Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Angry with Grid 1 - Win 10 - Quad CPU

As title says, I have a hard time making Grid 1 works on my Win10 Quad CPU PC .... any help? I've seen a lot of videos, but nothing usefull. In terms of graphic it's ok ... but game keeps crashing randomly, and I suspect it's couse of 4 cores, since game is made for 2 cores .... any idea how to solve this issue?

And yeah, sorry if this is against the rules ... but I'm **** of, couse of your game, and very angry so .... I'm also sorry if this is against the rules, but please just don't ban me. I really want Grid 1 to work on my PC.

Comments

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    Go to https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Race_Driver:_Grid

Read bit called: Failing to run on Intel Core i7 CPUs
    Also the "Free DLC content" part is fun, as the Mac version shipped with extra DLC that came to the console versions (but not the PC) and people found it's totally compatible with PC version, so you can drive Bathurst, Ferrari cars, etc in PC Grid now, too!
    Plus, get all the patches, as I think a late one night have removed some troublesome DRM
  • SuperSonic76SuperSonic76 Member New Car Smell
    Really really fun story! XD I did put on CPU recording and XP compatibility and it works. XD Before I tried GPU rendering with Win7 compatibility. It works fine on XP and CPU render. XD Will do more test tomorrow .. but game survived 20ish minutes, instead of 2. :D
    So in my case, there is number of CPU cores problem ... ;)
  • RubyRubyRubyRuby Member Wheel Nut
    My GRID runs fine on Win 7, 4 core i5-4670 / GT 660 / 8Gb; about 180fps, with single 24" display, mostly high settings.  Haven't had any problems with any of Codies patches in single player/career - for what it's worth.  Maybe a driver problem?
    Don't know where the issue is. I kept stock graphic settings, I put CPU render if I record, I put XP compatibility mode .. it works. I guess quad CPU and win10 is issue, but I manage to solve it somehow on luck. xD It works descent on XP compatibility and stock graphic settings, looks also super nice graphicly. ;) Win10 and Quad CPU is issues. ;)
    Yap, I'm more then 95% sure Win10 and Quad CPU is problem. Stupid Win7 is loosing support in December of 19, so I put Win10 .... Not sure if it was good move, but long term was smart move .... I would stay on Win7, but loosing support in 1 year is not nice .... Pretty pretty sure Win10 and Quad is problem ... and I think every case is unique for itself so I'm not sure how my solving problem path with help someone else ... I've seen people renaming files, editing files in notepad and stuff like that .. I was lucky with XP compatibility and CPU rendering so .... some guys never solved issues on Win10 and Quad. 
    edited December 2018
    I'm running it on Win 10 64bit on 4790K, which is quad core. Yeah it might need some compatibility settings too. Not tried it long enough to see if it's crash free though.
    Post edited by VirtuaIceMan on