Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

finally bring out patch 1.15 !!

we have no patience, finally release the patch 1.15. Repair the safety car on all platforms, fix any errors described here. It is a great impudence to collect money and bring no performance.

Comments

• ShelbyUSAShelbyUSA Member New Car Smell
    Not going to happen, bro. They are focusing on a new disaster: aka F1 2019. 
  • MicMillerMicMiller Member New Car Smell
    ShelbyUSA said:
    that would be the biggest scam since f1 2010 !!
  • SebVet5SebVet5 Member New Car Smell
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:
    It have to be .. why they always bring an F1 game in the middle of the season.. they need to release it in April when the season starts.
  • Ph1LDKPh1LDK Member New Car Smell
    ShelbyUSA said:
    Wrong. 2 days ago, a new build was released for QA test. I assume a public patch next week.
    Source? Here: https://steamdb.info/app/737800/depots/
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    Ph1LDK said:
    ShelbyUSA said:
    Wrong. 2 days ago, a new build was released for QA test. I assume a public patch next week.
    Source? Here: https://steamdb.info/app/737800/depots/

Probably a bugfix for the DX12 beta
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:
    It have to be .. why they always bring an F1 game in the middle of the season.. they need to release it in April when the season starts.
    They tried releasing it earlier in 2016. It slipped a month and lacked most of the features people wanted. Great.

They don’t even get to see the car designs until we do, let alone final sponsor liveries, engine sounds, relative performance data etc. There’s zero chance they can have a sensible game ready in April.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:
    They tried releasing it earlier in 2016. It slipped a month and lacked most of the features people wanted. Great.

They don’t even get to see the car designs until we do, let alone final sponsor liveries, engine sounds, relative performance data etc. There’s zero chance they can have a sensible game ready in April.

Yeah realistically July/August is probably the best they can do.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

and more of course.

• BluntRSBluntRS Member Unleaded
    Forget patch 15 go back to patch 1 game feels much better, you cant race online, but you cant race online now so not lose.
  • ZachrulezZachrulez Member Wheel Nut
    I've really had trouble staying interested in this year's game. It's hard to point at any one reason... it's probably a combination of many reasons. Just feels like the game gets me upset often and when things actually go right it doesn't feel all that satisfying where it did in previous releases. I don't think one patch is going to change things. I just can't help but think this year's release hedged pretty heavily on the inner carcass system and that system is just fundamentally broken. Hopefully they find a way forward but I just don't see how they're going to do that right now.
  • JonnyHoonitJonnyHoonit Member New Car Smell
    I’d rather they took a bit longer and did a thorough bug squashing than rush it and make it worse.
  • TurtlemooseTurtlemoose Member Pit Crew
    I’d rather they took a bit longer and did a thorough bug squashing than rush it and make it worse.
    They've already taken a bit longer.............
  • patronaspatronas Member Wheel Nut
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

I cant see it taking them 3 4 month to change a few small details on a car model the already have the only things that changed from last season was halo added and fins removed apart from that the were pretty much the same so not like the had to redisign the full car and next year the are going to be even easier to design with the simplified front and rear wings were the teams will have pretty much the same wings . If the was a major change in regs were the cars completly changed then yea it could take a while but not when the regs are stable and the dont change much it would be possible to release the game by the silverstone gp at latest and dont for get the is some one from all the teams working with codies to help design there car into the game why not release the game at the start of the summer shut down instead of the end of it that way people could get upto speed with the game before the season resumes but all this it takes 3 5 month to change a few details on the cars when the isnt a major reg change is bull **** in my view after all fom teams and even drivers help with the game development we dont know what data codies has access to from the teams 
  • OpassacOpassac Member New Car Smell
    edited December 5
    patronas said:
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

