Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

WRC cars, imperiously necessary

In DIRT RALLY we have wrc cars, why not now? dlc or wherever, but the wrc cars should be there please!
Driving these beautiful 380 HP beasts in the physics of dirt rally 2.0 is something they should not deprive us.

Comments

• EvilsmurfEvilsmurf Member Team Principal
    Codemasters do not have the WRC license, so no new WRC cars. 

Twitch: twitch.tv/evilsmurf76

Twitter: Evilsmurf76

Steam: Evilsmurf

PSN: evilsmurf1976

• DreamyGhostZDreamyGhostZ Member New Car Smell
    They could do the same as they did with DR and add WRC as "2010s Rally" cars, but it would be too risky, since DR2.0 is being developed at their major studio.

License issues suck.
  • DreamyGhostZDreamyGhostZ Member New Car Smell
    edited December 7

Licences do suck, but between R5, R4, RGT, Group A, Group B and 70s there'll be plenty of great, powerful modern cars.
    Delta S4 is the easiest car to drive among all Killer Bees, but having high-tech WRC cars would be nice too, since those reach 200 kph quite safely. It's more about handling than power.

But still, I do agree we'd have many more options to choose from if CM doesn't defy the law again.
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    edited December 7
    @tbtstt

That's understandable; rose-tinted glasses of Group B are indeed awful to the spectacle that is modern rallying. I just found it amusing that the power stat was focused on when the spectacular advances in suspension, drivetrain, tyre and aero tech are what make the modern cars so amazingly spectacular.

For the record, if they had the WRC licence I'd love it; I think the modern WRC cars are amazing. But, I'm really excited by R5s and RGTs as top classes in the new game, and I say that as someone who goes out to Ypres, Zlin, Valais and other ERC events because I prefer watching the competition to WRC events.

Group B cars were incredible, but they were never really on parity and competing with each other in the way the modern classes can do.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    edited December 7
    Group B cars were incredible, but they were never really on parity and competing with each other in the way the modern classes can do.
    110% agree with you @RodgerDavies. I appreciate that the events were longer, but victory was measured in huge gaps back then, not the narrow margins we have now. 

For the record, if they had the WRC licence I'd love it; I think the modern WRC cars are amazing. But, I'm really excited by R5s and RGTs as top classes in the new game, and I say that as someone who goes out to Ypres, Zlin, Valais and other ERC events because I prefer watching the competition to WRC events.

I am not sure I would go as far as saying I prefer the non-WRC events (especially this year) but, like you, I am as exciting by the R5 cars as I am the top tier WRCars. The R5's are probably my most used class in DiRT 4 and I can't wait to get my hands on them again in DR 2.0. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• cjl9cjl9 Member Pit Crew
    elrojodp8 said: WRC CARS, IMPERIOUSLY NECESSARY

How about "'60s and '70s cars really needed" From the era where cars were interesting.
  • Chewy21398Chewy21398 Member New Car Smell
    Even if we got the 2010s from dirt rally with updated engine noises I’d be pretty happy considering we can’t have modern wrc but still like the r5s 
  • elrojodp8elrojodp8 Member New Car Smell
    the problem of licensing exists and is understood, but if there is a will, it can be achieved. You can make cars with the specifications of the modern wrc without necessarily calling them that, dirt rally 1 has the wrc cars but they were called differently, as KONAMI does in PES to put the "Real Madrid CF", it names it "Madrid White" , what I want to say is that I would love to have those cars with physics at the height of DR2, because let's go! wrc 7 sucks in physics.
  • husker333husker333 Member New Car Smell
    Would be amazing to have some unrestricted modern rally cars, like the AP4++ 680hp spec i20 of Hayden Paddon - 'better than WRC spec' with no licensing issues

https://www.facebook.com/paddonrallysport/posts/here-he-is-barry-20-680bhp-hyundai-ap4-with-new-aero-motec-m1-engine-management-/1590728271073203/