Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Support for FANATEC Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 2018

Fanatec has recently released and started shipping their new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2018. Codemasters also had in November a “raffle” of sorts for that wheel so you are clearly aware of it and working with Fanatec. 

Are you (Codemasters) planning on updating the supported wheels to maximise all the functionality on this wheel? If yes, any idea when?
Any / all feedback appreciated!
«1

Comments

  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    I hope so! I'm supposed to be getting mine on Monday and would really like to use it... especially because is supposed to be officially licensed for F1 2018
  • JC666JC666 Member New Car Smell
    jrod22145 said:
    I hope so! I'm supposed to be getting mine on Monday and would really like to use it... especially because is supposed to be officially licensed for F1 2018
    I have mine since Dec 26. Nice piece of equipment but having to map all buttons... and that is a pain as it does not recognise all, specially the thumb / wheel dials. It also seems that you cannot simply use the same setting as the prior F1 rim. Eg my F1 rim is set to 320, new rim needs to be set at 350-370 degrees. 

    Anyway...enjoy your wheel on Monday!
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Champion
    JC666 said:
    jrod22145 said:
    I hope so! I'm supposed to be getting mine on Monday and would really like to use it... especially because is supposed to be officially licensed for F1 2018
    I have mine since Dec 26. Nice piece of equipment but having to map all buttons... and that is a pain as it does not recognise all, specially the thumb / wheel dials. It also seems that you cannot simply use the same setting as the prior F1 rim. Eg my F1 rim is set to 320, new rim needs to be set at 350-370 degrees. 

    Anyway...enjoy your wheel on Monday!
    Kind of frustrating. I asume you are on pc. If even on pc not all buttons are recognised I fear for XB1 and PS4. Thomas (Fanatec) mentioned they are pushing Microsoft to get support on all the extra buttons sorted out but I’m not very hopeful. I do hope however the devs at CM can work out a way to get full support on all the available buttons on the new F1 rims.

    If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

    1512Marcel

    If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

    Max Verstappen

  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    JC666 said:
    jrod22145 said:
    I hope so! I'm supposed to be getting mine on Monday and would really like to use it... especially because is supposed to be officially licensed for F1 2018
    I have mine since Dec 26. Nice piece of equipment but having to map all buttons... and that is a pain as it does not recognise all, specially the thumb / wheel dials. It also seems that you cannot simply use the same setting as the prior F1 rim. Eg my F1 rim is set to 320, new rim needs to be set at 350-370 degrees. 

    Anyway...enjoy your wheel on Monday!
    Damn the rotary thumb dials were the feature I was most looking forward to!  Being able to adjust brake bias and diff settings per corner/sector...I guess I'll figure it out though...maybe after the new year Codies will work on adding support for the wheel
  • scottishwildcatscottishwildcat Member, Drivers Champion
    edited January 2
    jrod22145 said:
    maybe after the new year Codies will work on adding support for the wheel
    Maybe for F1 2019, if you're lucky.
    Braked: the past tense of brake.
    Broke, brokenanything within reach when I hear racing gamers say 'broke' instead of 'braked'.
  • HMantykHMantyk Member New Car Smell
    The rotary thumb dials are working (on PC) as four buttons.
    I've set them to fuel and ECS management - really easy to use.
    Actually all can be mapped, except the three rotaries in the middle,
    but i have no use for them anyway. One of them can't be used in
    games, becaus it selects one of four modes of the analog paddles.
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    Just spent the better part of the last 6 hours setting up the csl elite ps4 base, clubsport f1 2018 rim, and clubsport v3 pedals to find out the functionality of the rim on ps4 is horrendous and my gas pedal doesn’t register and I think the brake is only reading 50%...story of my life...gonna go at it again in the am...maybe I should have got a pc before I upgraded my wheel
  • Lippi1886Lippi1886 Member Unleaded
    jrod22145 said:
    Just spent the better part of the last 6 hours setting up the csl elite ps4 base, clubsport f1 2018 rim, and clubsport v3 pedals to find out the functionality of the rim on ps4 is horrendous and my gas pedal doesn’t register and I think the brake is only reading 50%...story of my life...gonna go at it again in the am...maybe I should have got a pc before I upgraded my wheel
    Mine works fine, did you make the firmware update? Do you have the "normal" or the special edition F1 Clubsport Rim? You have to set new max and lows on PC first.
    PSN: SAL_LippiArsenal
    League Racer at www.sevenasleague.de
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    edited January 8
    I have the special edition...I got it working the next day by unselecting the manual calibration setting and just using the auto...the problem is that there’s no profile on the game so a lot of the main features of the wheel can’t be used...absolutely love the wheel and pedals though...still working on the brake pedal a little

    Edit: All the firmware is updated and all the buttons and switches and stuff work in the Fanatec software on the computer it’s in the actual game and on the PS4 that they aren’t recognized or mappable 
  • Lippi1886Lippi1886 Member Unleaded
    edited January 9
    jrod22145 said:
    I have the special edition...I got it working the next day by unselecting the manual calibration setting and just using the auto...the problem is that there’s no profile on the game so a lot of the main features of the wheel can’t be used...absolutely love the wheel and pedals though...still working on the brake pedal a little

