Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

glitches

WongYewXuanWongYewXuan Member New Car Smell
1. is brazil glitched?
twice ive raced there online on grid start and sprint race.
both times after the back straight, my car just starts flying for no reason
2. what is it with the BOT AI. i cant even recall how many times ive DNFED cause of them
and also they are a ridiculous mobile chicane, every race the AI just parks the car on the apex
PLEASE make EVERY CAR a ghost

3. i dont know why my car just becomes danny rics car in 2018. my engine just stops working for some reason, even when i test it on auto accelerate. and nope i didnt do a corner cut
4. corner cut penalties are insane simply because of the AI. the AI shove you off the track, and when you rejoin it constitutes a corner cut and your engine goes into saving  mode like verstappen. insane

Comments

• WongYewXuanWongYewXuan Member New Car Smell
    dirty drivers arent too much of a problem
    at the start, just dont accelerate first and let them shove themselves into the wall, quite hilarious
  • elimmelelimmel Member New Car Smell
    AI is killing the joy of the game. Lost hundreds of points due to AI. Once an AI sent me flying into the air and I got stuck in the sky. 
    The connection hang issue during loading seems to be back too. 
    Just got DNF at the grid starting line. Perfect start but AI stalled in front and AI smacked me from the back....
    But that’s not the worst. Had a DNF before the start of sprint cos I was taken out before even reaching the start line! Lol
  • DragmanBLRDragmanBLR Member New Car Smell
    The main problem of the game today is very inadequate AI, they do not see you in the corners.
    In the first corner in Monza, you are constantly being pushed into the gravel. Now at Monza, I slow down a little, the AI flies on the gravel, and I calmly drive on. The ride with the AI is very dangerous
    Lost another 300 points due to slow motion. Some qualifying races I start almost a second behind? Then slo mo hits and I’m 8sec back in middle of sector 1. 
    Slo mo is the worst at spa
  • TH61TH61 Member New Car Smell
    I've had all of these problems and many more.  Lost 100's of points to AI's when it seems that they are actively seeking you out, and you can't get away.  Still not sure how aggressive drivers are being penalised.  If they are being aggressive, sore loser idiots, shouldn't the race be awarded to the other driver?
  • DragmanBLRDragmanBLR Member New Car Smell
    TH61 said:
    I've had all of these problems and many more.  Lost 100's of points to AI's when it seems that they are actively seeking you out, and you can't get away.  Still not sure how aggressive drivers are being penalised.  If they are being aggressive, sore loser idiots, shouldn't the race be awarded to the other driver?
    Aggressive drivers are not punished. Cut when I'm in front, cut when I'm a little behind and I'm still in the wall, and they keep moving. Often fly in from behind on braking, I fly away into a wall or gravel and they keep moving
  • DeccaDecca Member New Car Smell
    Yes I have lost all kinds of points due to the AI

Make them ghosts PLEASE 
    Decca 
  • TheLogoSmithTheLogoSmith Member New Car Smell
    In theory, I should be close to 750 points, but due to aggressive AI and users, I'm constantly losing well earned points.

It seems that reaching 750 points is just too much of an ask in the games current format. I'm frequently hitting 500-550, but then back down to 400-450 in a matter of a few races.

All the above comments are relevant, and I've got a bunch of my own bugs/issues that would back-up the relatively simple request of ensuring at least the player in Duel mode, is a Ghost.

It's odd that they are Ghosted at the start, but the moment one of you pull out a lead, the safety of Ghost is lost.

The sheer magnitude of aggressive users' trying to bump you off at the start, or a corner and simply disappearing off to win is pretty poor. The game is excellent and has a lot of potential, but I'm putting in a fair bit of my time trying to win fairly, but only to see my progress disappear in just a few bad races.

I've actually started to pre-empty any aggressiveness by simply fighting fire with fire, as it seems the only real solution to stand a chance, and that's not really something I want to continue doing, but I shall do so all the time aggressive users' and also aggressive/stupid AI continue to dampen the game enjoyment.
  • totallyturbototallyturbo Member New Car Smell
    I am new to the forum and normally I do not have the time to air my views.
    Whilst I have generally enjoyed the game, I would like to add some of the issues I have encountered. 
    Monaco the graphics are generally slow and the game crashes during load up in duel mode, there you go loose 30 points for your trouble. Additionally for some bizarre reason the game changes my steering settings,  the steering becomes less sensitive, not a track to have unresponsive steering.
    Baku, I can not even get the circuit to load up in duel mode, loose 30 points every time the game selects this circuit. Probably lost 150 points so far.
    I have removed the game once and started afresh, unfortunately the glitches are still there, such a shame for a game with great potential.

yeah i dont know what is worng with monaco
    game starts, 0 steering
    AMAZING
    just had 1 race, grid start.
    both of us combined got hit by the AI at least 10 times.
    ten FRICKING TIMES
    how is this even possible

Today it seems the AIs are back to their aggro selves. 
    And also dirty players don’t seem to get punished at all. 
    hold up
    i finished 5 sec ahead of 1 guy in grid start
    somehow the game said i was .38 s slower in the lap, and i lost
    wait...WHAT?