Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Dirt 4 recovery count

Hello CM and fans! This is relating to Dirt 4 on the PS4.
I have found out why I can never get the reward for recoveries, I did 3 different rallies in Historic and all 3 had 8 stages, every one required me to do these with less than 7 recoveries. I literally don't do recoveries, not that you can anyway, you get the recovery icon on screen and wait 2-3 seconds and you auto return, whether you press the recovery button or not..
Anyway, I was getting a recovery count every single stage I did, passed all cleanly, no crashes, even Sweden was a good show! But every time the stat for sponsors said 1 more count every time I finished a stage.

Can you please look into this, it may seem minor to some but even if it doesn't affect getting better sponsors its still nice to be able to complete objectives when all is correct my side. Thanks.
Carystus PS4 Pro
"The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari

Comments

• happyboy1974happyboy1974 Member New Car Smell
    Auto-return would be classed as recovery as far as I would think. whether you press the recovery button or the game recovers you it's the same thing.  
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    Yeah it would though I was only making a point in the manual return not working but regarding the bug I have I can do any stage without any recovery situation whatsoever and still get the count on the sponsor requirements making it impossible to achieve.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Unleaded
    Do you stop near the end for the marshal or just charge through? I think sometimes that can endup counting a recovery.
    Ummm I charge through lol! I will try it again stopping right at the moment, really harsh if that counts even though they do specify STOP at the marshal but as the timer is still going I just have a mind set to keep pushing..
    nbates66 thanks for this info and suggestion. Will update with result later.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
  • DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal
    The stage time stops once you cross the finish line, after that you don't need to push anymore. If you mean the countdown timer after the finish, that's just so the game can continue. You either stop at the marshal or the timer runs out and you get to the results page, next race, etc. You don't need to stop at the marshal exactly when it runs out, you can do it sooner too, in that case you'll just get to the results page a bit sooner
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
    Yes indeed how odd, the game penalises going through lol! It makes sense they do state to stop but I just assumed the rally was done as you hit the flags so saved time plowing through lmao! Thanks for all the info and advice, I now have my clean rally stats coming up too so simply racing on did a double badie!
    Carystus PS4 Pro