Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Steering faliure

KMS0107KMS0107 Member New Car Smell
Hi, at every third/fourth times I race duel, my steering bugs as if steering sensitivity would be 0! I cannot turn the car.
I have never experienced this before the update. I stopped duel, because I have already lost an awfully lot of points.
Please make a debug and a repair!
Post edited by KMS0107 on

Comments

• KMS0107KMS0107 Member New Car Smell
    That happens independently from which track I race.
    Wow! Now I know... when my safety rating goes below a certain level, the game takes away my steering.
    That is highly unfair, since I do all to avoid contacts. The contacts I have is due to agressive players or AI cars. I’d agree with such, if judgement for agressive driving would be fair. The code is not yet that advanced to make fair judgement. Try identifying clear misbehaviours, and punish only those.
  • jsmoove8jsmoove8 Member New Car Smell
    I'm getting this steering issue as well. Mine always seem to happen when I'm ahead of the other person having a great clean race and then it comes up to a turn and I go right off the track or crashed into driver. I've gotten a couple dnf from the crashes. It's got so bad now that when it does happen I quit so my safety rating isn't effected by it a game bug
  • whocaresnotmewhocaresnotme Member New Car Smell
    I completely agree. Very disappointing. 
    KMS0107 said:
    Wow! Now I know... when my safety rating goes below a certain level, the game takes away my steering.
    That is incorrect! Steering problem has nothing to do with safety rating. I’m on SR 2.7, and yet it did it again. I started duel with grid start at Abu, and was not able to turn the car the slightest, and hit the wall.
    This is simply a game bug. There must be something that sets steering to zero.
    DEBUG guys asap!

• charliecs2charliecs2 Member New Car Smell
    Same problem !! When I turn the wheel (config. 2)... the car does not turn and goes straight !!
    For me... It comes from the last update !
    I lost a lot of cup points (more than 1200 !!). I paid for that and this is inacceptable !!!
  • ChrisGrovesMCMChrisGrovesMCM Member Community Manager
    Hey all - we can see that this is affecting some players since Update 2 and are looking into the matter. Would you be able to let me know which devices you're all playing on please? Info like this would help us massively! Thanks :smile:
  • charliecs2charliecs2 Member New Car Smell
    I played with my iPad (but now... impossible with it) and with my iPhone... sometimes for 1 to 2 runs before it fails...
    Hey all - we can see that this is affecting some players since Update 2 and are looking into the matter. Would you be able to let me know which devices you're all playing on please? Info like this would help us massively! Thanks :smile:
    Hi, I'm glad to see you look deep into the issue. I play with iPad (model MGKL2FD/A) iOS 12.11.
    Thanks.
  • BigRickAuBigRickAu Member New Car Smell

I have had the same random problem with the steering in both duels and single races. I have also done a device reset immediately before starting the game and only having it open but it makes no difference to the frequency of occurrence. It also makes no difference if I reset the options immediately before starting the duel or single race. I have also tried to go to settings during the failed race and rest the steering but to no effect. Once I quit the car starts steering before the DNF screen comes up. There is no point in duels as I lose too many cup points. I am running iOS 12.1.2 on a 128 GB IPhone 6S+
  • StKnowhereStKnowhere Member New Car Smell
    Haven't seen this so far using an iPad Pro.

In addition to my previous comment above. I just tried to play a duel after successfully completing a single event and the steering failed (yeah I know what was I thinking ...) and I noticed that the other player was also pending for all sectors even though I had been trying everything to get the settings to change. It occured to me that when this happens usually the opponent gets a DNF or pending as well. It was also apparent that once I quit the game full steering returns and the program went to full lock even though I couldn’t get any steering control at all. Hope this helps.  
    KMS0107 said:
    Hi, I'm glad to see you look deep into the issue. I play with iPad (model MGKL2FD/A) iOS 12.11.
    Thanks.
    In addition to the type of device and op system, maybe it is a clue, that the steering method is the ‘Tilting device’, when it fails.
    If I change back to left-right steering, than it works. When I switch back to tilting device steering method, it doesn’t work.