Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

1.14 impossible AI sector/laptime bug still exists!

Thought the 1.14 patch solved this issue but have seen cars going way too fast when using the return to garage and flying lap features...

While doing Bahrain career mode I saw Sainz get P2 in practice due to a very fast/impossible first sector...

Anyone else still seen this issue?

Xbox one, 1.14

Comments

• Hades1275Hades1275 Member New Car Smell
     :/ Great another thread on a "fixed" issue, care to address this Codemasters? How come the AI post strange sector times and it's not just in practice either it's also in qualifying, I'm watching Aarava's career mode episode 76 in Belgium and when he fast forwarded Pierre Gasly popped in P2 in Q2 instantly even though Toro Rosso are the 7th fastest team. In Singapore of his season 2, Alonso qualified on pole by a second to Ocon and won the race by 40+ seconds, it's just jarring to me. I'm still on Germany on season 1 in light of these issues, I'm not motivated by this as it stands.

He's on PC because it's easier to capture game footage, but I'm convinced it's not just PC that has this same issue. So if I patch my game to 1.14 on PS4, I will start getting these strange lap times from slow drivers making it into Q3 and start screwing around with my races by being off the pace when we get to it? Monaco is going to be fun... not.

I'm glad this is becoming the no 1 issue being generated now from users hopefully this will be addressed properly.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    It hasn't been fixed on PS4 either I'm afraid 
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    I find it funny that while some users say that AI is very fast others say that AI is very slow, maybe they should open a common thread to see all opinions.
    I find it funny that while some users say that AI is very fast others say that AI is very slow, maybe they should open a common thread to see all opinions.
    My last time I'm gonna respond to you on this forum; trolling you at first was fun but it's not even funny now, I'm bored at how little detail or respect you pay to anyone's opinions on here. Please keep flagging my comments it only makes people read them more when they see that it's got a reaction. Keep trolling me/others if you wish but I'm done with your ignorance.

Theres a difference between the two things you've said;

1) If you fast forward or jump to flying lap during a session some AI will post a particular Sector time at least a second quicker than anyone else. The patch notes address this but don't fix this.

2) The other thread we are discussing is where AI are noticeably slow in particular corners - suggesting raising AI difficulty is nonsense, that will just make AI quicker around everywhere else.
    I did not talk to you and my post is aimed at all users with that problem, it seems that you are still fighting with people who do not think like you. For now I see less than 10 users complaining about this aspect and there are thousands of users in F1 2018 so I do not see their complaints as a generalized failure.
  • Bono00Bono00 Member New Car Smell
    No problem in China, I think the bug appears on the tracks where you can gain time on the pit entry.
  • GramiscelhiGramiscelhi Member New Car Smell
    unfortunately after Patch Update 1.13 and 1.14 the error continues to persist,
    the qualification remains unbalanced, and AI continues to make amazing times, always play in the same settings as the launch of F1 2018, and qualified me competitive, and now no more competitive using the same level of difficulty settings and aids.
    Please codmasters correct the problem the career is wrong, in monaco the difference between the AI time and more than 1 second from the first to the second placed this shows the imbalance, and I who always fought with the first 3, I am now only in fifteenth because of this bug.
    Platform: Pc
    Level: 100%
    Aids: Only ABS brake is activated, remaining off.

Hi @Faya , have you seen/acknowledged that this problem still persists?

Thanks

• FayaFaya Member admin

Hi @Turtlemoose, the feedback in this thread has been sent back to the team in my report today. 

I can only speculate that the AI are posting generated lap-times and looking at Aarava's career mode videos it annoys me that the glitched lap times ruin what could be a great series of episodes. The fact they're so close on pace to each other sometimes the AI post the exact same lap time as one another suggesting that it's being generated for them and not when they cross the start/finish line leading to team-mates of higher teams being eliminated in Q1 or Q2 due to the lap times converging. Just go through the recent episodes of Aarava's career mode with the QA team you'll see weird lap times being set by the AI during qualifying (I'm sure you're investigating, it's killing career mode for me right now). Perhaps run through a career mode with some sort of data capture attached to see what is happening during the sessions and when the session goes to 0:00 in Q1 and Q2 maybe Q3 as well and while you're in the garage, sometimes the reshuffle is dramatic before the standings come up. I'm still on 1.12 at present, but from what I've seen 1.14 looks to be much more prevalent of this issue. Note how Raikkonen, Aarava's team mate is knocked out in Q1 and in Q2 in separate episodes. Singapore when Aarava was in Haas in Season 2 when Alonso won by over 40 seconds and got pole by over a second to Ocon.

I must say, I'm not as surprised to note that you disagreed with a moderator, hmm ok so @Faya is in the wrong here for passing this issue to the team? Ok well can't please everyone I guess then. *shrugs*
    It seems that you speak without having knowledge and in the future I ask you to ask before accusing. If I do not agree with Faya is not to send the report if not to address this failure and not attend to many other failures where the threads have been open for weeks and there is not a single answer by Faya, do you think it's okay? Not me and I'm not talking about failures that I have reported, but failures that other users have reported. In those actions I do not see that everyone is treated equally, much less, I have seen people who have opened threads and have spent months without a response from Faya, in fact there are some threads that have never been answered, so for please do not give lessons in ethics and morals, until we could get there
    And by the way days ago I asked Faya why this is not fulfilled if it clearly states in the forum rules that when there is a failure you have to do what you put in this link. The rules are only valid for some and not for others? Is that treating everyone equally?

https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting#latest
  • StefanClaassenStefanClaassen Member New Car Smell
    It seems that you speak without having knowledge and in the future I ask you to ask before accusing. If I do not agree with Faya is not to send the report if not to address this failure and not attend to many other failures where the threads have been open for weeks and there is not a single answer by Faya, do you think it's okay? Not me and I'm not talking about failures that I have reported, but failures that other users have reported. In those actions I do not see that everyone is treated equally, much less, I have seen people who have opened threads and have spent months without a response from Faya, in fact there are some threads that have never been answered, so for please do not give lessons in ethics and morals, until we could get there
    Man you're annoying.. I don't even read your post anymore. Takes me forever to understand.
     Look I'll be civil ok, I'll also acknowledge some things are being seemingly ignored, fair enough, however some of these "failures" take resources to find a solution to them, but you must understand that they're probably already working on the foundations for next years' game and it costs money to continue developing patches for the current game so you can't have them all fixed. I can say, from following Aarava's career mode series on his channel that has spanned across multiple patches of this game, I have seen this AI issue more and more common in recent episodes and it makes it artificial and I have now recently gone to v1.14 on PS4 and will now experience this same bug in qualifying in my own career mode. If v1.15 or something is in the pipeline then I hope at least this one is addressed. I'm seeing career modes are starting to turn artificial because the players' team-mate is getting screwed or the bug means the time sheets are screwed up and a decent lap puts you down the order just because the lap times are converging on one another.

Ok, I know there are bugs where some user has put a thread together asking for it to be looked at and it hasn't been looked at by someone in the team, it's true that isn't right, but like I said the team is small and it takes resources to look at multiple things at once and come up with solutions to put in the next update, not every user will have their prayers answered, that's the way it is nowadays.
    To this I mean, users would appreciate comments like yours and could even understand the cause of why they do not receive an answer, but there are many comments that are not constructive and that increases the frustration of the users. Answers like yours would help. A greeting.
    @Faya hows the team getting on with fixing this? Any updates soon?