Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Request for tracks on season pass

elrojodp8elrojodp8 Member New Car Smell
Since Ross Gowing said that they were going to listen to the community to see what tracks will come with each DLC, let's begin to express ourselves.
There will be 3 tracks per season, between rally and RX, so...
What do you prefer in each season pass?

Post edited by elrojodp8 on

Request for tracks on season pass 40 votes

3 Rally tracks
70%
GerbieKingOfCoinswarpengageKiwiazbrogtmissioncjl9RodgerDaviesBigsurWRCFocusLiveDytutskylinegtr34FedemaisonnavesqdstrSkyRexcarpasuperdorferAccro2008kellemannPersehuoraRallyeTracks 28 votes
2 Rally tracks and 1 RX track
25%
toninusSimVansevenantzeroundersteerJoeBlob21Lynx2000AIPacinofabzviigk9147SLAM001DreamyGhostZ 10 votes
1 Rally track and 2 RX tracks
5%
Oscar97lilfurbal 2 votes
3 RX tracks
0%

Comments

• KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    3 Rally tracks
    I doubt they will change it now on season 1 and 2 as they are probably already working on that. But season 3 and onwards I would like to see more rally stages. 
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • elrojodp8elrojodp8 Member New Car Smell
    3 Rally tracks
    Personally i prefer all rally tracks, and i would like on the first "season pass" a snow rally(anywhere), a tarmac rally(Germany, Tour de Corse or Japan) and an african rally(gravel)
  • kheirokheiro Member New Car Smell
    3 Rally tracks
    Rallye Monte-Carlo; Rally Sweden, Wales Rally
  • DytutDytut Member Champion
    3 Rally tracks
    If I could pick and choose freely... Monte, Sweden, Turkey.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• SkyRexSkyRex Member Petrol Head
    3 Rally tracks
    Season 1 and 2 will be set in stone by now. Consisting of 50/50 split probably.
    But after that I would sure hope for more rallies and primary rallies.
    Personal overall wishlist:
    Argentina ✓
    Azores (Portugal but not mainland)
    Sweden (probably DLC)
    Poland ✓
    New Zealand ✓
    Corsica (France)
    Gemany, including Vineyard sections
    Australia ✓
    Wales (probably DLC)
    Spain ✓
    Monte Carlo (probably DLC)
    Norway
    Kenya
    Pacific Forest Rally (Canada)

• gamersince1971gamersince1971 Member Unleaded
    edited December 2018
    Look at you guys, giving these devlopers a way to charge for DLC that SHOULD have been in the game from the START! Your destroying gaming the lot of you. In 2018 there should be at least 20+ rally countries and locations in a game but because of you lot on here with half a brain, codemasters charge you for the rest. This is why im getting out of gaming, really sick of the dimwits now. I mean how stupid do you have to be to request DLC for a game thats will only be half finished? **** christ what is the world coming to?
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    3 Rally tracks
    Nah, this is one of the exceptions where I prefer DLC. They have already told us how much time stage creations are. So I don't really mind forking over some more money
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    edited December 2018
    3 Rally tracks
    Yeah I'd like that too @KingOfCoins but do you think that's realistic? I mean, rally locations are harder to make than RX locations, do you think more than two, or even 4, is feasible? Aren't people forgetting that they may need to complete the RX rounds of the championship?
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    edited December 2018
    3 Rally tracks
    I never really mind DLC, unless it's in too small doses.

I would rather buy one game and support its development and expansion over a few years than have a rushed, compromised release every year or two.

Really hoping we end up with at least 4 seasons. Whilst I think they should have included some DR1 locations in the base game and held some of the new ones back for expansion, I look forward to having a 'proper' (10+) calendar of events.

At that point, I hope to see further unique stages for whichever locations we have then.

Can't see how anyone could confidently say "I'm not buying it, it looks boring" at this point (I understand people holding out for VR or similar features), but each to their own. Sounds like trolling to me...

@sqdstr Ypres and Zlin - count me in!

Post edited by RodgerDavies on
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
    3 Rally tracks
    Yeah I'd like that too @KingOfCoins but do you think that's realistic? I mean, rally locations are harder to make than RX locations, do you think more than two, or even 4, is feasible? Aren't people forgetting that they may need to complete the RX rounds of the championship?
    I'm hoping (but not expecting) that they plan to stretch that over 4 seasons. If they had 4 seasons and by the end had 4x RX locations, 6x DR1 locations and 2x new rally locations I'd be delighted with that, As I say, I'm expecting 2x RX though in each unfortunately.
  • skylinegtr34skylinegtr34 Member Unleaded
    3 Rally tracks
    for me, the essential is montecarlo, sweden and finland, without, i don't have any interesting, i continues play to dirt rally...
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    That's absolutely not going to happen. They aren't going to double the game's rally content with the first two DLC.
    3 Rally tracks
    Oscar97 said:
    That's absolutely not going to happen. They aren't going to double the game's rally content with the first two DLC.

