Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Engine sounds/bouncing off limiter

On Xbox. since patch 1.14 the engine sounds are awful, and it sounds as though the revs are constantly bouncing off the limiter. Its causing me to be 2-3 seconds a lap slower on whatever game mode I choose. For example losing 2 seconds on the back straight at Canada to my personal best in time trial mode! I can’t complete any of the practice programmes as a result even though I’ve significantly lowered the difficulty. 

Comments

• Hades1275Hades1275 Member New Car Smell
    On Xbox. since patch 1.14 the engine sounds are awful, and it sounds as though the revs are constantly bouncing off the limiter. Its causing me to be 2-3 seconds a lap slower on whatever game mode I choose. For example losing 2 seconds on the back straight at Canada to my personal best in time trial mode! I can’t complete any of the practice programmes as a result even though I’ve significantly lowered the difficulty. 
    How odd? I haven't tested the recent patch that was available yet on PS4 1.14 due to outside commitments so I'm not sure if this an exclusive bug in the Xbox version.

Are you getting wheel spin in traction zones? That will lose you speed down the straight. What ERS mode are you using? Losing 2 seconds on the back straight alone is a bit excessive. Are your tyres fine or are you on slower tyres? You do know that Time Trial has no tyre wear don't you? Which is why players gain a lot of lap time from the track in this mode, which they sometimes if not always can't replicate in all other modes due to environmental factors (cloud cover, track temperature etc. and also car factors too like tyre wear and fuel. The only other reason I can see being 2-3 seconds slower all of a sudden would be if you're short shifting, are you dulling the revs too much to stop it sounding like it's hitting the rev limiter, it does sound like an audio bug than anything else.
  • SamDavis1988SamDavis1988 Member New Car Smell
    edited November 8
    No it’s evident in all modes. I’m losing time actually ontime trial mode (so ers mode/tyre wear isn’t a factor). I initially noticed it was actually slowing (and not just an audio bug) me down as the ai were just flying past me on the straights on career mode all of a sudden