Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Game crash

I have a problem with loading my career save, the game is switched off during the loading screen without any error message.

Comments

• FayaFaya Member admin

Hi there and thanks for posting.

Could you let me know what platform you are on please? Does the game crash at the same point every time? If it does, can you let me know what happens in the run up to the crash? 

Many thanks,

• Gregorpl5522Gregorpl5522 Member New Car Smell
    I play on a PC.
    When loading a career, the game turns off on the loading screen. Save of  career at the first German GP training session.
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi @Gregorpl5522,

Thanks for the info! As you’re on PC, have you tried verifying your files? Could you also send me you Steam ID to start with so I can do some investigation my side. If verifying your files doesn’t work, could you send me in any crash dumps you have and your DXDiag and Hardware settings please? You can find the information on how to send us the information in this thread here.

Validating F1 2018 downloaded correctly

1.      Open Steam and go to the Library tab.

2.      Right click on F1 2018 and select Properties.

3.      Go to the Local Files tab and click verify integrity of game files.

How to find your Steam ID

1.       Click “Steam” in the top left corner of the client

2.       Select “Settings”

3.       In the Steam Settings popup select “Interface”

4.       Put a tick in the “Display Steam URL address bar when available” tickbox

5.       Close the popup by clicking “OK”

6.       In the Steam client click on your “Steam Name” and select “Profile”

7.       Your Steam User ID is the long number at the end of the displayed URL

How to find your Steam ID if you have a custom URL       

1. Log in to your Steam account.

2. In your steam interface, click on your username in the top right corner, then click "View Profile"

3. While viewing your profile, select "Edit Profile"

4. Scroll down to "Custom URL" and delete the profile URL you've set.

5. Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"

6. Once the page has refreshed, your profile URL will have your assigned Steam ID. Please send this to us.

8.       Make sure to re-enter your “Custom URL” afterwards and reset this to your previous custom URL.

edited November 2018
    I tried to verify files and reinstall the game. My SteamID: 76561198043266955

Dxdiag and crash dump I sent in email.

I tried to load the save on another computer and it happens exactly the same, so I suspect it's a career-save problem. I remember the last time I played, I had a problem with the tire management training program, because I had to fit in time (--: --). Probably some update caused a problem with loading my career.

Post edited by Gregorpl5522 on
  • FayaFaya Member admin

Hi again and thanks for sending that through! We would like to take a look at your save game, could you send that through to us as well please? You should be able to find how to do that in this thread again. 

edited November 2018
    Hello
    Is it possible to solve my problem?

I started a new career and there is a problem with the tyres menagement training program, because the time I have to fit in is --:--

Fix this game, I tried everything including the reinstallation of windows.
  • JayojackalJayojackal Member New Car Smell
    I had a similar issue, where I would load my career and just as I started a session, the game would crash to desktop with no error message. I tried the change from full screen to windowed mode and that some times worked. In the end it turned out that my antivirus, Bitdefender, had started to block .exe files from running. Once I made exceptions for these files, the crashing to desktop completely stopped. No issues since. Cheers.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    I had a similar issue, where I would load my career and just as I started a session, the game would crash to desktop with no error message. I tried the change from full screen to windowed mode and that some times worked. In the end it turned out that my antivirus, Bitdefender, had started to block .exe files from running. Once I made exceptions for these files, the crashing to desktop completely stopped. No issues since. Cheers.
    3rd party AV & Windows 10 = Bad idea. Use Defender and UPDATE Windows. That's all.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.