Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

A Few Graphical Issues

Cloister56Cloister56 Member New Car Smell
Description:

I am not sure when this graphical issue occurred as I didn't notice it in my previous 2 seasons but it might not show up on the white Williams.
I've captured a video in light rain but the issue actually starts before the rain begins. (Giving you warning that rain is coming)
On the hood of the car you see dark streak flying by.
On the halo you get white flickering in line with these streaks.
On the rear wing again the same streaks on the hood can be seen flying by.

Platform:
PC - Steam version build Nov 9 2018, 1541819448
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X99 onboard sound in use. Uptodate with Bios version
Realtek audio drivers updated to latest (Microsoft signed 11/4/18, Ver 10.0.17134.1)
GeForce GTX 1080Ti (drivers 416.94) G-Sync enabled.
Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz
32MB Ram
Kingston SHSS37A 480G SSD
ASUS ROQ PG279Q via displayport running at 2560x1440 at 144Hz.

Game:
F1 2018 Version 1.14

Game mode:
All modes

Lead up to problem:
Occurs when weather is changing. Problems occur a few laps before rain begins.

Error:
No error message

Accessories:
Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

I have tried:
Verifying integrity of game files

Video from GP mode (light rain) to demonstrate.

https://youtu.be/LGokkCk9mEM

Comments

• Cloister56Cloister56 Member New Car Smell
    @Qrazzo I've had a look at the screenshots and from the descriptions they don't seem to be the same issues.
    The problems on the thread you link mostly seem to be at the edges of objects and seem to be improved with DX12.

The graphical issues I've been having seem to be related to the weather.
    As I've said they seem to occur before it starts raining with these streaks flying across the front of the car and over the rear wing. They don't occur during dry weather.
    edited December 1
    I've uploaded a video that I hope is clearer.
    The streaks appear a little way into the video. They seem to exist in a view modes and the halo shows it very clearly in T-Cam view.
    Also interestingly in the replay version the streaks do not appear for the same section.

https://youtu.be/2I4etSf6yLc 

Post edited by Cloister56 on
  • FayaFaya Member admin
    edited November 30

Hi @Cloister56,

Thanks for the updated video! We might have a possible fix for this in the current DX12 beta. Would you be interested in trying it out and seeing if it has any affect?

edited December 1
    Faya said:

Hi @Cloister56,

Thanks for the updated video! We might have a possible fix for this in the current DX12 beta. Would you be interested in trying it out and seeing if it has any affect?

Hello thanks for the reply,

Sadly no improvement on the DX12 beta. I've uploaded 2 more videos both in DX12 one I tried ferrari and bahrain but the same result. You don't seem to get the white flickering on the halo in the Ferrari but you still get the streaks flying by. 
    I suppose they could be big streaks of rain that are flying above the car but they distort the halo which seems strange and they don't appear on the replay version. On the McLaren it's the white flickering of the halo that most makes me think they are not intended.

(McLaren DX12 Australia)

(Ferrari DX12 China)

• FayaFaya Member admin

Thanks for the update, @Cloister56.  I’ve sent all of this back to the team for further investigation.

@Faya thank you. Just a further update, no difference in 1.15