Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

What do you want in F1 2014? GAME IDEAS

We all know that we want something new in F1 2014 so share your ideas below

Comments

• MiniChederzMiniChederz Member New Car Smell
    Fixes:
    • Fix the online lag where cars are teleporting forwards and backwards.
    • Fix the kerbs on certain tracks (mainly Abu Dhabi). I am sick of getting auto-spun on that track. You guys managed to make a track with a nice layout into a nightmare to drive on.
    • Fix the sidepod glitch where you spin out if you touch the side of a car.
    • Fix the audio glitch where car sounds just fade in and out randomly.
    • Fix the glitch where people get auto-retired online during quali and their car stays on track and blocks other people who are trying to set a lap.

Things I like about F1 2013:
    • Although a lot of people don't like the higher tyre wear system in F1 2013, I do like it. It makes races A LOT more interesting and strategy has a key role in races now.
    • You have to be careful on the throttle when not using traction control. This introduces a bit more skill into the racing especially in the wet.
    Ideas:
    • Maybe introduce some sort of league system online.
    • Make single player career more interesting. I got to Malaysia before I got bored and stopped.

Extra:
    Please do not reintroduce bugs from the past into F1 2014. Keep the online cars equal, make sure everyone can go just as fast no matter what their frame rate is (PC) etc.
    League racing has a huge part in the F1 2013 community so maybe introduce some features to benefit league racing or at least fix the horror which is online racing on F1.

• moogleslammoogleslam Member Race Steward
    I agree about leaving tire wear as it is.  Re-introducing that to F1 2013 was by far the best thing about the game.  Please don't change that again, Codies!  Unlike F1 2012, F1 2013 races are once again about strategyin addition to the racing which is exactly how Formula 1 should be.
    Fun, fair, and clean racing for all skill levels!
  • Recon1kRecon1k Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2014
    I also have just a couple things off the top of my head that I'd like to see in 2014 in terms of immersion. That's always been the biggest selling point for me for any game. I want to be immersed. I want to feel like I can get away for a few hours from my real life, and be in a different world.

Firstly, as I'm sure a lot of people have talked about, is updating the race engineer. I understand there were thousands of lines of dialog and reusing them was much more time efficient, however, I'd love to see a new engineers voice with all new dialog. But more importantly, it would be great if he had maybe 3 or 4 different phrases for the same issue, and which ever one he said was randomized. At least that way we wouldn't be hearing the exact same thing all the time for one radio message. In essence, we just want a more lifelike, immersive race engineer.

Secondly, the before and especially after race animations and cut scenes. I was shocked to see the same ones reused from 2012 to 2013. All I'd like to see is new and improved ones. How about stuff like the podium winners meeting up in green room with towels and water congradulating each other? Or them coming out around the corner onto the podium and raising their hands to the crowd on the tarmac? Heck, let's go even further and have them spraying each other and the podium girls with champagne lol? Yeah I know that last one might be a little far fetched, but we're just looking for something different Codies.

I still play and absolutely love F1 2013 because it is a great game; I'm just hoping F1 2014 and Codemasters truly take advantage of the next gen capabilities and blow us away.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    I would ilke to see the Amateur AI pace either brought down or a new level at beginner level too as the Amateur level as it stands is just too fast and aggressive and having to use cheats to get around this in 2013 isn't really on

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• CalvinhermseCalvinhermse Member New Car Smell
    For on;ine I'd only like to see the bug fixed there the AI is treated as an Online player, and can cause massive internet lag.
  • bluwatersbluwaters Member Unleaded
    One thing that i think would be nice and add a bit of the realistic feel to the game is the ability to control your car in the pits.  This 'automatic take over' is very unrealistic.  Let drivers be able to control their pit speed and control and get penalties if they forget to engage the speed limiter.  It would add that sense of realism we are missing. :)

- blu
  • Scotty45Scotty45 Member New Car Smell
    I don't know about anyone else, but I loved the before and after parts of the race weekends in F1 2010, where you had the press interviews! Yeah maybe it wasn't everyones cup of tea but you could always add the option to turn it off! I just think it would add a little something to Career mode, maybe expanding it so you could earn sponsors for yourself and your team. I like the idea of doing well in press interviews helps your public appeal, thus helping you attracts sponsors! If you don't do well, no one wants to work with you! I was gutted when I got F1 2012 and it had gone!
  • HattaHatta Member Pit Crew
    Great stuff here guys. Keep the ideas coming. 
    Twitter: LukeSpringUK  
  • Number44Number44 Member Unleaded
    It really depends on what Codemasters want to make....

- Reliability, Drive-ability and Realism (Graphics,player interaction etc.) all need to be brought forward a step.  

Vintage Hamilton

• daemundaemun Member Wheel Nut
    edited April 2014
    Keep tire management challenging and dont forget about this years fuel management. People will complain about difficulty so just give them an easy mode right off the bat. But PLEASE ensure that AI are fully simulated and suffer from tire wear and fuel issues based on their difficulty level and that they dont run perfect runs with maximum tire life and perfect fuel management every race. If an AI car should make mistakes like spins or lock ups and it should affect their tire wear resulting in slower laps and early pits. AI shouldnt be capable of driving like superhumans on worn tires. They should be fast and challenging in perfect condition but suffer the same as we do as a result of wear and damage.

And please let us hear the DRS beep :) 
    Post edited by daemun on
  • Richard75Richard75 Member New Car Smell
    edited April 2014
    I would love to see a number of things if they could be done: 1) if people want interviews instead of in the paddock how about on the grid with the real Martin Brundle asking the questions 2) one of the early games not sure it was a codemasters game or not but they did the warm up lap. Also would love to see the warm down lap as well so you can do a Vettel 3) if someone hits you they get a pen not you!! And also it will be on both ps3 and ps4!!
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Member Champion
    daemun said:
    Keep tire management challenging and dont forget about this years fuel management. People will complain about difficulty so just give them an easy mode right off the bat. But PLEASE ensure that AI are fully simulated and suffer from tire wear and fuel issues based on their difficulty level and that they dont run perfect runs with maximum tire life and perfect fuel management every race. If an AI car should make mistakes like spins or lock ups and it should affect their tire wear forcing resulting in slower laps and early pits. AI shouldnt be capable of driving like superhumans on worn tires. They should be fast and challenging in perfect condition but suffer the same as we do as a result of wear and damage.

And please let us hear the DRS beep :) 
    agreed I think that's part of the problem with 2013 too in that the AI doesn't ever slow down or get's affected by things like the player does. I think though as long as they can get that right and adjust the difficulties so that the lowest level is on par with the driving aisd within the game like they were in the first 3 games then if they want to add the more sim like stuff for the moer hardcore player thwen I'm not against it. They seem to be having problems in trying to decide 2whether to cater for one or the other when really they should be catering for both. Most games seem to be able to do this so it is a little strange to see games that can't

In war victory, In peace vigilance, In death sacrifice -grey warden motto

• Snake9400Snake9400 Member New Car Smell
    Racing in a League - Leagues are the mass majority of people to keep playing these games up to the release of the next.

• Online Practice Sessions are a must. So much time is wasted having to restart the qualifying session. Which causes no online high fuel runs to be tested. (15 minutes is not long enough, why is there no online practice - like there is single player practice)
    • Controller users shouldn't have any advantages, therefore equal.
    • The host of the server should be able to chose where each driver starts if necessary.
    • Setups which actually mean something, not 1-11.
    • 22 Player Grids
    FUSION F1 Racing League