Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Option for Clutch Pedal Depth/Sensitivity

I am hoping that, in the near future, we can have an in-game option for some actual clutch throw/depth.

Currently, the game only employs an on/off toggle for the clutch "button," but should really allow us to ease off the clutch to help control the car under launch. I understand that for controllers, releasing the clutch instantly and feathering the throttle is the optimum technique to get rolling, but for myself, and other wheel users, maybe there should be a menu setting to switch that to more of an analogue control.

Just for reference, I am using a Fanatec setup with their new McLaren GT3 rim, which has the awesome dual clutch paddles below the shifters. I would love to be able to use their full depth to feather the clutch AND the throttle, not just release and go.

Comments

• pijinpijin Member Race Engineer
    This would be pretty neat. Even for controllers, before manual starts was implemented, I was requesting that the brake trigger to be used as the clutch paddle for race starts. As soon as the trigger is fully released, it will go back to being the brake pedal. With the rumble triggers on Xbox, they could even use haptics to help you identify the ideal bite point, just like it does for ideal RPM.

Alternatively, it could be holding down the left bumper (DRS in my setup) will make the brake trigger a clutch trigger, so you can use it in pit stops and to do spin turns or what not. Just some ideas to make a variable cutch accessible to all input methods, since it’d be pretty sick to have.
  • billybob38billybob38 Member New Car Smell
    pijin said:
    This would be pretty neat. Even for controllers, before manual starts was implemented, I was requesting that the brake trigger to be used as the clutch paddle for race starts. As soon as the trigger is fully released, it will go back to being the brake pedal. With the rumble triggers on Xbox, they could even use haptics to help you identify the ideal bite point, just like it does for ideal RPM.

Alternatively, it could be holding down the left bumper (DRS in my setup) will make the brake trigger a clutch trigger, so you can use it in pit stops and to do spin turns or what not. Just some ideas to make a variable cutch accessible to all input methods, since it’d be pretty sick to have.
    That's a good idea. Before I switched over to the sim setup, I would have appreciated the controller brake trigger functioning as a clutch, at least for the race starts.