Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

"Goodbye 2018, Hello 2019": 2019 is Here!

Well that's the end of 2018. I can't believe how fast 2018 has gone. It's over now, but it's time to move on and start a new year; 2019. :)

McStanley

A DiRT Video Games Fan

Comments

• KittyFit90KittyFit90 Member Wheel Nut
    Was a good year for me, that makes 4 in a row now. 2014 was a bit dodgy :)
    I am such a nerd LOL

Hey all I am away till the end of Jan, on a dig in NZ. 
  • McStanleyMcStanley Member Wheel Nut
    What was wrong with 2014? I liked 2014. I have great memories form that year. McStanley
    A DiRT Video Games Fan
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Well I'll bring the mood down then, the last good year I had was 2009.
    2009?! That's 10 years ago. Why so long ago?

McStanley
    A DiRT Video Games Fan
  • HughesyHughesy Member Champion
    Because that's when I was diagnosed with my medical condition, being in pain 24/7 isn't fun. It's why I got into gaming so big because I couldn't be active and I use it as escapism.

Like not every year has been super bad.
  • KittyFit90KittyFit90 Member Wheel Nut
    edited January 3
    I'm sorry to hear that @Hughesy ; I had some really bad years, especially as a teen.

2014 started with move to England was so nervous, frightened, terrified really. First day at the university was terrible I laughed at my professor inappropriately, got a very strange look back (he understands now I laugh like an idiot when I'm scared LOL). Second day I lost the key to my office and had to get the locksmith. By around April I had convinced myself I was way out of my depth and would have my scholarship retracted any minute. Still hadn't made any friends, anyone I spoke too thought I was a total weirdo (I am tho in their defense). I missed my parents terribly. In late July I went home to Australia and cried a lot with no intention of going back. My Dad convinced me to return, mum and dad kept me company for most of August then they went home. September I wrote out a letter to my professor explaining why I was abandoning my study but didnt send it. October, November I can barely recall just a sense of growing anxiety and dread (if I read my work from those months its frankly terrible I mustve been pretty bad) Mum and Dad came back to the UK for Christmas, was nice. Dad again talked me into staying on. I was in England new years eve it was too cold and I was very lonely. I had been there a year and I was convinced my study was a total disaster that all my supervisors thought I was a fraud but didn't have the heart to tell me. I remember it being about 11:30pm was when I decided I was going to jump out my window at midnight. I was very drunk and getting angry and I kinda went 'f it' threw a bottle of wine at the wall and went to bed. Just like that I reached my breaking point I guess. 

2015 was like a walk in the clouds. That march I won an award and got my first article published, so it kinda sank in that the scholarship hadn't been a fluke and I was actually decent at what I was doing. I met another total weirdo on campus and we are still very good friends (though she disputes everything I say about my scientific theory), Life seemed easier, 2015 blurred into 2016 really, went so fast. I went into the field aced it and graduated end of 2016 (Phd delivered right on time 3 years that is like a miracle in of itself). Moved home, then got a sick job and here we are 2 years on and life seems so easy nowdays. If I could go back to my teen self or 2014 I'd slap myself so hard HAHA
    Post edited by KittyFit90 on
    I am such a nerd LOL

Hey all I am away till the end of Jan, on a dig in NZ. 
    @Hughesy and @KittyFit90

I'm to read about both of your troubles and issues you have / had. :)

McStanley
    A DiRT Video Games Fan
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    Hughesy said:
    Because that's when I was diagnosed with my medical condition, being in pain 24/7 isn't fun. It's why I got into gaming so big because I couldn't be active and I use it as escapism.

Like not every year has been super bad.
    Yeah I think that's why I'm so into games as my disability makes it hard for me to do much else.

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto