the years. Both meaning to and accidently having come across that way. My issue is only the editing and changing my comments then trying to pass them off as something I said. The forum itself needs to have something that prevents users being able to do that.   
    Xbox one, controller
    Akkan74 said:
    Thousand times seen this before, you got someone else using your device or a multiple personality you maybe unaware of?
    I do da cha cha like a sissy girl...
    Yes I see this is fun ;)~ But it is an edited quote not an original comment.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
    Akkan74 said:
    I do da cha cha like a sissy girl...
    Yes I see this is fun ;)~ But it is an edited quote not an original comment.
       We cant go and fish out the original quote proof reading every random reply we read in order to read the forum. Considering we now have users trying  to do this for some very odd reason, its a problem. Its pretty triggering to get on the forum and find yourself quoted several different times as commenting something you did not comment. 
    Xbox one, controller
    Well it shouldn't get you in trouble as it should still contain the original unedited quote Codies side. It is odd anyone can quote edit but its useful for multi-quoting.
    Maybe seeing who is doing it and why? If you are being troll targetted you can probably get the person banned.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    Well it shouldn't get you in trouble as it should still contain the original unedited quote Codies side. It is odd anyone can quote edit but its useful for multi-quoting.
    Maybe seeing who is doing it and why? If you are being troll targetted you can probably get the person banned.
      Probally a day of discussion it in a thread was all that is needed. Its now acknowledged so lets move on.    
    Xbox one, controller
  • jonbekowsky4jonbekowsky4 Member New Car Smell
    I saw some comments of people cherrypicking paragraphs and giving the original post of another user a completely different tone to it to force their own views on us, basically twisting the essence and meaning of whatever was posted and i saw some comments that have been using altered paragraphs and words too.

I don't want to name and shame but it is annoying to be misquoted or interpreted in a twisted way where others try to force their view on top of my opinion, this needs to end.