Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Why Codemasters shouldn't even release F1 2019

2»

Comments

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    I think personally it's time we stop bothering with giving them help, because they don't listen to the stuff that is ideal to keeping the likes of eSports up and running fluidly. I mean how many times have you used the @ function for Faya upon matters that are concerning to the integrity of online racing and it's been ignored, however when something else get's @ towards her that's more towards something miniscule and not urgently attentive, she responds to that point?
    Yeah let's just blame Faya for everything 'cause that will fix everything. If you say it's a time to stop bothering, you could've started it yourself and not bother to send this message?

These are literally the only forum category where people will blame Codemasters even if it would have nothing to do with the thread anyways, so it would be amazing that people would stop "giving them 'help'" because usually the "help" does not help at all...
  • marosimarkmarosimark Member Wheel Nut
    I can see your point, @DeltaNiwaX, however, you shouldn't point out anyone, as you did with Faya, who is just an employee, just like any other developer etc. You should blame the whole team of Codemasters, or blame no one. And I can see your problem, which is fair - to be honest, since the multiplayer aspect of the game is really not functioning in a way it should, - but they are quite open towards us and they need the help of the players. It's clear that with the time they have and with their capacity of developers, they couldn't give us a fully functional multiplayer so far, but I hope they can figure it out somehow, cause with this new eSport direction, the multiplayer mode will need as much attention as what career mode has now, otherwise it will look woeful.
  • CmdrCodyCmdrCody Member Wheel Nut
    Also, don't forget they can't give us a game in March or sooner, as the car models need a lot of time to make, and be approved. 
    This is an urban legend. Codemasters pay F1 and can get access to the F1 car designs long before the season starts. Modelling the cars probably takes something like 1 month. And even if they aren't fully finalized in March, Codemasters could update the models throughout the season with patches.
  • tarrantinotarrantino Member Co-Driver
    CmdrCody said:
    Also, don't forget they can't give us a game in March or sooner, as the car models need a lot of time to make, and be approved. 
    This is an urban legend. Codemasters pay F1 and can get access to the F1 car designs long before the season starts. Modelling the cars probably takes something like 1 month. And even if they aren't fully finalized in March, Codemasters could update the models throughout the season with patches.
    They have to get sign off from each team before an update. With teams more interested in the actual season then this won’t happen. 
  • DaveDave12345DaveDave12345 Member Unleaded
    I think most of us don't want it.
    You don't want to get a half-ready, untested, 'lacking in content' and 'full of bugs' game.
    Well we get that in August anyway! 
  • FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    SebVet5 said:
    So much complaining... if you people know how to make this game without any bug than do it.. al mouths are wide open. I read all topics about F1 2017 all those people who complained that the game got to many bug and saying that they won't buy f1 2018 they just buy f1 2018...these are people who do not have their own opinion and are involved with everyone. Go on defend yourself😏
    Nice complaining about complainers.

Capital.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • marosimarkmarosimark Member Wheel Nut
    CmdrCody said:
    Nope, this is not an urban legend, believe me, as I have been a beta tester for 2 years in a row now, I've been told how this modeling process is working, and nope, they can't "get access to the F1 car designs long before the season starts."
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    CmdrCody said:
    Nope, this is not an urban legend, believe me, as I have been a beta tester for 2 years in a row now, I've been told how this modeling process is working, and nope, they can't "get access to the F1 car designs long before the season starts."
    Yeah they've even said they don't get the data any earlier than we do.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    CmdrCody said:
    You can't argue with his other line though...we already know this is what they do.

And even if they aren't fully finalized in March, Codemasters could update the models throughout the season with patches.
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • Andremyrie1Andremyrie1 Member New Car Smell
    Was thinking the same...they should just work on the 20-21 season with the big changes and just roll out a update that matches the 2019 regulation because it’s the same tracks and just a few changes towards the cars. They could also update career as well. (Not sure how that would work). Mostly play career mode but it doesn’t make sense to bring out a new game for 2019 when there’s isn’t much change. But it’s business. 
  • CmdrCodyCmdrCody Member Wheel Nut
    edited December 8
    CmdrCody said:
    Then Codemasters should just ship the game with car models based on draft designs, or even simply the models from the year before. To me, the visual accuracy of the car models isn't that critical. I'd much rather start playing F1 when the season starts with work-in-progress models that get patched to completion, than to get the game in August or September when the season is nearly over.

All other sports franchise games (FIFA, NFL, etc.) manage to release early in the year and they manage to release with up-to-date rosters, liveries, etc. Why can't Codemasters do it? Car models and liveries shouldn't require 6 months of work, and the start-dates of those work-packages shouldn't be constrained to the start-of-season. The project management seems really bad to me.

• UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    CmdrCody said:
    All other sports franchise games (FIFA, NFL, etc.) manage to release early in the year and they manage to release with up-to-date rosters, liveries, etc. Why can't Codemasters do it? Car models and liveries shouldn't require 6 months of work, and the start-dates of those work-packages shouldn't be constrained to the start-of-season. The project management seems really bad to me.

You know usually humans don't change that much between seasons and are not considered to cost millions to build... Most of the teams in sports games don't even change their liveries and most games with human players use a preset system instead of modelling each player by hand.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    UP100 said:
    CmdrCody said:

You know usually humans don't change that much between seasons and are not considered to cost millions to build... Most of the teams in sports games don't even change their liveries and most games with human players use a preset system instead of modelling each player by hand.

Indeed in Fifa generally they're just switching a few names around as players move clubs all the kits pretty much remain the same season on season so in truth it's not really that much work for those that make the games. Plus EA has a lot of money and resources to throw at these games compared with CM so have the ability to  get it done faster. CM don't have that level of resources to draw upon and are quite small in comparison. Acquiring the license to such a big sport such as F1 is quite a huge deal for them as it takes a lot of resources and stuff to deliver what we do get. I must admit sometimes I wonder how they manage it because for the most part MP aside they do a pretty good job.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

2»