Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Leclerc is ridiculously fast

BULLDOZORBULLDOZOR Member Unleaded
2nd season in career mod at the 8th race, Sauber have the 2nd worst car of the grid, Leclerc put 7 poles in a row and won 5 of them.  Constantly fighting with both Ferrari and Mercedes during the race and currently leading the championship with 34 points ahead of Vettel. Ericsson is constantly out in Q1, 2s or more slower than him and 15th in the championship. What the hell is this ? I know Leclerc is really fast in real life, but I never saw him putting a pole or being 2.5s faster than Ericsson. This need a major rework, before Leclerc was were he should be, in the top 10. R&D graph might be wrong, and doesn't represent real car performance but it's a big, VERY big gap between Ferrari and Sauber, it's almost 250 points difference, I highly doubt R&D graph is that wrong...
Post edited by BULLDOZOR on

Comments

• Dez0808Dez0808 Member Pit Crew
    Yep also see this in first season. He is top 5 most races
  • sanderu1983sanderu1983 Member Unleaded
    That's the reason I race with sauber for now 😂
  • milookmilook Member Unleaded
    I'm in season 2 with sauber and we have the 2nd best car on the grid. Leclerc has never finished higher than 8th and he just about scrapes into q3 .
  • BULLDOZORBULLDOZOR Member Unleaded
    milook said:
    I'm in season 2 with sauber and we have the 2nd best car on the grid. Leclerc has never finished higher than 8th and he just about scrapes into q3 .
    I'm pretty sure you speed up all the time, and got unrepresentative result.
  • AvengerGR35AvengerGR35 Member New Car Smell
    Yeah for me also Leclerc is very fast. Sauber is 6th in the performance table but Leclerc keeps getting 3rd, 4th or 5th place all the time and he really gives Vettel a hard time. Alonso was also OP before the patch because he was fighting with Red Bulls despite having the worst car on the grid 
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    They really toned down Alonso too, Vandorne is becoming super strong in the McLaren I maxed out.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • milookmilook Member Unleaded
    BULLDOZOR said:
    milook said:
    I'm pretty sure you speed up all the time, and got unrepresentative result.
    What do you mean? I just said that he's never finished higher than 8th in a race and barely gets into q3. He's obviously not OP in my game.
  • vincenzo19vincenzo19 Member Wheel Nut
    I'll vouch for this, season 5 (max ai)... Sauber is the best car on the grid, EVERY race I finish 2nd, because (world champion) Leclerc is simply too fast! but the other cars are nowhere near on pace.

I've reduced the difficulty as low as 85...guess what, still cant catch Leclerc... and obviously now 3rd and below are even further behind on pace.

@Faya any comment on this? what can I do to solve this? and don't say 'be faster'
  • LionMohamed343LionMohamed343 Member New Car Smell
    In my career mode s2 Sauber is The 2 slowest team and still he is figthing for The best of The rest while ericson is to slow
    Mohe4emed

I'll vouch for this, season 5 (max ai)... Sauber is the best car on the grid, EVERY race I finish 2nd, because (world champion) Leclerc is simply too fast! but the other cars are nowhere near on pace.

I've reduced the difficulty as low as 85...guess what, still cant catch Leclerc... and obviously now 3rd and below are even further behind on pace.

@Faya any comment on this? what can I do to solve this? and don't say 'be faster'
    I had this with Alonso and McLaren too though, you'd get the same with Hamilton too no doubt. For me though Leclerc is fairly normal to his real performance although Sauber mostly gains from power circuits due to that Ferrari engine and the game Sauber still do well on technical circuits which is more odd but LionMohamed343 Ericsson is pretty poor anyway imho.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • rico2209rico2209 Member New Car Smell
    Sauber 4th team here, AI around 107-108 and I often see Leclerc in the top 3... Too bad this game so scripted and some points...
  • vincenzo19vincenzo19 Member Wheel Nut
    edited November 27
    I've had to jump ship to Ferrari... couldn't put up with Leclerc destroying me every weekend!

Dare I say, since doing this, Leclerc's pace seems more normal in relation to the rest of the field. Still dominates (to be somewhat expected since the Sauber is the best car on the grid by some margin), but its no longer a case of Leclerc opening up a 6 second lead to 2nd/3rd by lap 3.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    I was beating him quite handidly, but now he's turned some amazing results I haven't yet been able to match.
    Okay yeah I retract my statement too, having seen the cars performance in R&D and his otherwise fairly normal looking stats he really is overperforming quite dramatically lol! And Vandorne keeps out qualifying and out racing Alonso!!!!!! <How did this mistake even happen???

Also just raced in France and clipped the back of my teammate but for no damage simulation but with relaxed rules and got a 5 second penalty for extreme collision... Many times Claire has told me about crashes I haven't done in races but this was a whole new issue.. Why so many issues :'(
    Carystus PS4 Pro