Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    The stages looks good, Imagine how many tiles you can make if you export those stages to D4, or DR with those stages, I am not convinced about the physics and they codriver (I hope some mods appear to change that voice) and also the rims are weird, doesnt look like at scale, or something is weird about them, every WRC of Kylotton has weird rims
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    after watching all available WRC 7 footage ..........................one big big big issue will be the lack of pace note detail/accuracy.As they made the tracks narrower and bumpier(as were asked for ) and due to the simplistic tile polygons structure,the car will be always upset at all but the softest suspension settings,necessitating the need for detailed notes!Looks like undulations in surface will catch out most on fast  corners,as they will not be in those simplistic and cheesy sounding pacenotes.
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    brought my copy so i guess i will see how it fears soon. :)
  • SkyRexSkyRex Member Race Steward
    Seen some more footage and yes, it's definitely a very low let's call it Road-Resolution. Even on Asphalt like Corsica or Germany there are a lot of sharp edges, which could explain, why the cars are shown with way to high ride-height and to soft springs for an asphalt event. Otherwise they might be to uncontrollable.
    But still, damn good Stage-Design in WRC 7 across the board. Everything looks and feels like the appropriate location and every stage feels dynamic with ever changing surroundings and challenges (apart from the crappy road).
    Maybe the crappy Road-Resolution is also part of what allows them to create so much stage content in one year. Does anyone know how big Kyloton is? Is it bigger in staff than CM?

I probably won't get it, since my current goal is to find a great Rally Sim with VR, to have a good enough reason to get VR. And WRC7 won't do VR, it`s already been confirmed. Speaking of VR, anyone seen those M$ mixed reality headsets? On paper they look perfect, higher res than Oculus/Vive and with Onboard-Tracking instead of external sensors, so it'd be easy to switch between Race-VR and for example Flight-VR. And tracking calc shall also be done on the device itself, leaving all PC capacity for smooth 90Hz rendering only. Sounds promising, but I don't like M$ and it's policies some of the time. probably best to wait for some reviews. Thoughts?

• LudwigVonMisesLudwigVonMises Member Wheel Nut
    @SkyRex they didn't do the 72 stages in a year. They took the WRC 6 stages, made them longer by adding new road, and made them narrower and bumpier.
    Oops, my math is totally off. 13x4=52, not 72! Still pretty impressive.

Now take off the 8 SSS stages and reverse the 44 that remain and there would be 88 stages and 8 SSS. I just don't get why they don't do this. Both DiRT Rally and Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO take advantage of reversing stages. For the devs it's one fewer stage to curate from scratch, and for us it's like a totally different stage: same turns, yes, but taken in a completely different manner.
  • Monkeyman707Monkeyman707 Member New Car Smell
    @SkyRex they didn't do the 72 stages in a year. They took the WRC 6 stages, made them longer by adding new road, and made them narrower and bumpier.
    Yup exactly this. And they did the same with wrc6 taking from wrc5 so some of us would have been playing these stages for 3 years  :/

Also kylotonn are rather small (approx 80 employees vs codemesters approx 400) which goes some way to explaining why they have focused only on one thing, the stages, and haven't really improved the sound
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    How many stages are there in wrc7? I tried to look but I couldn't find it

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

edited September 14
    52. The answer is two posts above  ;)
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion
    52. The answer is two posts above  ;)
    Sorry, got a bit confused with all the numbers. Is that 52 all new stages? That's a hell of a lot of work!

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

@RallyDriven as @Monkeyman707 pointed out, no, they are not all new. They have been re-using and expanding and improving existing stages since WRC 5. There are a couple new SSS, though.
  • WeamDreaverWeamDreaver Member Pit Crew
    SkyRex said:

Maybe the crappy Road-Resolution is also part of what allows them to create so much stage content in one year. Does anyone know how big Kyloton is? Is it bigger in staff than CM?
    Well, for any serious sim or even simcade title, a good sureface resolution is essential.
    Does anyone remember the last Test Drive titles? They had great environment, but the road surface was crazy low poly and driving on mountain roads was really no fun. You could literally feel (and see) each poly edge.
    size of team means nothing.sometimes just a couple of people can make the best game ever.

graphics isn't everything.see how it goes tomorrow. i always say if a games bad or good regardless and will be giving it a good go. :)
  • SlowishSlowish Member Wheel Nut
    How's the controller setup in WRC titles?

I tried to get SLRE working with my controllers and eventually abandoned the demo due to the game crashing every time I attempted to enter the control setup menu. I had been using RFPE to set my multiple controllers but, could never make any progress on the overall game controls.

PC Mobo MSi Z270 Pro / CPU Intel i7-7700k @4.2 ghz / RAM G.Skills RipJaws 32GB DDR4 / OS Windows 10 / GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 / Audio SoundBlaster ZX / Tactile OB Realtek (Extensions) / SB Audigy (Chassis) / Control AccuForce / OSW Mige (10k) SimuCube / CSS SQ / CST F1 Pedals / Displays 27" triples / Oculus CV-1

Slowish said:
    How's the controller setup in WRC titles?

I tried to get SLRE working with my controllers and eventually abandoned the demo due to the game crashing every time I attempted to enter the control setup menu. I had been using RFPE to set my multiple controllers but, could never make any progress on the overall game controls.
    There are constant complaints on the Facebook page about not being able to mix/match peripherals in WRC 6. I doubt much has changed for 7. I can't find a supported peripherals page for the game anywhere. Probably best to wait and see.
  • FedemaisonnaveFedemaisonnave Member, Drivers Co-Driver
    edited September 14

Clear winner, I had more expectations with the WRC 7 progress.
    Watching that video you value what D4 is
    Edit:

More dissapointed before I can install it, I hope it surprise me, buuuut It looks pretty impossible
    Post edited by Fedemaisonnave on
  • sqdstrsqdstr Member Race Steward

Clear winner, I had more hopes with the WRC 7 progress.
    I have to admit that I do like the engine sound of that Fiesta R5 more in WRC 7 than D4 though...
    edited September 14
    sqdstr said:

looks great  B) cdkeys has this for £20 and you get the day one porsche.
  • badaboum528badaboum528 Member New Car Smell
    sqdstr said:

Clear winner, I had more hopes with the WRC 7 progress.
    I have to admit that I do like the engine sound of that Fiesta R5 more in WRC 7 than D4 though...
    In Dirt 4, its the real sound of the Fiesta R5...