Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Career mode with classic cars?

PerroelsPerroels Member New Car Smell
Hello! F1 2018 is amazing! 
This question might have been up before but I cant find any topic, so give me a link if its possible. 

I would like to have a career mode with classic F1 cars. Thats the only thing i feel is "missing". 

I enjoy the invitations, event, (which I discovered today!), and the career mode as it is, but... the sound... is the "killer". 

I guess the sound could be the only thing I actually am missing. But it would be absolutely amazing if I could have legends as teammate. The Schumaker duo, Coulthard , Hakkinen and you know better than me all the names. 

I know it would require alot of coding, but it would make the game even better. 

Think outside the box.. the Co2 global warming scam robbed us from the classic sound, but a game is a place the global scam cant touch anything. Just the imagination. 

I hope to see a classic screaming V10 career mode! Create a poll inside the game and see how many would like to have the option. 
Post edited by Perroels on

Best Answer

Answers

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Perroels said:
    Hello! F1 2018 is amazing! 
    This question might have been up before but I cant find any topic, so give me a link if its possible. 

I would like to have a career mode with classic F1 cars. Thats the only thing i feel is "missing". 

I enjoy the invitations, event, (which I discovered today!), and the career mode as it is, but... the sound... is the "killer". 

I guess the sound could be the only thing I actually am missing. But it would be absolutely amazing if I could have legends as teammate. The Schumaker duo, Coulthard , Hakkinen and you know better than me all the names. 

I know it would require alot of coding, but it would make the game even better. 

Think outside the box.. the Co2 global warming scam robbed us from the classic sound, but a game is a place the global scam cant touch anything. Just the imagination. 

I hope to see a classic screaming V10 career mode! Create a poll inside the game and see how many would like to have the option. 
    It's not just putting them in though they'd have to pay for the right to use those names as they're not licensed. CM have to balance whether they can make the extra profit to offset the extra work.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• coolieboycoolieboy Member, Drivers Race Engineer
    As much as I'd love this, the reality is we will never see it.  Just create a season with the classic cars, single class.  I'm doing a season right now in the Ferrari 412T.  I've dialled in the difficulty so that I'm competing against my 2 other teammates. Having a blast with that mode.  I haven't played career mode as yet so can't really comment but I guess it would be quite difficult as how would you incorporate upgrading your car?

Best case...maybe more classic cars or tracks as DLC.  I would like to see a car from 94 and 95 along with Imola, Adelaide, Estoril...

i would really like if CM would allow us to pick individual cars rather than giving us tiers tough. 
  • PerroelsPerroels Member New Car Smell
    edited November 9
    I thought about the cost may be high, but still would be awesome is what I said. Dont need the big names, but the sound would be enough for me. I'm just throwing out some ideas I think would be cool. 

I think the noise is 50% of the experience of F1, and the new cars sounds boring... 

I think it could be easier than you might think, because all they have to change is to something they've allready have made. Maybe not for all the cars but its easy when they are halfway there.

I have tried some time trials with classic, but the career mode have the strategic part with contracts, upgrades and wearing, interviews and the practice programs. It is a really nice feature and I love it all except the car sound really.