Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Xbox One Controller Rumble on 1.10 PC

XoragXorag Member New Car Smell
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue after the latest major windows update where, when trigger rumble is enabled, i get zero vibration. This was working fine before  win10 v1809 and worked fine on F1 2017 as well. I've made sure the controller is registered in steam and i've tried with steam controller support enabled and disabled, without a difference. If i turn trigger rumble to auto i DO get regular vibration, however nothing i do seems to resolve this. Trigger rumble is working perfectly fine in Forza Horizon 4, however...

Comments

• Barni2212Barni2212 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 13
    Same problem for me. I haven't changed anything but my vibration is gone. Yesterday it was fine but today it's gone. Trigger rumble = On -> no vibration at all. Triger rumble auto-> no rumble vibration just controller vibration.
    Post edited by Barni2212 on
  • ShaykzShaykz Member New Car Smell
    Got exactly the same issue, no more vibration when enable in menu, get vibration when disabled but trigger vibration doesn't work in both case..
    Was fine before...
  • ShaykzShaykz Member New Car Smell
    and it's the same In F1 2017 and 2018, no trigger vibration
  • IH185IH185 Member New Car Smell
    Same here, it was all working fine for me on Thursday night, did full quali and 100% race with no problems and now I can  only get the controller rumble with the 'AUTO' setting as above  which really hinders the feedback when on track.
  • juniorhonourjuniorhonour Member New Car Smell
    same problem :( there is league races tomorrow and I think I won't be able to race :( 
  • Tarou11Tarou11 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 13
    I bet all the people posting here are using Steam to play F1 2018. I do and have the same issue since the latest Steam update, it can't be a coincidence. Please Codemaster, get in touch with Steam to check what they changed.
    Post edited by Tarou11 on
    edited October 13
    Here is part of the latest Steam update changelog. They did do changes regarding controllers...

Big Picture
    • Fixed loading custom controller layouts from the Big Picture Mode “Define Layout” screen
    • Fixed displaying numbers in the Family View PIN entry screen
    • Fixed using controllers and keyboards on the Manage DLC screen
    • Prevent exit of Big Picture Mode while games using its overlay for controller support, friends list integration, or other Steamworks API features are running

Steam Input
    • Added the ability to switch controller order for XInput controllers in the in-game Big Picture overlay
    • Fixed intermittent crash occurring when controllers are rapidly connected and disconnected
    • Fix an issue with Generic Gamepads that have digital triggers where the trigger could get stuck on
    • Fix an issue with Nintendo Switch Pro Controllers that could cause loss of input while rumbling
    • Fix an issue where applying a configuration in the in-game overlay would open in the main Big Picture window instead of the overlay
    • Fix an issue on Linux that could cause gamepad emulation to break when using Steam Input for generic gamepads
    • Fix previewing configurations for non-Steam Games. Note - you will still not be able to apply the configuration unless you have a matching shortcut in your library.
    • Fix some cases where inputs would be misaligned when previewing configurations
    • Fix some 3rd party PS4 controllers showing up as having low batteries when connected over USB
    • Fix an initialization issue with the Nintendo Switch Pro controller over USB

PS: I just had some messages exchanges with someone from Steam support, and they say the issue comes from the game, not from them. I still think it comes from Steam however.. I got this issue right away after the Steam update.
  • SealClubb3rSealClubb3r Member New Car Smell
    Barni2212 said:
    Same problem for me. I haven't changed anything but my vibration is gone. Yesterday it was fine but today it's gone. Trigger rumble = On -> no vibration at all. Triger rumble auto-> no rumble vibration just controller vibration.
    Same here. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
    Hi Codemasters,

after reading a bit more on how trigger rumble works on Windows, I think this issue is due to the fact that the latest Steam version updated their Xinput and / or APIs.

Which makes me to think that one or more of the following F1 2018 files need to be updated, as no longer compatible with the updated Steam version:
    - GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win64.dll
    - steam_api64.dll
    - Windows.Gaming.Input.dll

Best regards.

Hi @Hoo and @Faya , any update on this issue?

I am not a developper but I do think it is something pretty simple to fix, like 2-3 lines to change or a mapping to redo, to enable again the trigger rumble... It is maybe not the most critical issue players are facing now, but I can assure you that this trigger rumble feature is nearly vital for the players that are using a Xbox One Controller and play with assists off.

Many thanks.
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi all and thanks for posting and for the tag. I’ll send this to the team for further investigation. In the mean time, it sounds like you’re all on Steam, correct? Have any of you tried validating your game files? (I know I ask that of everyone, but I like to be as thorough as possible). Are you all using Xbox pads? Could you also let me know if you’re using wired or not and which USB type port you are using? (2.0 or 3.0?). And finally, could you send me your DXDiags and Hardware setups as well? Make sure to link back to the this thread, letting me know who you are. Thanks!

