Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Super aggressive AI inside moves are atrocious.

ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
Not the moves themselves per say but the game's built in "AI mistake" system which causes them to immediately lock up in the next corner and then obliterate you because they lock up so defensively that they're pretty much guaranteed to swipe you. (Rather than acknowledging their mistake by backing off and conceding the overtake.) Most of the issue I take with this is that the AI should be penalized when they do this because they technically cause a collision by losing control of their car but they're generally not.

Comments

• ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    The lock ups are great, makes it more realistic, you are able to pressure them, though it does happen too much, maybe something to do with the many oddities in 1.10.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 9
    The fact of it is the only way you can actually take advantage of it is to be on the inside. If you're on the outside the lockup basically sends them into you. (Making outside moves risky in this way is kind of crummy because of the way the AI covers the inside when they are defending.)
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Pit Crew
    Can you video it please? On PS4, my career they lock up but they don't act erratically with it.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    edited October 9
    Did a highlight of it. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320578386

Not the first time something like that has happened and probably not the last. Basically the only thing you can do is make sure you're the one on the inside. I'm annoyed that if you get stuck on the outside basically the only way to be safe is to actually concede the position... even though in that situation the AI should really be the one conceding rather than 'panic defending.'

I guess if there's one upside it's that there's no longer really any career score that you lose points for when you flashback...
  • BluRacer7BluRacer7 Member New Car Smell
    I'm happy they removed the Career Mode leaderboards cause honestly who gives a **** for that and it's waste of space, Season Results are miles better replacement for it which should've been in 16 and 17 to begin with.
  • matthadmatthad Member Unleaded
    Zachrulez said:

Not the first time something like that has happened and probably not the last. Basically the only thing you can do is make sure you're the one on the inside. I'm annoyed that if you get stuck on the outside basically the only way to be safe is to actually concede the position... even though in that situation the AI should really be the one conceding rather than 'panic defending.'
    This happens in real life too. Immediately I can think of Bottas and Ricciardo in Hungary this year. 
  • wyteoh2000wyteoh2000 Member New Car Smell
    Illegal manoeuvre. Cede that position or we'll receive a penalty.

(Alison Sudol - Illegal overtake on Bryce Dallas Howard - Hand positions back)
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Pit Crew
    BluRacer7 said:
    I'm happy they removed the Career Mode leaderboards cause honestly who gives a **** for that and it's waste of space, Season Results are miles better replacement for it which should've been in 16 and 17 to begin with.
    Should have been in way before that. It's the little things that make a huge difference!
  • wyteoh2000wyteoh2000 Member New Car Smell
    BluRacer7 said:
    Should have been in way before that. It's the little things that make a huge difference!
    Are you okay? That was a big one.Confirm you are okay please.

(Jennifer Garner crashes her car with others.)