Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Current set up

just thought I’d share my set up, curious if anyone had any ideas to improve or like to share their own.

Comments

• TH61TH61 Member New Car Smell
    well my 'Power', 'Lightweight', Brakes' and 'Handling' are all at zero, so i think your doing pretty good there fella
  • ZykloZyklo Member New Car Smell
    This is where i am right now. Hope to upgrade few handling compoments. I like to be fast through corners and at exits.

• cmd1cmd1 Member New Car Smell
    Can someone explain to me how the R&D screen works? This is the first racing game I've played so I'm not familiar.  I have all 8 of my slots filled and several other parts in that row on the bottom.  Do you only get the benefit of the parts once you "equip" them or do you get the benefit when you place them in the 8 square grid.  What is the bar on the side that in zyklo's case says 41/52?  Thanks for the assistance.
  • itsfullofstarsitsfullofstars Member New Car Smell
    cmd1 said:
    Can someone explain to me how the R&D screen works? This is the first racing game I've played so I'm not familiar.  I have all 8 of my slots filled and several other parts in that row on the bottom.  Do you only get the benefit of the parts once you "equip" them or do you get the benefit when you place them in the 8 square grid.  What is the bar on the side that in zyklo's case says 41/52?  Thanks for the assistance.
    You equip parts by dragging them into the “8 square grid” as you called it. Only the parts in the grid will affect your car. The yellow bar on the right shows how many research points you have loaded in the grid; research points are the numbers in the yellow hex on bottom right of each part. You’re limited to a certain number of research points based on what league you’ve advanced to.

Tip: try to maximize in order 1) power,  but keep 2) aero lightweight and handling equal and at least half of power, 3) brakes. You really don’t need much in brakes, just don’t EVER overshoot the initial braking zone (red when approaching a corner). Aero kicks in when DRS is enabled, you’ll notice more significant acceleration the more aero you have. If you keep aero, lightweight and handling equal you don’t need super-high power or much braking to be fast (enough) around corners and on straightaways. Driving skills need to match the car’s ability, so practice single races on each circuit. Duels will frustrate the **** out of you because of other drivers (and bots) crashing you, but there are ways to manage this you’ll have to learn for yourself. ;) One last thing, credits are precious so don’t spend them on instant research for parts you win in duels or the 2 to 4 part packages in the store. Save them for buying research points to upgrade useful parts or buying the 16 (or better yet 32 part packages with epic part) packages. 
  • TH61TH61 Member New Car Smell
    cmd1 said:
    You equip parts by dragging them into the “8 square grid” as you called it. Only the parts in the grid will affect your car. The yellow bar on the right shows how many research points you have loaded in the grid; research points are the numbers in the yellow hex on bottom right of each part. You’re limited to a certain number of research points based on what league you’ve advanced to.

Tip: try to maximize in order 1) power,  but keep 2) aero lightweight and handling equal and at least half of power, 3) brakes. You really don’t need much in brakes, just don’t EVER overshoot the initial braking zone (red when approaching a corner). Aero kicks in when DRS is enabled, you’ll notice more significant acceleration the more aero you have. If you keep aero, lightweight and handling equal you don’t need super-high power or much braking to be fast (enough) around corners and on straightaways. Driving skills need to match the car’s ability, so practice single races on each circuit. Duels will frustrate the **** out of you because of other drivers (and bots) crashing you, but there are ways to manage this you’ll have to learn for yourself. ;) One last thing, credits are precious so don’t spend them on instant research for parts you win in duels or the 2 to 4 part packages in the store. Save them for buying research points to upgrade useful parts or buying the 16 (or better yet 32 part packages with epic part) packages. 
    Well don't I just feel like a total idiot!!!
    I did not know this is how the R&D section worked.  I thought it would populate automatically! Before reading this I was floundering around in mid league 6 running a car with Aero 52 and everything else at 0.  How on earth i managed to win any duals I don't know.  Since reading this post (THANK YOU VERY MUCH), Ive sailed through league 6, league 5, most of league 4 and on my way to league 3, all in one day!

• cmd1cmd1 Member New Car Smell
    cmd1 said:

Thank you very much for the advice.  I upped my power and won a few duels today.  I keep bouncing between league 5 and league 6.  The most points I can ever seem to get is around 900.  Right now I am maxed out on 30 research points.  I just moved up to league 5 and I'm still at 30.