Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Implement cars f2 and f3 in f1 2019

Would not it be a nice idea to insert the cars f2 and f3 in the next F1?

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    Remove classics to make the space for it then for 2020 they can add it back as a new feature  ;)
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • driveroz247driveroz247 Member New Car Smell
    F1 2019 should be about getting the basics right.

The bigger the game size, the more room for error.

Make the game 10gb in size, focus on championship mode, career mode and single race mode only. Forget about focusing on the other gimmicky race modes and classic cars etc,  that hardly anyone plays with. Reduce size of game to get the little things right.

If a smaller game size with just 3 or 4 race modes gets everything right, after that add a dlc or two to increase the game size, with classic cars and classic tracks and F2 etc, but only after everything else in the basic downsized game version is working 100% as it should be.

A smaller game with less gameplay modes that works as it should be is far more preferable than a 50Gb+ sized game with tonnes of bugs,  errors and issues.

TLDR: Get the basics right first and make sure it is bug free before expanding the game any further.
  • McSilencerMcSilencer Member New Car Smell
    RakiBwoah said:
    Would not it be a nice idea to insert the cars f2 and f3 in the next F1?
    Absolutely not a good idea, the game is called F1 and not F2 or F3. But fortunately Codemaster would never implement this in F1.
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    Well it would basically be GRID Autosport's open wheel classes except with much more work for the team as they have to look as official as possible.
  • Barrikada71Barrikada71 Member Unleaded
    If Bugmasters does not know how to make a game with a category, with three categories it would be a disaster.
    If Bugmasters does not know how to make a game with a category, with three categories it would be a disaster.
    Well GRID games had like a million categories. 2 of them seem fine and Autosport is getting a Switch release soon.
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member New Car Smell
    Honestly it would be no harder than programing the classic cars! They even have multi-class races and championships...so essentially they could take a couple of the classic cars and change the body to match the f3 and f2 cars or design their own fantasy lower tiers to replicate it and maybe avoid a licensing and do like a MLB Road to the Majors type career progression...they could even keep the career mode structure the same, have the same base settings like the data center, paddock, and even the gargage and just change the teams logos and color to reflect the lower tiers and maybe restrict the R&D to the extent of their real life counter parts...and then over time if they felt ambitious they could design different locations for each series like in real life...then in a perfect world you could have some sort of traveling between the different paddocks when the different series share the same race weekends and interact with other teams and try to maybe build up a relationship with another team and become like a Ferrari Academy driver or get into the Red Bull program etc. and use them to help you rise through the ranks based on meeting certain performance criteria. Or just try to do it yourself and negotiate with another team and have them set their own performance criteria...then that could even be expanded to where your say in F2 and Ferrari want to make you their test/backup driver you sign some sort of contract or something then you could do like FP1s and stuff like that (this could even be implemented like the classic events but instead of being in between races all the time it may be in between sessions if both series are at the same track at the same time) assuming again you met certain driving criteria like the FIA Super licenses... experience points or something could be awarded for completing different goals or programs in the practice sessions (you could even just do the actual practice programs from the stock career mode for the driver whose car your driving)...then maybe use experience points as a type of currency to negotiate with in contract discussions or even say you have to have x number of exp to open negotiations with a certain team.

The possibilities are endless but honestly I'd just like a revamped ai and a single F1 career mode where you can interact with your teamate and look at each other's data and share setups if you have that kind of relationship and to have an engineer who actually helps you and helps you learn how to setup your car!
  • ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    I can't imagine legal issues here as (I could be wrong) but aren't these all under the same regulating body? So if they wanted to they could effectively say yes to it, starting in F3, making your way to F2 and then the big time F1! A lot of racing games do have the road to journey so it would be amazing! As long as they had it so you could still do the 10 years career in F1 however long it takes to achieve a position in lower leagues to get a promoted formula seat. I even enjoyed F1 2006 where you had to prove yourself in a test for a team, I don't thing it should be mandatory as many play games for different reasons and not everyone has the time to go through such intensive tryouts etc. But as an optional career mode I would love to start out in a lower formula and make my way up.
    But then how popular are the lower formulas to do this? One thing that really saddens me is that as a regular TV viewer (don't have Sky, Virgin or BT etc) I only come across the odd highlight by pure chance, never the race live. I like the idea of seeing a career in real time unfold, like listening to how well Mick Schumacher is doing (I only hear this so often thanks to the name Michael made for himself so it gets good publicity). To see him jump into F1 in the future having seen his history in racing previously is magic! For most in F1 I only ever hear of them once they are in F1! Otherwise its having to dig into the wide web where you normally get 10 year old news or something completely irrelevent to the topic you search for.. We could do with the full experience!
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    UP100 said:
    Well GRID games had like a million categories. 2 of them seem fine and Autosport is getting a Switch release soon.
    Codemasters aren't making that though, Feral are, based on their iOS version.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    I guess you haven't seen this yet:

