Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Can't reach gear 7 & 8 using T300RS

CodiesBlogBotCodiesBlogBot Member, Codemasters, Drivers admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: T300 drives like a pad F1 2018 (PC).

I am the Codies Blog bot, bringing you all the latest news from www.codiesblog.com. I am not human.

Comments

• harrie98764422harrie98764422 Member New Car Smell
    I just bought the game and have T300 playseat and T300RS steering wheel but when im racing i cant reach gear 7 and 8. I saw that it had to be fixed in 1.05 and the newest version is 1.14 and i still have problems it sticks to gear 6 when im racing whit the wheel but when i use my controller i can reach 7 and 8. Does anybody know why i have this and how can i fix it. I want real racing!!!
  • HooHoo Member, Codemasters admin
    Hi. The issue described was different to that reported previously, so I've moved it to a new thread.
  • kraM1tkraM1t Member Co-Driver
    Your accelerator probably isn't calibrated and reaching 100%
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    Check in the wheel settings , the last 3 bars should show in input of
    Steering 
    Accelerator
    Brake
    If when pressing the accelerator down the bar doesnt register 100% then you will need to adjust the saturation
    Test
    Repeat

• steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    kraM1t said:
    Steering 
    Accelerator
    Brake
    If when pressing the accelerator down the bar doesnt register 100% then you will need to adjust the saturation
    Test
    Repeat

Sounds like an upshift issue, nothing to do with the accelerator.

kraM1t said:
    Steering 
    Accelerator
    Brake
    Test
    Repeat

That all depends,  if its auto gears then it could be that the accelerator isnt hitting 100% therefore the car wouldn't reach a speed that needs 7th or 8th gear. If its manual gears then it's a compete mystery  the gear paddle works because its shifting up to 6th normality
    kraM1t said:
    Steering 
    Accelerator
    Brake
    Test
    Repeat

That all depends,  if its auto gears then it could be that the accelerator isnt hitting 100% therefore the car wouldn't reach a speed that needs 7th or 8th gear. If its manual gears then it's a compete mystery  the gear paddle works because its shifting up to 6th normality
    Some people have had missed shifts with the T300. It's equally likely to be a game bug.

Stevie jaay69 said:
    kraM1t said:
    Steering 
    Accelerator
    Brake
    Test
    Repeat

Some people have had missed shifts with the T300. It's equally likely to be a game bug.
    A miss shift is one thing but not being able to shift past 6 is not a 'miss'  and for the record i have had zero issues with my t300rs on f1 2018. Im sticking to my saturation theory 
    Stevie jaay69 said:
    kraM1t said:
    Steering 
    Accelerator
    Brake
    Test
    Repeat

A miss shift is one thing but not being able to shift past 6 is not a 'miss'  and for the record i have had zero issues with my t300rs on f1 2018. Im sticking to my saturation theory 
    I had issues, as did plenty of others. Not saying you're wrong at all, just saying that it's not necessarily a saturation issue. Pedals that don't give 100% the issue can very often be potentiometers. But the OP doesn't really give sufficient information or describe the symptom accurately enough.