Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ
and Forum Rules
before you get started.
50 Days... Anyone else on the fence and have questions?
So this isn’t one for the #noVRnobuy or #noBDGnobuy crowd and it’s not one for the ‘already ordered’ people, but for anyone else on the fence about pre-ordering, I’m wondering if there’s certain information that you’re looking for with 50 days before 'early access' commences?
To be honest, I’m hoping that at some point @ChristinaMc
can sort out a Q&A thread or stream for answering some of the more specific details, but understand everyone is probably rushing to meet the deadlines so that’s probably not feasible at this point, so I thought I’d list some of the key info I’m looking for to make up my mind about whether to order before or after launch and, if before, which version.
So here's my list, I'd be very interested to hear yours.
- Stages - how many ‘long stages’ per location, approximately how many kilometres of rally stage are there in total and the location of the Australian and American stages.
- Car list - will come during Jan. Hoping to see the Stratos restored to the correct class
- DLC structure - will come during Jan.
- Career mode - ideally a walkthrough or proper Q&A on this. It sounds more like DR’s than D4’s, which would be great (I thought it was much better) but I’d like to know how it will work.
- Rally structure - how itineraries and stages will be showcased. How will multi class work (if there are 150 settings in road degradation, I assume we must have some events with at least 5 categories)? Can we see the list of stages before the event, along with times of day? Will they be split into more realistic 'loops' of repeated stages rather than seemingly drawn at random?
- ‘Hardcore’ mode - curious to see how this damage model works and what size knock we’re talking about. Are we finally past the days of a 13 second penalty for rolling into a tree? In DR1, a mistake on the last stage at Monte Carlo could cost you and points from the event, whereas a mistake at Wales would cost you 30 seconds and potentially a place or two.
- AI - I know this one is unlikely, but I’d like to know how AI are generated per level for custom events or in championships. Will it be easy to win at lower levels, as per D4 or a fight, like DR?
- Physics - I’m sated re: RWD physics and sold on the Poland R5 stream (less so about tarmac, but that’s not much content at launch), but I’m intrigued to see some more about the difference between hard and soft, new and worn out tyres and back to back comparison of the stages in different levels of ‘wear’.
'Wrong' answers (ones I don't like) won't necessarily stop me from ordering, but I would like to know the answers to above before making an informed decision. Things like multiplayer, FFB and wheel support won't really affect me (I'm assuming the G29 will be covered), but I expect plenty will justifiably be waiting for more information on those before committing, so I'm wondering if you have any personal things you're looking out for or information you 'need' to know before taking the next step?
No ire towards Codemasters or people who have different opinions to you please, I'm just interested in the info that is important to some users here.
Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!