Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Virtual Mirror

Codies can we please get a virtual mirror?! In order to see the mirrors in cockpit cam you have to make the fov so wide it is hard to play. This just seems like a no brainer

Comments

• moogleslammoogleslam Member Race Steward
    A virtual mirror would be great, and it's probably in my top 5 requests, but NEVER change your FOV just to get your mirrors on the screen; they're definitely not more important than the correct FOV.  Just use this calculator, and never change it.
    Fun, fair, and clean racing for all skill levels!
  • OlDirtyBryceOlDirtyBryce Member New Car Smell
    trying to get used to my calculated fov. I just feel like I cant see far enough down the road. especially turns like t1 at china. driving does feel more natural though 
  • AScottAScott Member New Car Smell
    Pause menu - preferences - controls, vibration & force feedback - control & calibration schemes,
    highlight your chosen controller type, options - edit,
    under control scheme scroll down, theirs options to map buttons for look left & look right, which you will be able to use to see the side mirrors, without having to use a wide FOV. 
  • KrazyKlutt1KrazyKlutt1 Member New Car Smell
    Those buttons needs to be mapped with other essential stuff
    Seeing other cars is essential, unless your a "league driver" then I guess NOT.

dont forget to slap that tab below to show your disapproval ;) 
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    edited November 9
    ...Why do we need a new thread every month about this...?

I mean here are the results the search function gives me.

• DaveDave12345DaveDave12345 Member New Car Smell
    AScott said:
    Pause menu - preferences - controls, vibration & force feedback - control & calibration schemes,
    highlight your chosen controller type, options - edit,
    under control scheme scroll down, theirs options to map buttons for look left & look right, which you will be able to use to see the side mirrors, without having to use a wide FOV. 
    This is what I do.

Hilarious isn't it. Wheel players telling Pad players to get a wheel for simulation, and then asking for a virtual mirror, rather than putting in the effort to use the controls to use the mirrors available. Clowns.

Hey wheel players, maybe buy another 2 TVs so you can run 3 screen. You wanted Simulation, and pad players have to apparently shell out for the simulation experience :D  

AScott said:

There are limits to the amount of buttons on a wheel stupid 
    AScott said:

Really ? I thought thier was infinite buttons, when you ran out more just magically appeared,
    thankyou for stating the obvious, stupid
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

Really ? I thought thier was infinite buttons, when you ran out more just magically appeared,
    I apparently need to state the obvious for stupid people like you who writes an useless post about button mapping. And judging by your last remark you ran out of arguments for your useless mapping post. 🤯🔫
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

I apparently need to state the obvious for stupid people like you who writes an useless post about button mapping. And judging by your last remark you ran out of arguments for your useless mapping post. 🤯🔫
    I think you state the obvious so you can understand & justify your useless post.
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

If you took the time to read posts you would of noticed this,

In order to see the mirrors in cockpit cam you have to make the fov so wide it is hard to play,

a helpful post would be pointing out where to map buttons for example,
    none helpful post would be what ever doo doo your whining about, thier only X amount of buttons on a wheel or pad REALLY aha
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

In order to see the mirrors in cockpit cam you have to make the fov so wide it is hard to play,

none helpful post would be what ever doo doo your whining about, thier only X amount of buttons on a wheel or pad REALLY aha
    Neither fov adjustments nor mapping buttons is useful tips as the head rest on some cars are in the way of the mirrors even with wider fov. And there aren't enough buttons to map either. So do yourself a favour and stay away from threads that you have no clue about. 
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

I think you state the obvious so you can understand & justify your useless post.
    "Stupid ", "obvious ", "useless ". Your replies are echoes of mine, mirroring my words is a mirror of your inability to think. 🤯🔫
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

Neither fov adjustments nor mapping buttons is useful tips as the head rest on some cars are in the way of the mirrors even with wider fov. And there aren't enough buttons to map either. So do yourself a favour and stay away from threads that you have no clue about. 
    I dont know how to explain in a way that you would understand,
    so ill just say this, WRONG WRONG WRONG,
    no clue ? post a pic of the head rest blocking the mirrors, ive no idea how you drive but it doesnt good.
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

no clue ? post a pic of the head rest blocking the mirrors, ive no idea how you drive but it doesnt good.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr3fe7xalzvx4y4/headrest.png?dl=0

PS I believe you need to see a doctor, you seem to have severe brain damage, you know cleaning your ears with a spoon isn't a harmless hobby.
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

PS I believe you need to see a doctor, you seem to have severe brain damage, you know cleaning your ears with a spoon isn't a harmless hobby.
    You set your FOV up like that, and tell me I have issues, 
    no wonder you has so many issues with the game.
    edited November 10
    My FOV  is adjusted and calibrated according to my viewing distance stupid. 
    You asked for proof,  I presented that. You are nothing but fool and a fraud.

You said the head rest blocking was FALSE, you were WRONG. 

And a troll , bringing up that I have other issues because of FOV, which is completely irrelevant,  but I guess you can't even grasp that. 

I you try to bait me telling me that my driving is bad , based on nothing. I'm doing Grand Prix at 105-108 competitive,  that's fine by me. But I guess you will reply "105, lol, I'm driving maxed out at 110 with a Sauber , winning every race"

F tool. 

Bye
    Post edited by KrazyKlutt1 on
  • BluntRSBluntRS Member Unleaded
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

You call that FOV, thats more like BSV :D 
    BluntRS said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:
    AScott said:

You call that FOV, thats more like BSV :D 
    It's 0.30 BluntHead! Do the f math! https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/ 
    Single screen, 16:9, 27", 30 cm = 0.30 F1 2016/2017

I exposed him for the hypocrite that he is.
This discussion has been closed.