We know. But he asked what we'd prefer. Personally I have next to zero interest in RX. Anything that isn't 2x RX venues is a win for me; I expect it to be as you have voted.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Petrol Head
    3 Rally tracks
    Hope CM listen that the mayority prefers Rally in Dirt RALLY 2.0!!
  • CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
    3 Rally tracks
    Can anyone tell me where CM got this idea that people wanted more RX courses in the DLC? I know people weren't fully happy with the limited RX options before, but I think the community has made it abundantly clear 90%+ of people would happily never have a single RX stage added to the game if it meant we got better Rally stages.

Why the ridiculous push for an RX stage every DLC?
    Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.
  • warpengagewarpengage Member Team Principal
    3 Rally tracks
    Maybe there should be 2 rally locations and one RX location per DLC. This way, at the end of the first two seasons, we'd sit at a nice 10 RX locations and 10 Rally locations. Seems fair.
  • JorritVDJorritVD Member Race Steward
    I think overall it is much easier to create a RX track than a Rally track. An RX track is about 1km long in a compact area, while a stage is 10-15km in basically a small open world map. 

The first two DLC is quite clear the rest of the 2018 World RX tracks will come and leaves two spots left for Rally Tracks.

The third DLC also can become a 2 RX + 1 Rally track. Why? Well in the beginning of 2019 the World RX will visit the two only new tracks, namely Abu Dhabi and Spa. With both tracks already in the F1 games, it would be logical this way they can create a third season DLC with again 2 RX tracks and a Rally track without using to much resources. 

BTW a Rally location is basically two detailed stages, so the DLC "Three locations" are four tracks, of which two RX tracks, and two Rallu stages. 
    "If you look left, you not see anything on the right"
    IG: JorritVD9 | T/FB: JorritVD
    Consultant | Graphics Designer | 2017 McLaren GT Art livery winner | CHASE Autosports sim racer
  • CatBaddersCatBadders Member Unleaded
    edited December 2018
    3 Rally tracks
    JorritVD said:
    I think overall it is much easier to create a RX track than a Rally track. An RX track is about 1km long in a compact area, while a stage is 10-15km in basically a small open world map. 
    I get that they are easier and shorter to produce, but what is the point if no one wants to race them or even does actively race them? Why put out easy content when it gives next to no return other than allowing them to "pad stats" for their DLC saying "we give you 3 locations each DLC (but don't worry, you won't actually drive on 2 of them)". 

I mean, I get it is all for a marketing tactic and because some asshatehem "genius", in sales/marketing thought that eSports == RX, but goddamn please someone from CM with some actual reasoning step in and make real decisions. Make choices that you know the actual community wants, not what someone who has barely driven in the game and watches Twitch streamers play COD thinks the 'hardcore' crowd wants.

No one wants RX, especially not in any competitive eSports scene. If they did, they'd be in every other single racing game there was and explicitly not be playing Dirt Rally because ACC, rF2, iR, RR, and the rest all provide a wayyy better track racing experience. There is no desire or need to try and create that in DR2.0, so stick to what people actually want in DR and give us more rally events!!!
    Dirt Rally | G27 | Predator x34 | Sim-Lab GT1 Evo 80/20 | Rhinegeist Truth

I enjoy a game that kicks my ass. If I'm not cussing, this **** is too easy.
  • Oscar97Oscar97 Member Pit Crew
    edited December 2018
    JorritVD said:
    I get that they are easier and shorter to produce, but what is the point if no one wants to race them or even does actively race them? Why put out easy content when it gives next to no return other than allowing them to "pad stats" for their DLC saying "we give you 3 locations each DLC (but don't worry, you won't actually drive on 2 of them)". 

I mean, I get it is all for a marketing tactic and because some asshatehem "genius", in sales/marketing thought that eSports == RX, but goddamn please someone from CM with some actual reasoning step in and make real decisions. Make choices that you know the actual community wants, not what someone who has barely driven in the game and watches Twitch streamers play COD thinks the 'hardcore' crowd wants.

No one wants RX, especially not in any competitive eSports scene. If they did, they'd be in every other single racing game there was and explicitly not be playing Dirt Rally because ACC, rF2, iR, RR, and the rest all provide a wayyy better track racing experience. There is no desire or need to try and create that in DR2.0, so stick to what people actually want in DR and give us more rally events!!!
    You don't know what people want. These forums aren't representative of the whole community, most of the people here have been rally fans since their childhood, of course they want more rallies. But if you just think about it, Codemasters wouldn't keep the World RX license if it wasn't profitable.