Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

2400 to 1700 after buying car.

I was stalling out on progress and bought the McLaren to get a competitive part. What a mistake. The bots crash into me all of the time. I’m consistently 1/2 second behind on all starts... the rolling starts the other player slingshots ahead after the countdown. The front end is unbelievably twitchy. The steering will be rock solid the toe in and the race is over. 
I didn’t expect to win all the time after buying a car but I certainly didn’t think that it was going to be a rip off. It’s a rip off. 

Comments

• StKnowhereStKnowhere Member New Car Smell
     The Red Bull  car goes into snap oversteer without warning.
  • Dimon111Dimon111 Member New Car Smell
    Stop talking nonsense. All machines have a different point of view, this is the reason. It’s just a 3D model. I myself ride a McLaren, a rating of 9999 is no problem, but I have to learn to drive, after the basic model is much more difficult, I also changed the settings of the machine for McLaren
  • Dimon111Dimon111 Member New Car Smell
    You just buy a 3D skin, that's all. There are no technical features for different cars.
  • ChrisGrovesMCMChrisGrovesMCM Member Community Manager
    I was stalling out on progress and bought the McLaren to get a competitive part. What a mistake. The bots crash into me all of the time. I’m consistently 1/2 second behind on all starts... the rolling starts the other player slingshots ahead after the countdown. The front end is unbelievably twitchy. The steering will be rock solid the toe in and the race is over. 
    I didn’t expect to win all the time after buying a car but I certainly didn’t think that it was going to be a rip off. It’s a rip off. 
    Hello! Aside from the Blueprint you receive when purchasing a car from the Shop, there are no technical/performance differences between the official cars. It might be worth checking your R&D setup to ensure it is the same as the setup for your custom car :smile:
  • StKnowhereStKnowhere Member New Car Smell
    Are you saying setups are car dependent?  Not for me?

I just tried again and the Redbull car is much more suceptible to oversteer with the same setup as CC01?