I cant see it taking them 3 4 month to change a few small details on a car model the already have the only things that changed from last season was halo added and fins removed apart from that the were pretty much the same so not like the had to redisign the full car and next year the are going to be even easier to design with the simplified front and rear wings were the teams will have pretty much the same wings . If the was a major change in regs were the cars completly changed then yea it could take a while but not when the regs are stable and the dont change much it would be possible to release the game by the silverstone gp at latest and dont for get the is some one from all the teams working with codies to help design there car into the game why not release the game at the start of the summer shut down instead of the end of it that way people could get upto speed with the game before the season resumes but all this it takes 3 5 month to change a few details on the cars when the isnt a major reg change is bull **** in my view after all fom teams and even drivers help with the game development we dont know what data codies has access to from the teams 
    I have no ideia, but i don't believe Codies get to see the design (or the color schemes)  of the cars before they are publicly shown to the public. Add to that the fact that nobody knows the real value of the cars before the first 3 ou 4 races and that there's always some tweaks and improvements to be made and the occasional new track(s) to do from scracth, and i really understand why it's not possible to release (a stable and faithfull version of) the game sooner...
    patronas said:
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

It has to be signed off legally by all the teams. It's about commercial image rights, lawyers don't give two cents for your game. Plus they have to wait for all clearances, just one rework could add weeks to the process. I think you demonstrate a lack of understanding of the wider world and the amount of resources available for this or even if it an outsourced thing. Codies don't just work on F1 titles and it isn't all done in house.

An early launch to the game would probably contain incorrect car images, performance deltas, maybe even lack new track information. It would mean career would be even more unrealistic even before the programmers got their hands on that data.

Fancy F1 2019 launched with just a FIA reference car, suggested liveries, estimated tyre choices and 2018 performance data? Sounds peachy.
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.
    patronas said:
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

It has to be signed off legally by all the teams. It's about commercial image rights, lawyers don't give two cents for your game. Plus they have to wait for all clearances, just one rework could add weeks to the process. I think you demonstrate a lack of understanding of the wider world and the amount of resources available for this or even if it an outsourced thing. Codies don't just work on F1 titles and it isn't all done in house.

An early launch to the game would probably contain incorrect car images, performance deltas, maybe even lack new track information. It would mean career would be even more unrealistic even before the programmers got their hands on that data.

Fancy F1 2019 launched with just a FIA reference car, suggested liveries, estimated tyre choices and 2018 performance data? Sounds peachy.

Yeah it's not just the drawing up of the cars and everything it all has to be signed off by the powers that be to make it a legally binding document. Kind of a little bit like what's going on with Brexit at the moment unless the PM can get the signatures she needs it won't be a legally  binding document. It's not exactly the same as F1 2018 is just a game whereas Brexit is politics but it falls under similar rules in that things have to be agreed upon and signed off before they can be included

patronas said:
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

Yeah it's not just the drawing up of the cars and everything it all has to be signed off by the powers that be to make it a legally binding document. Kind of a little bit like what's going on with Brexit at the moment unless the PM can get the signatures she needs it won't be a legally  binding document. It's not exactly the same as F1 2018 is just a game whereas Brexit is politics but it falls under similar rules in that things have to be agreed upon and signed off before they can be included
    Comparing the F1 game to Brexit is the funniest thing I've read all day, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense!

Codies promise us a game, but it's not the game we want. Then everything takes forever as they go through the motions. 

Not quite sure I'm ready to be grateful for 1.15, but it's what we have. 
    patronas said:
    SebVet5 said:
    MicMiller said:
    ShelbyUSA said:

Comparing the F1 game to Brexit is the funniest thing I've read all day, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense!

Codies promise us a game, but it's not the game we want. Then everything takes forever as they go through the motions. 

Not quite sure I'm ready to be grateful for 1.15, but it's what we have. 
    Yeah I was just using Brexit as a metaphor given it's very much in the public eye atm because it's a similar thing people negotiating trying to find the right deal for everyone yet still allow F1 to do it's thing and CM to do theirs