UP100 said:
    Codemasters aren't making that though, Feral are, based on their iOS version.
    Well I was just advertising that GRID is still alive. Codies have confirmed that Feral is making it.
  • marosimarkmarosimark Member Wheel Nut
    edited December 3
    Until it will be called F1 20XX, it won't include any other series, and imho it's how it should be. Concentrate on the main part of the game, and don't give them unnecessary reasons to mess it up.
  • bassserbassser Member Wheel Nut
    Until it will be called F1 20XX, it won't include any other series, and imho it's how it should be. Concentrate on the main part of the game, and don't give them unnecessary reasons to mess it up.
    There will be F2 coming to the game. The question is how, as a DLC, in the 2019 game or in the 2020 game. But all the code for F2 and all the features are already in the code, That might also be the reason why F1 2018 is so bad at the moment, as they are just focusing on an even better game. And furthermore, also in the MotoGP game, you can race Moto2, Moto3 and the Red Bull Rookies Cup, and it's still called MotoGP. So the naming shouldn't be the issue at the F1 game, they can still release it as F1 20XX also when the feeder series will be in.
    F1 2017 Beta Tester | League Racer | Thrustmaster T500 RS | PC | F1 Gaming since F1 97
    bassser said:
    There will be F2 coming to the game. The question is how, as a DLC, in the 2019 game or in the 2020 game. But all the code for F2 and all the features are already in the code, That might also be the reason why F1 2018 is so bad at the moment, as they are just focusing on an even better game. And furthermore, also in the MotoGP game, you can race Moto2, Moto3 and the Red Bull Rookies Cup, and it's still called MotoGP. So the naming shouldn't be the issue at the F1 game, they can still release it as F1 20XX also when the feeder series will be in.
    I don't think anyone has ever found solid proof of this.

• mantazzomantazzo Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    UP100 said:
    bassser said:

There's no SOLID proof, as you say, and I agree, everything found out up until this date is basically speculations, but ironicaly various small things (in the game code in earlier versions plus in the game files) do point out to the "F1 2019 Features Placeholder" or however that was actually called. Then again, it was a placeholder, so things may change.
    [LTU] Mantaz - mantazzo - Mantas
    F1 2016 - F1 2017 Beta Tester [PC]
    "First rule of Beta club is no talking about Beta club." - Faya, 2018

• bassserbassser Member Wheel Nut
    UP100 said:
    bassser said:

there are actually filepaths with "assett_groups/f2_2019_vehicle_package" prepared. And if you know the file structure system of the game, this is where most of the car files are located. Furthermore there are localisation files and also .bk2 files (the files that animate the drivers in the driver selection) for all 2018 F2 drivers. Furthermore we have all the interview text ready, talking about "F2 rivaleries continuing now in F1" and stuff like that. It's quite obvious THAT it will come, the questions are only HOW and WHEN it will come.
    F1 2017 Beta Tester | League Racer | Thrustmaster T500 RS | PC | F1 Gaming since F1 97
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    Personally I would like to see Codies release the F2 feeder series into a F1 2019 dlc for the current game.  That way they could support the current game and continue working on patches well into the new year rather than abaondon it after Christmas and then sell us another disc 2/3 into next years season.
    If it’s DLC then surely they could release it early and we’d all get a game that has more mileage if it came along around the start of the next F1 season, but like I said more importantly it would mean a lot more time for them to work on patches that they’ve perhaps been a bit too hasty to rush out up until now. 

The only thing that could go against this idea is Codies might not want to miss the sales of a entirely new title vs the sales of a dlc for those that brought the current game. 
    Guess we’ll see :)
  • Ho3n3rHo3n3r Member Race Steward
    UP100 said:
    bassser said:

Just watch the video I posted above. If that's not solid proof, then you misunderstand English.
    Ho3n3r said:
    UP100 said:
    bassser said:

Just watch the video I posted above. If that's not solid proof, then you misunderstand English.
    The 25 minute video by a mediocre youtuber which credited a person that himself said there is no solid proof...