    Edit: All the firmware is updated and all the buttons and switches and stuff work in the Fanatec software on the computer it’s in the actual game and on the PS4 that they aren’t recognized or mappable 
    Which buttons aren't mappable? It's a know issue that you can't map the 12-way multi-position switches and the thump encoders.
    PSN: SAL_LippiArsenal
    League Racer at www.sevenasleague.de
  • ZenRazoZenRazo Member Unleaded
    edited January 9
    I'm really hoping that Codemasters will make the rotary dials and thumb encoders mappable. Taking into consideration that FANATEC are the primary Sponsor for their eSport division. Also the Limited Edition F1 wheel in question is the "F1 2018" licensed wheel.  
    What more do Codemasters need to be motivated to act on this ASAP?
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    Lippi1886 said:
    jrod22145 said:
    I have the special edition...I got it working the next day by unselecting the manual calibration setting and just using the auto...the problem is that there’s no profile on the game so a lot of the main features of the wheel can’t be used...absolutely love the wheel and pedals though...still working on the brake pedal a little

    Edit: All the firmware is updated and all the buttons and switches and stuff work in the Fanatec software on the computer it’s in the actual game and on the PS4 that they aren’t recognized or mappable 
    Which buttons aren't mappable? It's a know issue that you can't map the 12-way multi-position switches and the thump encoders.
    Also the two switches and the left funky stick aka joystick 
  • Lippi1886Lippi1886 Member Unleaded
    jrod22145 said:
    Lippi1886 said:
    jrod22145 said:
    I have the special edition...I got it working the next day by unselecting the manual calibration setting and just using the auto...the problem is that there’s no profile on the game so a lot of the main features of the wheel can’t be used...absolutely love the wheel and pedals though...still working on the brake pedal a little

    Edit: All the firmware is updated and all the buttons and switches and stuff work in the Fanatec software on the computer it’s in the actual game and on the PS4 that they aren’t recognized or mappable 
    Which buttons aren't mappable? It's a know issue that you can't map the 12-way multi-position switches and the thump encoders.
    Also the two switches and the left funky stick aka joystick 
    Yes, you're right! I think we have to wait for F1 2019 for full support of this wheel...
    PSN: SAL_LippiArsenal
    League Racer at www.sevenasleague.de
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    I’m still holding out hope that since it wasn’t to be released until the 15th that around then they will release a patch for the wheel to make it usable in the game...it’s hard to say though b.c. Codies PR department doesn’t keep up informed at all
  • 1512marcel1512marcel Member, Drivers Champion
    I'm postponing my buy till I'm certain there will be support on this wheel in 2019 on the Xbox. Fanatec is being mysterious about support from Microsoft telling they are working on it/or it's being looked into. My guess is we have to depend on support from the devs.

    If you use ABS or Traction Control, you are no longer a racing driver.

    1512Marcel

    If I get a few more questions about my driving style I think I headbutt someone.

    Max Verstappen

  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    Unfortunately us PS4 users didn’t have much of a choice but to order the limited edition on Black Friday or be forced to buy the podium dd package that comes with the same wheel in blue but you can’t buy it by itself 
  • ZenRazoZenRazo Member Unleaded
    It would be good to just hear from Codemasters.... a simple "yes" we are looking to incorporate all buttons and dials in a future patch or "yes" it will have fully functionality in the new game F1 2019.
    OR
    "No" we have no plans on integrating an "OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT FOR OUR GAME"
    That last option would suck but atleast we would know.
    I guess it's just wishful thinking 
  • jrod22145jrod22145 Member Unleaded
    ZenRazo said:
    It would be good to just hear from Codemasters.... a simple "yes" we are looking to incorporate all buttons and dials in a future patch or "yes" it will have fully functionality in the new game F1 2019.
    OR
    "No" we have no plans on integrating an "OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT FOR OUR GAME"
    That last option would suck but atleast we would know.
    I guess it's just wishful thinking 
    That’s the MOST frustrating part of dealing with Codemasters and buying/playing their games...they are literally more secretive than the real F1 teams...if that’s one of their strategies to make the game more immersive and realistic then Kudos to them because they hit that aspect out of the park...10/10 in my book...but seriously the last thing we’ve heard out of Codies was when patch 1.15 was released back on December 6th
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    jrod22145 said:
    ZenRazo said:
    It would be good to just hear from Codemasters.... a simple "yes" we are looking to incorporate all buttons and dials in a future patch or "yes" it will have fully functionality in the new game F1 2019.
    OR
    "No" we have no plans on integrating an "OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT FOR OUR GAME"
    That last option would suck but atleast we would know.
    I guess it's just wishful thinking 
    That’s the MOST frustrating part of dealing with Codemasters and buying/playing their games...they are literally more secretive than the real F1 teams...if that’s one of their strategies to make the game more immersive and realistic then Kudos to them because they hit that aspect out of the park...10/10 in my book...but seriously the last thing we’ve heard out of Codies was when patch 1.15 was released back on December 6th
    You're not dealing with Codemasters. You are shouting into the void and hoping they'll see this. You would have an answer if you were actually "dealing" with them.
  • peterf1peterf1 Member Unleaded
    Codemasters is CIA

    **************************************************
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.