Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

Which Dirt 4 Cars can be tuned to drive more like Dirt Rally on gravel rally?

Hi mates,
with Dirt Rally 2 around the corner I was wondering if there are some cars from Dirt 4 which can be tuned to be more like Dirt Rally. For me, I am only interested in gravel rally atm. I already read to make the differentials open/soft to make the car more oversteer. So until now I tested the 2000s Impreza and the Evo 6 (or 5?, the old one). For the Evo I notice that I get a lot more oversteer with the changed settings. However the strange Dirt 4 behaviour where you set your car up for the next turn, turn in, slide and then the front wants to turn back straight is still there.

Can you name any cars where tuning works better regarding a set up which feels more like Dirt Rally? I know there are tuning guides which explain all settings in detail. But as they explain the "real" effects of tuning they should be identical between Dirt Rally and Dirt 4, correct? That is why I am asking for specific tuning, which helps to make some cars of Dirt 4 feel more like Dirt Rally - if possible.

Maybe someone can help.

Comments

• DytutDytut Member Champion
    The R5s behave best of the 4WD cars, so I'd start with them. FWD cars also behave decently. 
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• boganibogani Member Champion
    The N4 Impreza is the best car in D4 on all surfaces imo. 
  • RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    bogani said:
    Don't think I even got around to trying that class out - thanks for the recommendation.
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • gk9147gk9147 Member Unleaded
    for me if i want more slide with 4wd 
    I put the car higher , I harden the rear anti-roll bar, and I increase the rear differential (acceleration ramps
      to be more precise) and I lower the front ramp  accelerations , I lower the camber rear ( 0 for off road and 0.10
    approximately for tarmac because sometimes i want  grip for fast sector ( but with  little camber you need  good setup for other parts of the car   )
      , (the alignment can be used but it wears the tires faster (I do not do it anymore)) but for the 90 car , you need  adjust a part of the differential (I do not have the name) if you increase, the difference between the front and the rear will be felt, and at this time you need adjust your differential but usually if you put it too high you will have very bad reaction of the car. warning, you need to adjust the front setup too, and do not change everything at the same time, otherwise you will not know what your problems will be, adjust to each shakedown.
    sorry for my bad english and bad ponctution .

• RodgerDaviesRodgerDavies Member Champion
    Good post @gk9147 - thanks .                 
    Put the Stratos back in H2 please!!!
  • KrusiKrusi Member Unleaded
    Dytut said:
    The R5s behave best of the 4WD cars, so I'd start with them. FWD cars also behave decently. 
    Thx! I tested the Hyundai i20 and it is quite good.
    bogani said:
    This one really feels way better and closer to Dirt Rally. Thx!