Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Update

In the description of the update it says this 
CHEATERS? We’re watching you! In this update we have improved our Safety rating to isolate aggressive racers, and we will now also penalise players who are cutting corners. Play fair, race fair!
How are aggressive racers isolated?  Be interesting to know
I know the cutting corners thing works because i was forced over a corner and the power cuts out!

And talking of aggressive drivers, have you turned the aggression level on the bot drivers up to 11???  Im getting wiped out so many times by those B·&·"!)&s

Comments

• DruidpromoDruidpromo Member New Car Smell
    TH61 The game is so much more enjoyable now, Was getting whipped by players taking the mick by cutting corners and being aggressive, 5 races now and haven't come across a single one. So much more fun when you racing cleanly.
  • DragmanBLRDragmanBLR Member New Car Smell
    The AI has remained the same aggressive, flies into you from behind at full speed, if you slowed down a bit and pushed in corners, as if you were not around. Personally, I suffered much more often from inadequate AI than from aggressive players.
  • itsfullofstarsitsfullofstars Member New Car Smell
    I agree with the AI aggression level — getting smashed into from behind, into corners, even on straights they just turn right into you sometimes. Worse than when a-holes tried to wreck you before the update. It also seems bots now have much, much faster cars than anyone now. Getting smashed into from behind halfway through the esses at Silverstone so badly is nearly impossible at 180+mph, but it’s happened. 

How does the game determine who ran into who for assessing penalties?
    How would we know who got penalized, and how much?
    Do the bots count against us as far as this mysterious hidden “safety” level? If so, we’re all doomed to be forever matched with a-holes who just want a wreckfest, because everything has become one lately; I have stayed away from everything/one and it still happens.

Only thing I like so far is the corner cut slowdown and that the Monaco rolling start is fixed...
  • ZykloZyklo Member New Car Smell
    Corner cutting is good solution for cheaters. I had it too, but i was forced off the track by AI.
    But those AI are very aggressive. As other said, they have faster cars and are smashing to us from behind. I can’t brake bit earlier for good exit when AI is behind. And they fight against each other creating crashes. This is now the only bad thing. Thumbs up for the update.
    edited November 25
    After dozens of grid/sprint races, I can definitively say it’s the red Sebastian Vettel Ferrari that’s completely out of control. I’m NOT kidding. 

Every. Single. Time.

Runs up from behind on the inside of an upcoming corner, shoves you off track.

Causes other bots to wreck, seen it happen several times right in front of me. 

Always faster than anyone/anything else; you can’t get away from it. 

DoubleU Tee Eff!? Someone at Codemasters hate Lewis H. that much? Programming in some kind of Vettel Revenge Mode? <^D
  • LavoroLavoro Member New Car Smell
    Zyklo said:
    Corner cutting is good solution for cheaters. I had it too, but i was forced off the track by AI.
    But those AI are very aggressive. As other said, they have faster cars and are smashing to us from behind. I can’t brake bit earlier for good exit when AI is behind. And they fight against each other creating crashes. This is now the only bad thing. Thumbs up for the update.
    I agree, the update was very good, the only problem now are some AI cars, too much aggressive.
  • TH61TH61 Member New Car Smell
    After dozens of grid/sprint races, I can definitively say it’s the red Sebastian Vettel Ferrari that’s completely out of control. I’m NOT kidding. 

Every. Single. Time.

Runs up from behind on the inside of an upcoming corner, shoves you off track.

Causes other bots to wreck, seen it happen several times right in front of me. 

Always faster than anyone/anything else; you can’t get away from it. 

DoubleU Tee Eff!? Someone at Codemasters hate Lewis H. that much? Programming in some kind of Vettel Revenge Mode? <^D
    Have to agree with the Vettel AI and the Raikonnen one is a bit heavy handed too

But I cant see how the aggressive drivers are being isolated.  When it goes into ghost mode its much better, but even then you can still see idiots who try to take you out!  (which is funny) Plus just had 3 rolling starts which have not been in ghost mode and they have taken me out each time.  How do we know what's happening?
    edited November 27
    TH61 said:

Have to agree with the Vettel AI and the Raikonnen one is a bit heavy handed too

But I cant see how the aggressive drivers are being isolated.  When it goes into ghost mode its much better, but even then you can still see idiots who try to take you out!  (which is funny) Plus just had 3 rolling starts which have not been in ghost mode and they have taken me out each time.  How do we know what's happening?
    What ghost mode? Qualifying is the only one of the three race types that ghosts everything else. Sprint and Grid are always full contact. I’m over 5000 points, haven’t seen any changes in the modes.

Still get one out of three bozos that try to wreck me; I’ve never initiated first contact. Just no point, easier to beat bad drivers if you can just stay the heck away from them. 

And yeah, Kimi ain’t no picnic either....🤣
  • elimmelelimmel Member New Car Smell
    Anyone go into slow motion during a race? All of a sudden, cars start passing and flying over in the air. 
    Before you know it, you’re 10-20sec behind your opponent. 
    Happens in sprint and grid. 
    is it part of the penalty imposed? Didn’t even cut corners or whack my opponent. 
    Most of the time it’s me getting whack by AI. Yes especially Kimi
    costing me hundreds of points. 
    elimmel said:
    Anyone go into slow motion during a race? All of a sudden, cars start passing and flying over in the air. 
    is it part of the penalty imposed? Didn’t even cut corners or whack my opponent. 
    the same friezes, slowdowns, sometimes it seems that bots have a task to destroy you, cars fly through the air. Sometimes the game hangs when loading and you have to close it, and you lose points again.

My personal opinion is a game with bots now - this is not a duel - this is stress and this is roulette. The lucky one wins, whom the bots did not knock out, or he dodged the rubble that the bots arranged.
    Yesterday was a funny case. I fought in 8 fights with the same opponent. Thus, we had a struggle only in qualifying. In races with bots, they destroyed me or bots destroyed it
  • TH61TH61 Member New Car Smell
    elimmel said:
    My most dramatic 'event' was on the Brazil track.  Something, still don't know what, just fell straight out of the sky onto the front of my car and I got an immediate DNF
  • elimmelelimmel Member New Car Smell
    edited November 27
    Really ridiculous. I can be 2nd and opponent 12th with 10s gap. Then slo mo hits. I end up 12th and opponent comes in way ahead. 
    That said, I lose more point from crazy AIs! 
    Any developers actually read these threads?
    I had some grid starts now and it was a mess. Bots driving everywhere, smashing everyone i got pinned to a wall by bot that was passing me and just turned in to me like i was not there. They behave sometimes good in sprint race because they are separated into first corner but grid start...you are lucky not to hit the pile up.
    edited November 27
    TH61 said:
    elimmel said:
    My most dramatic 'event' was on the Brazil track.  Something, still don't know what, just fell straight out of the sky onto the front of my car and I got an immediate DNF
    It was a bot car most probably. I have seen one took off in first corner in Hungary GS and as i was driving through turn 12 in Spa i’ve seen one falling from sky to a run off area at turn 13. So bizzare 😀
    If you’re familiar with EA’s Real Racing 3, the same crazy flying cars and molasses slowdowns happened there too. It’s just related to the positional difference of the cars between your phone, the server, the competitors phone, and the latencies between them. If you notice during duels the latency in milliseconds to the server is shown on the right side. It used to have two measurements, might have been up/down or yours and the competitors, not sure which. I’d bet if it’s several hundred ms or more you’re going to have troubles like this.
  • alles32alles32 Member New Car Smell
    My experience after last update is same as before update. I am getting angry :(