Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Can't Connect to Server

After downloading the game, I get a couple of Can't Connect to Server Errors, then it tries to load. The bar gets near the end, then stops and sits there forever. Eventually an Error screen pops up saying a connection with the servers cannot be established. Error #gsto. I tap ok and immediately get "A network error has occurred" screen. Tap reconnect, wait. It just spins forever until I force close the app. Any ideas?

Comments

• SnkD19SnkD19 Member New Car Smell
    I have exactly the same problem. I tried on different networks and no luck ...
  • RC986SRC986S Member New Car Smell
    edited October 25
    iPhone X with iOS12 if that helps troubleshoot it. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app, no difference. Tried different WiFi networks and cellular, no go. 
  • SnkD19SnkD19 Member New Car Smell
    ye i've done the exact same steps.
    what country are you from if you don't mind me asking?
  • RC986SRC986S Member New Car Smell
    I’m in USA. Disappointed by lack of response. 
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    RC986S said:
    I’m in USA. Disappointed by lack of response. 
    Welcome to the world of Codemasters customer support.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • LavoroLavoro Member New Car Smell
    RC986S said:
    After downloading the game, I get a couple of Can't Connect to Server Errors, then it tries to load. The bar gets near the end, then stops and sits there forever. Eventually an Error screen pops up saying a connection with the servers cannot be established. Error #gsto. I tap ok and immediately get "A network error has occurred" screen. Tap reconnect, wait. It just spins forever until I force close the app. Any ideas?
    Same problem with me. I’m in Brazil.
  • ChrisGrovesMCMChrisGrovesMCM Member Community Manager

Hey there, thanks for the feedback :) the connection quality of the game obviously depends a lot on your device’s internet/WiFi connection. However, we are constantly making improvements to the consistency and quality of connection times for players, so you can expect to see steps forward in this area imminently. Thanks again!