Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

We need a hot seat mode for multiplayer

CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
edited October 2018 in DiRT Rally - Suggestion Box
I know I'm not the only one who gets together with some friends on the weekends and have some friendly competition with my sim setup. Grabbing a random car on a random course and seeing which one of us can drunkenly slide down the mountain the fastest, but it gets old trying to track all of it each time we switch.

So give us hot seat! We can queue how many bodies will be racing, be it local or online, and the game just runs it that many rounds recording the times for everyone. HUGE bonus points if we can extend this to entire tournaments so I can just queue up 5 stages with 4 people in the hot seat option, giving us 20 races without ever having to go back to a menu or write anything down.

And with the deforming surfaces, you could even let that carry over per person or reset it. Make the current fastest time run the first lap, slowest time gets to go last since the ~5+ position should have the best track setup. 

We need a hot seat mode for multiplayer 17 votes

Yes, I'd love this
82%
mumbleshKevHigginsTheodorGRHuufSykeBlindWolfHePersehuoraSmithers1968CatBaddersDreamyGhostZelrojodp8Pior18ARGAirSpeedNBgoldengamer1973 14 votes
Yes, but I'd probably never use it
11%
SamRWDUP100 2 votes
Meh
5%
RodgerDavies 1 vote
No, no one would use it
0%
Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.

Comments

• Pior18ARGPior18ARG Member New Car Smell
    Yes, I'd love this
    YES PLEASE! must have for any rally game!
  • AirSpeedNBAirSpeedNB Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I'd love this
    Yes!! We all beer drinking woman and man need this! The only way to drive, drink and play a champoinship toghter! :smiley:

btw still playing Colin Mcrae 2005 with my friends for the hot seat option...... Pleeeeeaaaseee Codies upgrade us all hot seats players  with Dirt Rally 2.0 Hot Seat option!!

No news on the Hot Seat option...
    But when I read this it doens't looks good...
    "Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment."
    Post edited by AirSpeedNB on
  • DreamyGhostZDreamyGhostZ Member New Car Smell
    edited December 2018
    Yes, I'd love this
    Yes!! We all beer drinking woman and man need this! The only way to drive, drink and play a champoinship toghter! :smiley:

btw still playing Colin Mcrae 2005 with my friends for the hot seat option...... Pleeeeeaaaseee Codies upgrade us all hot seats players  with Dirt Rally 2.0 Hot Seat option!!
    Good mention on CMR2005. N-Gage's CMR2006 had a full-synchronous multiplayer mode which I found really fun to play with pops. Too bad we don't get anymore portable DiRT titles.

My vote is yes. At least that'd be a nice excuse to bring petrolhead homies to my house.
  • AirSpeedNBAirSpeedNB Member New Car Smell
    Yes, I'd love this
    No news on the Hot Seat option...
    But when I read this it doens't looks good...
    "Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment."
  • TheodorGRTheodorGR Member New Car Smell
    Yes, I'd love this
    I love hot seat mode or multiplayer championship offline.I bought every rally game but every single one from WRC 4 hadn't a hotseat or championship