Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Frame pacing issues

There seems to be a lot of frame pacing issues (stuttering) during replays. For example when watching the F1 Esports, the cars seems to strutter when looking at the replay. Is this something thats going to be looked at for F1 2019? @Faya

Comments

• FRACTUREDFRACTURED Member, Drivers Champion
    edited December 7
    JJLehto95 said:
    There seems to be a lot of frame pacing issues (stuttering) during replays. For example when watching the F1 Esports, the cars seems to strutter when looking at the replay. Is this something thats going to be looked at for F1 2019? @Faya

Gamers Nexus include F1 18 in a lot of benchmarks and regardless of the CPU used, this game has horrific frame pacing. Massive FPS spikes leading to a single frame on screen for half a second or more. 

Other than that its not overly GPU bound, and with basically every CPU review/test, when they get to the F1 18 benchmark Tech Jaysus always says how the spikes occur regardless of the CPU. Something **** in the engine I guess.

Edit: The **** is for the word C, R, A, P. This is a swear how?
    Post edited by FRACTURED on
    VIOLENCE. SPEED. MOMENTUM.

The two time, 2016/2018 F1 Beta testing Champion of the World.
  • steviejay69steviejay69 Member Petrol Head
    edited December 8
    mass noun vulgar slang 

1. Something of extremely poor quality.

1.1 Nonsense.

1.2 Unwanted articles; rubbish.

2. Excrement.

2.1 An act of defecation.
    OED
    I'm not stupid, I just don't always have all the necessary information,...stupid.