Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

10 year career?

evening all,

codemasters has now now been producing F1 since 2009, (I know they have been producing F1 games since 1987, but I talking current licence), with 2019 being the 10th year, how good would career mode be, if you started in 2009 and raced each year until 2019? Just me or would anyone else like to see this too?

Comments

• sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion

Interesting idea but it won't happen as the license they carry is only valid for the active season anything else costs extra

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• ChironTheseusChironTheseus Member Co-Driver
    edited January 10
    Does this mean no F1 in 2020? We may be forced into retirement..
     But yes have the teams, cars and driver lineups from all 10 years together, one after another, back to back, would be quite an amazing experience. I can't even do this on Steam as I got 2013 on PS3 and now its out of license as well as others. Maybe in 3000 that generation gaming will have no limits at all! But until then any additions like this thinking are very welcome in 2019.
    Carystus PS4 Pro
    "The fact is I don't drive just to get from A to B. I enjoy feeling the car's reactions, becoming part of it." ~Enzo Ferrari
  • UP100UP100 Member Race Engineer
    No let's not do the licensing reason again, as we probably don't know it... It's very unlikely to happen.
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Race Steward
    Maybe each year for the game Codies should do a vote on here for one particular season we’d all like to be able to play from start to finish to have as an extra for the game. I know it’s probably difficult for them to get permissions from sponsors but I do think they could do it somewhere down the line. I do think the limitations of the F1 games really hold them back sadly and they do need a bit of variety to encourage more replay-ability.  
  • bassserbassser Member Wheel Nut
    Does this mean no F1 in 2020? We may be forced into retirement..
     But yes have the teams, cars and driver lineups from all 10 years together, one after another, back to back, would be quite an amazing experience. I can't even do this on Steam as I got 2013 on PS3 and now its out of license as well as others. Maybe in 3000 that generation gaming will have no limits at all! But until then any additions like this thinking are very welcome in 2019.
    just remember that they will already add F2 for 2019 and will also work on adding F3 in the following year... they wont do that multiple season stuff. although I really liked the feauture from F1 2015, where you had the option to change to the 2014 mode,
    F1 2017 Beta Tester | League Racer | Thrustmaster T500 RS | PC | F1 Gaming since F1 97