Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

MastaVonBlastaMastaVonBlasta Member, Drivers Team Principal
Hello,

I've been following tweets, hints, interviews and posts appearing from Codemasters on the next rally game. I wanted to put the information in one place so that we can all try reading too much into it all :)

If you spot a hint or an article please post in this thread - cheers!

(Arranged in a slightly random order...)

Codies Weekly Update blog entry 11-04.2014
It’s like the calm before the storm this week, developers are getting builds ready, the PR guys are preparing PR stuff and the Community Team are busy teasing something… 
When I read the above I got very excited! The teaser next week may be for the next racing game (GRID TOCA?), F1 2014 (too early in the year IMO) or :| maybe just maybe the next rally game. Even a gaming site picked up this teasing paragraph :)

Throwback Thursday tweets

#tbt can mean many things, but I'll read into this what I want - the next game will be much closer to CMR series than ever :)

Great write up by @justbiglee on what DiRT devs were up to when they travelled to Wales to spectate on WRC Rally Wales GB. Would they bother if they weren't making something? :)

Very interesting insight into how Paul and Jon decided to compete as a team on rally stages. So now chief designer on the next rally game is an active co-driver and project manager is a rally driver? I'd say that's a pretty good set up for developing an authentic rally game :)

Drivers visiting Codies
Tom Cave

Liam Doran

David Binks

(I think there were others, but I can't find them just now)

'so unbelievably stoked about the whole direction we're going in and the authenticity we've managed to get just from basically stripping back the system right down to its core; and starting building it back up piece by piece. It still feels like a great rally game, but it's so much more authentic in every way'

Other hints/snippets/guesses:
@dirtgame tweeting about WRC, Dakar and RX 
A short video posted by DiRT Art Director showing an innovative in-car camera view (video was later taken down)

To be continued...

Post edited by MastaVonBlasta on
Twitter: MastaVonBlasta ¬ Bobby K fan ¬ Next one will be the one.

Comments