How to save a DXDiag

In Windows 7:

1.       Click on the "Start" Button.

2.       In the Search Box type dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.

3.       Click on “Save all Information.”

4.       Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

5.       Send the file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

In Windows 8, Windows 10:

1.       Press the [Windows]+[R] keys on your keyboard to bring up the Run command.

2.       In the "Run" command box, type in dxdiag and press <Enter>. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.

3.       Click on "Save all Information."

4.       Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.

5.       Send that file to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @ )

How to send us your in-game hardware settings file

• Browse to your hard drive where windows in installed
    • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\<game_folder>\hardwaresettings\"
    • Locate the file "hardware_settings_config.xml" and send this to us at community(AT)codemasters.com (replacing the (AT) with an @)

edited October 15
    Hi @Faya , I am on Steam yes. I did not try to validate the game files, I don't think it will solve the issue but I will try it anyway. I am using a Xbox One pad, wired via USB in a USB 3.0 port. I will send you my dxdiag and in-game settings file.

Please note that all worked well until the latest Steam update. Right after I had the update, the issue was there, and Steam changed things to controllers. It can't be a coincidence.

PS: I just tried to verify the game files in Steam, the issue is still here. I sent my Dxdiag and in-game hardware config files.

Many thanks for your support.
  • IH185IH185 Member New Car Smell
    Hi @Faya, I have also sent through my dxdiag and in game settings files.

I am on Steam but I am using my Xbox pad via bluetooth connection with fresh batteries.

I like @Tarou11 only started having the problem after the Steam update so I hope that Codemasters and Steam can get this sorted as soon as possible.

Many Thanks :)
  • juniorhonourjuniorhonour Member New Car Smell
    I tried wired 3.0, 2.0 nothing change. pc steam windows 10...

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER RUMBLE ON 1.10 PC

• WelcomeYearZeroWelcomeYearZero Member New Car Smell
    Guys, t his isn't our hardware, this isn't our dxdiag, this isn't corrupt files, this is something that either the new steam update has broken or YOU have broken, this is NOT on our end, i had a perfect working rumble triggers up until steam updated and f1 2018 updated, forza motorsports 7 with its superior programming works JUST FINE with trigger rumble.

AS AN OWNER OF F1 2015, F1 2016, F1 2017 and now F1 2018 despite the INSANE prices you charge for essentially a re-skin of your existing engine , I NEED YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE GAME IS SIMPLY UNPLAYABLE WITHOUT TRIGGER RUMBLE PROVIDING THE NECESSARY FEEDBACK FOR TRACTION LEVELS. PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY, MY 59.99 PER YEAR FOR NEW SKINS SHOULD PAY FOR SOMETHING.

Otherwise tell me how i refund this game.

Sincerely
    VERY **** off customer who BARELY has time to play games as I have kids so quite **** when a SIMPLE function that was WORKING just fine suddenly BREAKS and the DEVELOPERS want to waste time with dxidag this and steam verify that. THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE GUYS, PLUG A **** XBOX ONE CONTROLLER IN  WITH LATEST STEAM AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!!!

edited October 16
    Hi @Faya , FYI it affects also F1 2017 and some other games. It is clearly Valve's fault as there has been no update of eithter F1 2018 or F1 2017 between the October patch (1.10) of F1 2018 and Steam release (11/12 October), and it worked fine during this period.

Steam says it comes from the game but we are not stupid and they clearly broke something that impacts YOUR customers.
  • Lapje2011Lapje2011 Member New Car Smell
    edited October 16
    Rumble effect does not work for F1 2018 only. All other games I run from steam, like WRC7, Wreckfest or Project Cars 2 do have a proper working rumble effect on the Xbox one elite controller connected to USB. So I think it should be solved bij Codemasters. It is not a general Steam issue.
    edited October 16
    Nope people reported that GTAV and F1 2017, maybe also other games, had the same issue since the latest update. Also, Codemasters changed nothing between their october patch and the Steam update, and as soon as I got the Steam update, it did not work anymore.

Maybe Codemasters is responsible for part of this issue, like outdated file for input, where other games you mentioned have up-to-date files, but the issue itself has been caused by the latest Steam update.
  • XoragXorag Member New Car Smell
    Just to echo the others, rumble does work fine in other games on steam, and validating game files did not resolve the issue.
    edited October 16
    C'mon Codemasters please :'( ... can't you release a hotfix for this issue, that seems really easy to solve? I think I can even say the issue lies in this file: Windows.Gaming.Input.dll without taking too much risk...

Easy to fix and great impact on gameplay.. If someone who has the PC Non Steam version of the game and can confirm the trigger rumble works, I could even be tempted to buy the game again on the official store to get this function back...