Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Equal Cars in Single Player

As a league racer, and I'm sure I speak for many of us, I find it massively frustrating to not be able to practice in an equal version of my assigned league car in single player; in my case Renault.  Yes, equal online cars are based on the Mercedes, and I use that to practice.  However, it doesn't feel the same, and it certainly doesn't sound the same, which means come race night, things feel and sound very different from what I've been forced to practice in.

Please please please add an option to Grand Prix mode in F1 2019 for equal cars (or I suppose an alternative is letting us do single player online races).  Add it to F1 2018, and I'll just send you a cheque right now :)
Fun, fair, and clean racing for all skill levels!

Comments

• MrCosta96MrCosta96 Member Wheel Nut
    It was already a thing in F1 2016. Not sure why they took it out
  • PedroPM94PedroPM94 Member Unleaded
    edited November 2
    MrCosta96 said:
    This was never an option.
  • bassserbassser Member Wheel Nut
    The problem is, that the online car is not based on the Mercedes, but on a mixture between Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Kind of the best bits of every car combined.
    F1 2017 Beta Tester | League Racer | Thrustmaster T500 RS | PC | F1 Gaming since F1 97
  • moogleslammoogleslam Member Race Steward
    bassser said:
    The problem is, that the online car is not based on the Mercedes, but on a mixture between Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Kind of the best bits of every car combined.
    I hadn't heard that, but whatever it's based on, my request still stands! :)
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    As a league racer, and I'm sure I speak for many of us, I find it massively frustrating to not be able to practice in an equal version of my assigned league car in single player; in my case Renault.  Yes, equal online cars are based on the Mercedes, and I use that to practice.  However, it doesn't feel the same, and it certainly doesn't sound the same, which means come race night, things feel and sound very different from what I've been forced to practice in.

Please please please add an option to Grand Prix mode in F1 2019 for equal cars (or I suppose an alternative is letting us do single player online races).  Add it to F1 2018, and I'll just send you a cheque right now :)
    Thank you very much friend, I've been saying that for years, I even said it recently in this forum and there were people who insulted me and told me I was crazy and that all the cars were the same. Surely those who spoke are not crazy but certainly not fools are enough.
  • sirio994sirio994 Member Wheel Nut
    I'd love to have the option of equal cars and even the option to race as yourself in single race or championship mode (not only in career)
  • Bobino12Bobino12 Member, Drivers Wheel Nut
    I fully support that and would like this feature added to Time Trial too. Why do  I have to use a car like Mercedes or Ferrari in TT if i never drive it in my racing league ? I'm driving in cockpit mode and the visibility is so much different from different cars. Just put an option of equal cars in these modes. Easier saying than doing I can imagine...
    It could be the implement that would satisfy me the most for the next game.
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    edited November 2
    This would also make for a great quick race offline as well as Championship mode. I'm up for an equal option.
    As you stated as with all seasons, there are somethings not equal like the feel of the car. I remember either 2012 or 2013 the Lotus had awful brakes so even with equal performance the poor brakes gave a huge disadvantage online. So I can see how training in set cars will also make a huge difference.
    This season the McLaren is possibly the best handler and you can still feel the difference online, part could be psychological but there are still very set advantages to certain teams to how you may drive.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
    PedroPM94 said:
    MrCosta96 said:
    It was because thats how I prepared to league races back then.
  • PedroPM94PedroPM94 Member Unleaded
    MrCosta96 said:
    PedroPM94 said:
    MrCosta96 said:
    Where did you use it then? I really don´t remember that ever appearing on a menu.
    PedroPM94 said:
    MrCosta96 said:
    PedroPM94 said:
    MrCosta96 said:
    Where did you use it then? I really don´t remember that ever appearing on a menu.
    Dont remember exactly but its somewhere around race settings in the Grand Prix mode.
    Bump..... until we get a Codies response, or it's implemented in the game :)
  • Dez0808Dez0808 Member Pit Crew
    edited November 9
    Can you not host a private server for a single race weekend including practice sessions?
    Dez0808 said:
    Can you not host a private server for a single race weekend including practice sessions?
    Right now something like that is the only option.  It's not always ideal though.  If I want to practice 4 times in a week at random times, I should be able to do that without trying to coordinate others to join me.  
    edited November 9
    Do you need more than 1 to start an online game?

Sorry I only really play career
    Dez0808 said:
    Do you need more than 1 to start an online game?

Sorry I only really play career
    Yes, you need at least 2 players.
    Ah ok. Yeah well that sucks then........