Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Abu Dabby Grand Prix

MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
Last race of the season everyone, and it's at one of the most boring tracks on the calendar!

I completely understand why F1 chooses Abu Dhabi to be the last race of the year because of the spectacle and the glamour of Abu Dhabi, but in terms of the racing, it would be so much better to have it somewhere like Brazil or the USA in my view.

Bet Hamilton is gonna win again zzzzz
MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating

Comments

• JiggyJiggy Member Petrol Head
    This track is more fun in the games than in real life.

This is the 8th year in succession that I have said that.
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Abu Dhabi is one of the races I love. Not because it's exciting (as I don't care about racing that much). I hate Brazil just because it's nothing more than green with some asphalt and grandstands. Don't ask. I don't know either.
  • GoldenColtGoldenColt Member Champion
    I can see Mercedes bolting in a new engine with 2018 parts in Lewis's car and make this entire weekend an extended testing session for 2019, even if it means having him start from the back of the grid. At least that could spice up the race somewhat. Other than that, I completely agree with Kimi's first comment on the Abu Dhabi circuit back in 2009.
  • LukedfrtLukedfrt Member Petrol Head
    I shall be uncontrollably sobbing for the whole race.. As it's Alonso's goodbye :cry:
    BCFC - KEEP RIGHT ON!!! 
    The best ever - Alonso #14
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    And the halo fears come true. We need this answered from the FIA, we've never had an answer about this situation.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    I asked that on Twitter. If that car burst into flames would he have been able to get out upside down.
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    I was so confused because Charlie Whiting said after the race that the halo did not restrict Hulkenberg in any way, and he would have been able to get out, but he stayed in the car as the drivers have been instructed it's safer for the car to be rolled over and then get out once it's on its wheels.

However, Hulkenberg's radio message saying 'Get me out, there's a fire, there's a fire' doesn't suggest that... He sounded genuinely fearful in his voice, and surely he would've got out once he saw the fire. I think Charlie Whiting's comment isn't quite right...

But anyway, I still think the that having the halo is a good thing, because the chances of a car rolling and catching fire is so slim these days. We've seen how the halo has potentially saved a couple of drivers from injury this year too (Leclerc at Spa, Formula 2 in Barcelona), so it's definitely better to have it there just in case.
    MBKF1 | Community Moderator | Please be aware that I don't do much actual moderating
  • MBKF1MBKF1 Member Moderator
    Also, did anyone else get a bit emotional when Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso drove round in formation at the end? I thought that was so so nice. It was like the three of them were all recognising that they have been the 3 top drivers for a generation. They all respect each other the most, and that was their way of showing that. Absolutely loved that.
  • fIsince08fIsince08 Member Moderator
    MBKF1 said: 
    Also, did anyone else get a bit emotional when Hamilton, Vettel and Alonso drove round in formation at the end? I thought that was so so nice. It was like the three of them were all recognising that they have been the 3 top drivers for a generation. They all respect each other the most, and that was their way of showing that. Absolutely loved that.
    I think Kimi would have joined them as well as he is the other world champion. Would've been great to see.

I am not a Codemasters employee.

#RIPJules

---->Forum Rules<----   ---->Forum FAQ<----

• HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    edited November 29
    Nah Kimi would have went to find the nearest bar like a true champion.