Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Strict penalties totally broken

Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
This is a big problem for the online leagues, I participate in two and we had to suspend them temporarily due to this serious problem.

Platform: PS4
Modality: Online with classification. (it is valid for any modality and any circuit)
Norms: Strict.
Verssion: 1.12

The game gives warnings but does not sanction the third warning as it happened before patch 1.10. As you can see in the video when the race finishes, I do not have sanctions but I have 21 warnings. This is a test I did this morning. As you will understand right now you can not run races online because people skip the corners without being penalized. This is a very serious problem that must be fixed urgently.

Comments

• ChristerHiortChristerHiort Member Unleaded
    I assume you are on 1.12 ? Might want to edit the post to make that clear.
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    Codemasters is not working on this? We want an F1 without penalties? This is a huge failure that must be addressed and fixed urgently. So it's impossible to compete, do something already, I'm tired of seeing riders skipping the corners without receiving penalties.
    Really Codemasters is worrying about the failures of the game after 1.12? It is hard to believe it.
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi @Barrikada71

Could you let me know if this was a ranked or unranked race please? Do you happen to have video of the whole race as well so we can see what you were doing to get the warnings you were getting? Thanks!
    I'm sorry but I do not have the whole video of that race but I will try today to make a video of a whole career, I will accumulate penalties on purpose so that they can see that the strict regulations do not work. Thank you.
    Next I pass 2 videos. The 2 videos are "ranked" online races at 25% distance. The first belongs to the GP of Abu Dhabi, I finally disqualified for cutting the corners, but I get a penalty of 6 seconds for 30 warnings. The second belongs to the GP of Canada, I am not sanctioned at the end of the race but I have 21 warnings, there are even curves (fast curve before the fork) that you can cut the curve in a brazen way without any warning. If you need more information, ask for it. A greeting.

Are you going to fix these shameful failures one day?
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    Hi all,

I've removed a number of off topic posts and some abusive posts from this thread. 

@Barrikada71, the team is still looking into this report. You are more than welcome to ask for an update, but please be civil in your requests.  

This still does not work. Is it going to fix?
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    Faya said:
    Hi all,

I've removed a number of off topic posts and some abusive posts from this thread. 

@Barrikada71, the team is still looking into this report. You are more than welcome to ask for an update, but please be civil in your requests.  

Be Civil? Glad you've got a sense of humour @faya
    Faya said:
    Hi all,

Be Civil? Glad you've got a sense of humour @faya

This thread deals with the following. If you have nothing to contribute I would ask you not to write in it and stop making comments that confuse users, thanks.

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/141151/strict-penalties-totally-broken#latest
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi @Barrikada71,

I’ve spoken with the team this morning. This is working as intended, and while you may not get all the penalties, your safety rating will take a hit if you continue to get lots of warnings.

With all due respect, Codemasters is lying. Before patch 1.10, the game gave you 3 warnings and in the third you sanctioned with 3 seconds (warning 1, warning 2 and warning 3). After the patch 1.10 the game gives the same warning several times and the first warning is given as warning 0 without almost ever reaching the third warning so the game does not sanction as it should. If Codemasters says that it works well, it has a very serious problem in not recognizing what a huge flaw is. When I put the videos it is for Codemasters to review them, at least in this case it is clear that they have not seen it. I ask you to fix this huge mistake, since you can not allow a pilot to cheat by skipping the corners without being punished by the game. In my country there is a saying that says "There is no greater blind than the one who does not want to see" and that is what Codemasters is doing, not recognizing their failures and looking the other way. For my part I will continue to provide evidence that should not be necessary because I have already posted two videos.
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi again @Barrikada71,

You are correct that the rules were changed after patch 1.10. This was as the corner cutting rules were changed to strict in that update and people could get a huge amount of warnings for innocent mistakes, which would in turn cause their safety rating to go down a lot. So, to stop the huge amount of penalties and warnings players would get for minor mistakes, the penalties were removed for multiple warnings. You’ll still get a penalty if you cut the track a lot, but not if you accidentally cut it a bit. Each warning that a player gets will still count towards their safety rating, so it’s still a good idea to race as clean as possible. This is for Ranked only, so if you see this in Unranked, do let me know.

I hope that clears it up for you?

Very well, I understand the explanation perfectly but I do not see it ethically or justly. That is, the people who drive on the track are now penalized in front of the people who cut the corners and only give notice without being penalized. Does that seem right to Codemasters? With his explanation he has already told me everything I wanted to hear, everything is very clear to me, this F1 2018 has been made for cheaters and for people with help, the others have no voice or vote. I really feel sorry. Codemasters promised more simulation and is returning to the stone age of the games, benefiting a few and damaging simulation and online leagues. I always cross with cheats in all the races that hit me and penalize me, against that they do nothing? I really do not understand, what could have been a great game you have turned into a game for children and cheaters. By the way the strict sanctions do not work in rooms without classification, I pass a video to him, do you the count of the notices and the sanctions if they want.

• TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    Faya said:

Hi again @Barrikada71,

You are correct that the rules were changed after patch 1.10. This was as the corner cutting rules were changed to strict in that update and people could get a huge amount of warnings for innocent mistakes, which would in turn cause their safety rating to go down a lot. So, to stop the huge amount of penalties and warnings players would get for minor mistakes, the penalties were removed for multiple warnings. You’ll still get a penalty if you cut the track a lot, but not if you accidentally cut it a bit. Each warning that a player gets will still count towards their safety rating, so it’s still a good idea to race as clean as possible. This is for Ranked only, so if you see this in Unranked, do let me know.

I hope that clears it up for you?

This is great work Faya, work done and pass on thanks to the team
    edited November 7
    It is normal to say that, those of us who know him already know what you are doing in this forum. For your information I provide evidence and I do not invent non-existent gaps in the game. Your opinion shows the type of driver you are, since it seems perfect to have 30 warnings per corner cut in the game and to have 0 penalties. In case you do not understand a lot of F1 that I think a lot does not understand, the car must go inside the limits of the track and in Real F1 the second or even first warning is penalized, that if it was done in that way it is totally Realistically you would spend all the flashbacks of the game and it is normal that you do not share my opinion, but the ruling is there and is indisputable. I return to put the video to refresh your memory, I repeat 30 warnings or penalties and won the race but according to you this is not cheating, is it?

Post edited by Barrikada71 on
    https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/139154/ranked-multiplayer-settings-corner-cutting-rules-update#latest

Faya, for Codemasters these opinions do not count true? Is Codemasters really impartial? I think not
  • SmiXSmiX Member Unleaded
    Faya said:

Hi again @Barrikada71,

You are correct that the rules were changed after patch 1.10.  ... I hope that clears it up for you?

Thanks @Faya for clarifying, but if it was changed, why do we get that information weeks later when we think it is just another bug which come with another patch as `every` patch brokes something new or (more often) old and possibly already fixed?
    Why it was not noted in patch notes?
    Xbox One X
    It is a shame, if you read the link what Faya says is a lie, the link says that the strict rules are maintained and it is exactly the opposite of what you are saying. With the patch they have generated a new failure and as always they do not want to recognize it.