Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Opponents on grass/gravel etc

Anyone else seen that at times opponents go the same speed on the grass/gravel etc as on the track?  When i go anywhere near those parts of the track my car grinds to a crawl.  How come they don't?

Comments

• ZykloZyklo Member New Car Smell
    Maybe it´s bad mapping or something rather them going off track and not slowing down.
  • willofwestwillofwest Member New Car Smell
    I can agree with TH61, the cars are way off track and don’t lose momentum. As soon as I go off track, lose soeed and places. This should be fixed. Thanks 
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    edited November 10
    I'm an idiot.                                 
    Post edited by UP100 on
  • TH61TH61 Member New Car Smell
    UP100 said:
    You only lose momentum if you're running some specific assists. Turn those off and you can go as fast as you can on grass and other surfaces.
    Well if thats true it really needs to be changed.  Otherwise why bother putting things like corners if you can just totally ignore them
    edited November 10
    TH61 said:
    UP100 said:
    You only lose momentum if you're running some specific assists. Turn those off and you can go as fast as you can on grass and other surfaces.
    Well if thats true it really needs to be changed.  Otherwise why bother putting things like corners if you can just totally ignore them
    You'll spin?
    So what are the specific assists ???? . And going onto grass SHOULD cause a spin or degradation in speed ..... it does not equal what you would expect to happen. 
    So what are the specific assists ???? . And going onto grass SHOULD cause a spin or degradation in speed ..... it does not equal what you would expect to happen. 
    It's confusing how you'll keep asking questions after the fact I literally removed the reply and changed it to "I am an idiot".
    I did not read your response which had the assists listed in it , I read after you change to the idiot line......