Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

In game adjustable brake bias.

As the title says it would be great to have in game adjustable brake bias as many race games have, its a essential option when rallying in real life. Surprised this option has never been implemented in a rally game.
What do you guys think.

Comments

• CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
    Like, dynamic mid-race adjustable brake bias? Because you definitely already can set your bias/power in DR
    Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    I think he means doing it on the fly, using for example the D-Pad on the wheel. It could be useful and those buttons aren't doing much mid-stage at the moment, so this would give them more purpose 
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
    carpa said:
    I think he means doing it on the fly, using for example the D-Pad on the wheel. It could be useful and those buttons aren't doing much mid-stage at the moment, so this would give them more purpose 
    While that could be really useful on mix-surface stages, is it really that practical? I mean I know in track races things like that are way more common, but is it normal for a rally driver to be dynamically altering their setup on a flatout 100m stretch before a turn?

Just doesn't seem practical to me, unless we are allowed to maybe pre-map certain setups/biases and just switch configs on a button box or something.
    Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.
  • itsmeagainitsmeagain Member New Car Smell
    typically a rallydriver will make an adjustment to the bias according to the surface conditions or to alter the braking characteristics of the car . Suspension setups can be set in service and tested  during shakedown based on known perameters of the forthcoming stages during recce for example, but brake bias adjustments on the fly are very useful and can help with the balance of the car as surface conditions change especially if you are down the running order. Personally I'd like this feature in a rally game.  Even more so now as Dirt 2.0 will have surface degredation
  • DreamyGhostZDreamyGhostZ Member New Car Smell
    As the title says it would be great to have in game adjustable brake bias as many race games have, its a essential option when rallying in real life. Surprised this option has never been implemented in a rally game.
    What do you guys think.
    GT Sport has this setting available on the fly and it's dope. I think it'd very useful on DR2.0 since we now have degradation and everything.
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer
    typically a rallydriver will make an adjustment to the bias according to the surface conditions or to alter the braking characteristics of the car . Suspension setups can be set in service and tested  during shakedown based on known perameters of the forthcoming stages during recce for example, but brake bias adjustments on the fly are very useful and can help with the balance of the car as surface conditions change especially if you are down the running order. Personally I'd like this feature in a rally game.  Even more so now as Dirt 2.0 will have surface degredation
    Yep. The ability to change brake bias and diff settings on the fly would allow to better adapt the car setup to changing conditions, which in DR2 should be quite a big factor (weather, stage wear, tyre wear...) 
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve