Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Blue flag in practice/qualifying sessions

MartincgMartincg Member New Car Smell
This may have already been discussed but it would be good to see blue flags in practice and qualifying sessions. Sometimes it is hard to see which car is on a fast lap. I 'll be on a fast lap and it looks like the car in front is slowing down then all of a sudden they are racing you down the straight. Just an idea codemasters as it happens in real f1. 

Comments

• saukisusaukisu Member New Car Smell
    Good Idea

My idea is this.
    In-lap, out-lap, attack-lap
    The driver explicitly selects these three states.
    The system displays the blue flag to the driver according to the LAP state.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    saukisu said:
    Good Idea

My idea is this.

And how would the game know if we were on a quick lap or an in lap? It wouldn't it would just end up being  another way to bug the whole game up besides as far as I know they only use blue flags and such in the race itself not in practice or qualifying irl.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• MartincgMartincg Member New Car Smell
    Hi sjsharp,
    Blue flags are used in practice. 

d) Light Blue flag: This should normally be waved, as an indication to a driver that he is about to be overtaken. It has different meanings during practice and the race. At all times : – A stationary flag should be displayed to a driver leaving the pits if traffic is approaching on the track. During practice : – Give way to a faster car which is about to overtake you. During the race : – The flag should normally be shown to a car about to be lapped and, when shown, the driver concerned must allow the following car to pass at the earliest opportunity.

If the game could somehow implement these rules it would be realistic.
    Martincg said:
    Hi sjsharp,
    Blue flags are used in practice. 

d) Light Blue flag: This should normally be waved, as an indication to a driver that he is about to be overtaken. It has different meanings during practice and the race. At all times : – A stationary flag should be displayed to a driver leaving the pits if traffic is approaching on the track. During practice : – Give way to a faster car which is about to overtake you. During the race : – The flag should normally be shown to a car about to be lapped and, when shown, the driver concerned must allow the following car to pass at the earliest opportunity.

If the game could somehow implement these rules it would be realistic.

I know what the Blue flag  means I meant that I've never seen it waved in practice only in races

• MartincgMartincg Member New Car Smell
    Sjsharp,

You wrote =  (as far as I know they only use blue flags and such in the race itself not in practice or qualifying irl.). I answered your question that's why I posted what I did.
  • willian2011willian2011 Member New Car Smell
    @sjsharp2010
    the blue flag appears also in the classification being stirred by the commissioners of evidence and panels of led
    saukisu said:
    Good Idea

My idea is this.
    TBH that souinsd like too much for the driver to worry about I think it's best to just leave the system as it is. Especially if the drivers in the middle of a practice program or just doing a free roam run.

• TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    saukisu said:
    Good Idea

My idea is this.
    Should work easily for A.I - can't see issue here

Whether online racers should have to do this or not is another debate
  • Uday9479Uday9479 Member Unleaded
    If doing a 1 lap qualy, there's no issue as only the fastest car's ghost appears along with Your car.

On similar lines to blue flags, AIs are very troublesome during Track Acclimatization Programme as the markers are placed on the racing line & the AIs (going slow or fast) usually be on the racing line, especially when negotiating a turn. Codemasters should convert the AIs to ghosts either when negotiating a turn or throughout the entire programme.
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    I just had a race in Mexico where leclerc was 1 lap down in 20th (i was in 4th) he overtook me after i made a mistake with 3 laps to go and then proceeded to ignore the blue flags for 3 laps . I knew i couldn't get 3rd or loose 4th so i shadowed him to see what would happen . At no stage did he move off the racing line and lift to let me thu and was not penalised at the end of the race