Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Bonus for not restarting stages

Was thinking a lot about that. Rallies feel a lot more realistic online, since we can't restart. I think there should be an option to disable restarts in both Career and Custom Event modes. Maybe adding bonus $$$ on the prize, like the percentage we get for disabling external cameras on DR, among others.

Bonus for not restarting stages 3 votes

Totally. Disable the restart option too
100%
mumbleshBlack75CatBadders 3 votes
Nah, it's not real life anyways
0%

Comments

• CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
    Don't we already get bonus money for not using restarts in Career; up to like 10x before you lose all the bonus money?

I do think maybe instead of a cash prize, maybe allow the user to set a time penalty for restarts that are just added as a flat penalty time to the final completed run. So this way when I have buddies over and we're all racing, maybe we can all agree to enable up to 3 restarts, but each one adds 10 seconds to your final time. So if you finish with a time of 2:50 on a sprint, but restarted twice in doing so, the final recorded time is 3:10
    Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.
  • mumbleshmumblesh Member Unleaded
    It should be an option, sure. Why not, this is what rallying is about after all, a test of endurance as much as anything else.
  • DreamyGhostZDreamyGhostZ Member New Car Smell
    Don't we already get bonus money for not using restarts in Career; up to like 10x before you lose all the bonus money?

I do think maybe instead of a cash prize, maybe allow the user to set a time penalty for restarts that are just added as a flat penalty time to the final completed run. So this way when I have buddies over and we're all racing, maybe we can all agree to enable up to 3 restarts, but each one adds 10 seconds to your final time. So if you finish with a time of 2:50 on a sprint, but restarted twice in doing so, the final recorded time is 3:10
    Yep, we have to pay for the first 5 restarts when in career mode, with increasing values according to current difficulty. But I like the idea of time penalties too. It'd make local play much more challenging and diverse.