Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Regulation changes

So......

I am almost at the end of season 4....and I have a 3 department Regulation change....

Engine.....Durability....and Chassis.

Now my question is......If I save the "Ultimate" upgrades on these.....do all the ones before the ultimate get saved OR do I have to save them all?

And does it mean that if I save none of these....my car will go back to the way it was at the start of the game?

I don't really understand this part of the game so any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• HyperactiveDJ91HyperactiveDJ91 Member Pit Crew
    You will have to save all.

Body is 14 characters too short.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

So......

I am almost at the end of season 4....and I have a 3 department Regulation change....

Engine.....Durability....and Chassis.

Now my question is......If I save the "Ultimate" upgrades on these.....do all the ones before the ultimate get saved OR do I have to save them all?

And does it mean that if I save none of these....my car will go back to the way it was at the start of the game?

I don't really understand this part of the game so any help will be appreciated.

you have to save each component individually. The best advice I think would be use whatever points you have to save the most expensive ones. I'm not that far yet as I've not faced a reg change yet as I'm only half way through my first season but that is my plan for when I do get there. I may change that plan later if I find or discover a better way of dealing with it but that's my plan atm. Thankfully one good thing about F12018 is the fact you can earn points quicker which I think helps balance things

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    I ended up with aero and chassis changes at end of season 3 (I had maxed both out). I had finished durability during S3 and from the Singapore race I was able to save enough points to cover the upgrade evolutions. You can purchase them in any order, it never said when I purchases an ultimate upgrade that I would lose it if the rest of the path wasn't also purchased, so use whatever points you have on the most expensive parts first 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    Has anyone else had the reg changes specifically targeted to what dept you are maxed out on?? 
  • SmoothstudSmoothstud Member New Car Smell
    FRACTURED said:
    I ended up with aero and chassis changes at end of season 3 (I had maxed both out). I had finished durability during S3 and from the Singapore race I was able to save enough points to cover the upgrade evolutions. You can purchase them in any order, it never said when I purchases an ultimate upgrade that I would lose it if the rest of the path wasn't also purchased, so use whatever points you have on the most expensive parts first 

I was going to try that, but I'm worried if I just updated the Ultimate and didn't save the rest of the row....then the Ultimate I saved would be obsolete.

I know I can save them all as I have done that before....but I was just wondering if I NEEDED to in order to save the whole row.

I guess time will tell as I am going to test it out by just saving the Ultimate parts and leaving the rest to the regulation changes and see what happens.

I'm with HAAS so my car will probably go so far back ill get lapped on the 1st lap next season

• TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    FRACTURED said:

I was going to try that, but I'm worried if I just updated the Ultimate and didn't save the rest of the row....then the Ultimate I saved would be obsolete.

I know I can save them all as I have done that before....but I was just wondering if I NEEDED to in order to save the whole row.

I guess time will tell as I am going to test it out by just saving the Ultimate parts and leaving the rest to the regulation changes and see what happens.

I'm with HAAS so my car will probably go so far back ill get lapped on the 1st lap next season

Please can you provide an update when you get to start of new season? I've just got to Singapore and am awaiting end of race weekend to find out if I will have any reg changes - I have 1 ultimate development done on my engine so will have same dilemma.
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Has anyone else had the reg changes specifically targeted to what dept you are maxed out on?? 
    Just this season. First season was durability which didn't affect me. 2nd season no changes, this seasons aero/chassis. I had more than enough points to cover everything though. 
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • CaptainAustCaptainAust Member Petrol Head
    I think there should be a time limit whereby after that parts are 'ratified' .. Say in season 2 you spent it upgrading the power unit, if there hasnt been a power unit reg change after a full season (so end if 2 and 3) then a power unit reg change happens at the end of season 4 then you should only have to pay to protect the major upgrades,  after 2 seasons all the minor upgrades should be 'ratified' and therefore not need protecting
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    Agree with you @CaptainAust , plus it would make it harder to max out development parts as quick. 

• SmoothstudSmoothstud Member New Car Smell
    Please can you provide an update when you get to start of new season? I've just got to Singapore and am awaiting end of race weekend to find out if I will have any reg changes - I have 1 ultimate development done on my engine so will have same dilemma.
    Yes I will provide an update when I am done....I have 7 weeks races left so it might be a little time before that happens though.