Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Please import all the locations from the original Dirt rally

PukliPukli Member New Car Smell
As much as I really hope to see other countries (Japan for example)  in the dirt rally series I don't understand why they don't want to use the original locations as well. And since they have been already done well enough in the original dirt rally importing original locations to dirt rally 2.0 should be something to seriously consider.

Please import all the locations from the original Dirt rally 8 votes

Bring back the original Dirt rally locations.
87%
mesaMO86WolfHeBert637PukliCatBaddersNuka84 7 votes
Don't bring back the old locations
12%
SamRWD 1 vote

Comments

• DarraghLynchDarraghLynch Member Unleaded
    I think Codemasters can no longer use the content from the original game due to licensing issues with actual WRC locations (Ouninpohja, Sweet Lamb, Col de Turini).

While it would make sense for them to use these locations again, they would have to create entirely new stages that would be totally fictional so they may aswell use new locations. DR2 is kinda a clean slate for them to use new locations. 
  • CatBaddersCatBadders Member New Car Smell
    I think Codemasters can no longer use the content from the original game due to licensing issues with actual WRC locations (Ouninpohja, Sweet Lamb, Col de Turini).

While it would make sense for them to use these locations again, they would have to create entirely new stages that would be totally fictional so they may aswell use new locations. DR2 is kinda a clean slate for them to use new locations. 
    Honestly, re-licensing that content may be expensive upfront but they should be able to lift the vast majority of work from the old maps. Front load the cost into licensing, you'll save thousands of hours of dev time which adds up fast, and quickly expand the pool of locations. Maybe there is more to the licensing than a big check, it happens in every industry, but I do think it is worth at least exploring the CBA between the two.
  • mesamesa Member Co-Driver
    I think CM will never give us the original DR tracks because they use an evolution of their bad track generator intead of making real track
    As i seen in DR 2.0 videos all the tracks looks the same as we've got in Dirt 4 (hill on the left,fence on the right, you drives always in an invidible tunnel)
    G
    M
    T
    Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
    Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

- mesa -

https://www.facebook.com/MesasArtworks
    More liveries / mods of mine at
    http://mesasartworks.hu

Logitech G27 w OMP 350 mm