Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

1111711181119112011211123»

Comments

• DytutDytut Member Team Principal
    BTW Codies, for the next rally game please consider having 2-3 different default setups for the cars from the start. Understeer/Neutral/Oversteer. Would solve a lot of the problems with default setups being good/bad/not to my liking.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• SkyRexSkyRex Member Co-Driver
    edited August 12

When you, once again, need all the road available, to get that damn beast around the bend XD

I found that the Audi was really snappy and unpredictable at first and tried to find a better car in Grp B... But uncovered that imho all drove like an untamed stallion.  So I thought, If I have to invest some finetuning-time I can also pick the car I like most visually.  And now I have a Quattro that is finally somewhat predictable to drive (at least on gravel for now) :)  Even got some Top 10 times and am now the fastest Audi and quickest german on some stages :)
    Didn't fail to notice though: Those many finnish people seem to be very competent in digital rallying too... It has to be something up there in the culture, that they learn such intuitive car-control. maybe I should further investigate that

But OT to get that lame-ass Gossip flow a little rolling again: Someone else noticed a Greek Flag in Sweden?? I sincerly still hope that Alvarez is the DLC-hint to Argentina and that the Greek Flag is just an old asset they had laying around. But maybe it's more than that? (Hopefully not, tricky narrow Argentina heavy Rocks ftw! )
    EDIT: Why I mention a flag? All other flags ingame are from locations, that are also featured ingame. Was the same in DR. Greece is not in D4, so this stands out.
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    I don't know, I think the Fins are just good at rallying because they start at like 6 because they have nothing better to do. Don't really think it's an in born talent.
  • DidzisDidzis Member Race Engineer
    Dytut said:
    BTW Codies, for the next rally game please consider having 2-3 different default setups for the cars from the start. Understeer/Neutral/Oversteer. Would solve a lot of the problems with default setups being good/bad/not to my liking.
    Or just have one that is good, instead of being "safe"
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | MSI HD7870 OC | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT

DiRT2 | DiRT3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | GRID | GRID2 | GRID Autosport
  • WhiteWagonWhiteWagon Member Co-Driver
    Maybe the guy waving the Greek flag was eating a kebab pizza!
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    Since the Gossip thread is disgustingly empty..  I thought I would post this here:

I could see a simplified version of this in many racing sims in the future, it would make a whole new 'thing' like spending time making your branding suite.  

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    gfRally said:
    Since the Gossip thread is disgustingly empty..  I thought I would post this here:

I could see a simplified version of this in many racing sims in the future, it would make a whole new 'thing' like spending time making your branding suite.  
    That’s so cool! Although I can imagine that something like that could result in endless amount of swearing when you would have to fix everything yourself after rolling your virtual rally car 10 times.
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    gfRally said:

3 seconds in and it's a VR title. Meh, I'll just wait for My Summer Car to go on sale.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    gfRally said:

That looks like it could get boring pretty quickly to be honest 

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!