Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Fantasy F1-grid

JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
Alright, so we know that Esteban Ocon being kicked out of F1 is **** up and ****, so I started thinking what a satisfactory grid would be for me.

And since I'm bored, why don't we all do that?

Here's the template. Feel free to fill it in. Maybe explain why you picked who you picked, I don't know, just do you:

Mercedes:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Ferrari:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Red Bull Racing:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Renault:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Haas:
  • 1:
  • 2:
McLaren:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Force India:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Toro Rosso:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Sauber Alfa Romeo:
  • 1:
  • 2:
Williams:
  • 1:
  • 2:
---------------------------
Mercedes:
  • 1: Lewis Hamilton
  • 2: Esteban Ocon
Ferrari:
  • 1: Daniel Ricciardo
  • 2: Charles Leclerc
Red Bull Racing:
  • 1: Max Verstappen
  • 2: Kevin Magnussen
Renault:
  • 1: Nico Hulkenberg
  • 2: Artem Markelov
Haas:
  • 1: Romain Grosjean
  • 2: Kevin Magnussen
McLaren:
  • 1: Lando Norris
  • 2: Carlos Sainz
Force India:
  • 1: Sergio Perez
  • 2: Lance Stroll
Toro Rosso:
  • 1: Pierre Gasly
  • 2: Alexander Albon
Sauber Alfa Romeo:
  • 1: Antonio Giovinazzi
  • 2: Mick Schumacher
Williams:
  • 1: George Russell
  • 2: Robert Kubica

As it turns out, this is a terrible list since I'm kicking Vettel and Bottas and Raikkonen out. I just don't care enough to see them in the top cars and I feel like there is no point to putting them in the lower ranked teams, as I tend give those positions to drivers I'd like to see get a shot in F1. K-Mag at Red Bull as I feel that his impressive consistent pace, along with his unapologetic ****-approach to racing suits the Red Bull-team. Markelov at Renault for the sake of entertainment, Albon because I believe he's outperformed expectations the last three seasons, despite being filler at ART in the GP3 and despite being without a full-time seat in F2 at the start of the year. I think that could translate well into Formula 1. Ricciardo at Ferrari is a romantic move. His personality and driving style seems to suit Ferrari quite well and make him a popular figure with the tifosi. He could be like a modern day Gilles Villeneuve. Hopefully without the sad ending. I'd love to see that.

Comments

• MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Hehe, love these things, lets have a go.

Mercedes:
    • 1: Lewis Hamilton
    • 2: Esteban Ocon
    Ferrari:
    • 1: Daniel Ricciardo
    • 2: Charles Leclerc
    Red Bull Racing:
    • 1: Max Verstappen
    • 2: Fernando Alonso
    Renault:
    • 1: Sebastian Vettel
    • 2: Nico Hulkenberg
    Haas:
    • 1: Kevin Magnussen
    • 2: Sergio Perez
    McLaren:
    • 1: Carlos Sainz
    • 2: Lando Norris
    Force India:
    • 1: Valtteri Bottas
    • 2: George Russell
    Toro Rosso:
    • 1: Pierre Gasly
    • 2: Alexander Albon
    Sauber Alfa Romeo:
    • 1: Antonio Giovinazzi
    • 2: Stoffel Vandoorne
    Williams: 
    • 1: Pascal Wehrlein
    • 2: Robert Kubica

Same as Jiggy, I'd put Hamilton and Ocon in the Mercedes, and Ricciardo and Leclerc at Ferrari. Therefore Bottas is sent to Force India, who's joined by Russell. And Vettel is out of Ferrari and takes the Renault seat alongside Hulkenberg.

Then I'd put Alonso in at Red Bull with Verstappen (what a combination that would be). That means Gasly stays at Toro Rosso for another season but is joined by Albon (who I agree has performed incredibly well the last few seasons, and he's now 2nd in Formula 2 ahead of Norris, which is not something many people can claim to have done).

Talking of Norris, there's no change there with him and Sainz at McLaren. For Haas, I would keep Magnussen but boot out Grosjean and in his place take Perez. And that leaves us with Alfa Romeo Sauber with Giovinazzi and Vandoorne (I think he deserves another year at another team to see if he's really got what it takes). And then Williams, with Wehrlein making a return to F1, and Robert Kubica, because who doesn't want to see him return.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating