Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Pace programs

Does anyone else have trouble with qualifying pace program and such every race i struggle and usually a second down by turn 1 anyone else have this problem or any suggestions to what it is?

Comments

• jrod22145jrod22145 Member New Car Smell
    Can you provide a specific example of the track and what downforce levels your running...if your way down 1 second after the first straight I'd say your either getting a horrible run out of the last corner or running too much downforce
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Does anyone else have trouble with qualifying pace program and such every race i struggle and usually a second down by turn 1 anyone else have this problem or any suggestions to what it is?
    Not really the pace programs I usually find the easiest to pass

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    I've honestly only struggled with certain teams! Again as been mentioned many times and will affect the performance there is "maybe" an issue with R&D not functioning correctly and the times you need to hit seem sometimes impossible to achieve. I have so far only experienced this with RB when I first moved to them, Williams after a few Chassis upgrades affected the car in a negative way and Ferrari when I first moved to them were sometimes tough on the more technical circuits. But all teams as I've neared maximum R&D the times have been easily achievable on the same difficulty settings. The times required don't always seem to tally with the cars natural ability and thats when I have struggled.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • stevep1992stevep1992 Member New Car Smell
    jrod22145 said:
    Can you provide a specific example of the track and what downforce levels your running...if your way down 1 second after the first straight I'd say your either getting a horrible run out of the last corner or running too much downforce
    France and i make no mistakes into the last corner and usually its just default settings with the downforce
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member New Car Smell
    Yah might be the downforce then because I just did France the other night in a Season 1 Toro Rosso and ran 2-6 wings and even bumped the ai up to 105 (usually run at about 103 right now...just started playing using cockpit mode at the beginning of this season...was up to 107 in my first career using T-cam)...usually for me if I'm losing time on the straights I drop the front downforce a couple points and the rear 1 maybe 2 points depending on how the car feels...also maybe look at your engine components, I've noticed once you get above 50% wear you start losing performance and I think all the other practice programs kinda take that into account when setting a Delta time but I don't think it does as much for the quali Delta...another thought I had is what place is it telling you to achieve to pass? Is that above where your car falls in the performance chart and if so, what car would be in that position if quali went exactly according to the performance table? Because I've noticed that I too sometimes go into the red on the straights if say my team wants me to achieve 11th place to get the purple score and that would be where the Hass or Force India would normally be...but with a good lap I can make up more than enough time thru the corners to complete the program...this is also how I judge my ai difficulty for each track, basically for every .2-.3 I beat the expected fastest lap for my car (not expected pole time) I up the difficulty by 1 going into FP3...I then run quali sim again to check that I still at least set a lap in between the fastest expected times for my car...if so that's usually a sweet spot for me and I'll be within +/- a tenth of a second of my teammate (Gasley) in qualifying and race pace (some exceptions apply i.e. Austria which I had to bump up to 108 to keep from beating the Red Bulls and upper midfield teams and the odd lap I get completely hooked up and beat my teammate by over half a second or more)
  • stevep1992stevep1992 Member New Car Smell
    jrod22145 said:
    Yah might be the downforce then because I just did France the other night in a Season 1 Toro Rosso and ran 2-6 wings and even bumped the ai up to 105 (usually run at about 103 right now...just started playing using cockpit mode at the beginning of this season...was up to 107 in my first career using T-cam)...usually for me if I'm losing time on the straights I drop the front downforce a couple points and the rear 1 maybe 2 points depending on how the car feels...also maybe look at your engine components, I've noticed once you get above 50% wear you start losing performance and I think all the other practice programs kinda take that into account when setting a Delta time but I don't think it does as much for the quali Delta...another thought I had is what place is it telling you to achieve to pass? Is that above where your car falls in the performance chart and if so, what car would be in that position if quali went exactly according to the performance table? Because I've noticed that I too sometimes go into the red on the straights if say my team wants me to achieve 11th place to get the purple score and that would be where the Hass or Force India would normally be...but with a good lap I can make up more than enough time thru the corners to complete the program...this is also how I judge my ai difficulty for each track, basically for every .2-.3 I beat the expected fastest lap for my car (not expected pole time) I up the difficulty by 1 going into FP3...I then run quali sim again to check that I still at least set a lap in between the fastest expected times for my car...if so that's usually a sweet spot for me and I'll be within +/- a tenth of a second of my teammate (Gasley) in qualifying and race pace (some exceptions apply i.e. Austria which I had to bump up to 108 to keep from beating the Red Bulls and upper midfield teams and the odd lap I get completely hooked up and beat my teammate by over half a second or more)
    Cheers man it worked by changing downforce i was 2 tenths above time limit required thanks all