Welcome to the brand new Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    new cars are amazing ,how low they are and yet compliant enough to take all those curbs and bumps without upsetting the chassis much 
  • carpacarpa Member Co-Driver
    new cars are amazing ,how low they are and yet compliant enough to take all those curbs and bumps without upsetting the chassis much 
    Apart from the Hyundai. The i20 will break something every time the driver cuts too much :s
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • zissakos1zissakos1 Member Unleaded
    yes, I totally agree. Good to see that there are at lkeast some developers out there who are really listening and do support their products beyond release.
  • DoubleTenDoubleTen Member New Car Smell
    zissakos1 said:
    yes, I totally agree. Good to see that there are at lkeast some developers out there who are really listening and do support their products beyond release.
    Ouch
  • Madhun1967Madhun1967 Member Wheel Nut
    OUCHis right.....................PC2 just launched a big patch 
  • dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    when you come into a codies forum and see talking about pcars MY GOD ! :s

come on guys ! its never that bad.make me wanna put the wheel away forever.pull ya fingers out.
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    What else should we talk about? Racedriver Grid? 
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • SergeyTokarevSergeyTokarev Member Pit Crew
    edited October 14
    What else should we talk about?
    How about GT Sport? I had a busy week, wanted to try it today and what did I found? Servers are down till the release, game won't save in offline mode, no singleplayer carreer mode. New GT is basically "dead on arrival" for me.

Back to DiRT Rally and DiRT 4.

PSN ID: RadeonX1950
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Team Principal
    How about GT Sport? I had a busy week, wanted to try it today and what did I found? Servers are down till the release, game won't save in offline mode, no singleplayer carreer mode. New GT is basically "dead on arrival" for me.

Wow, Will is magic. His glasses just vanished.
  • badaboum528badaboum528 Member New Car Smell

The demo was over the 13th at 14:00 PDT. So maybe you tried after the deadline.
  • RallyDrivenRallyDriven Member Champion

No sp career? That's always my favourite part of racing games. I don't have a PS4 anyway, but that sounds like a big disappointment.

Michael

Real life rally co-driver and Full time agricultural student

-------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox One League - Michaels League - Feel free to join!

• SergeyTokarevSergeyTokarev Member Pit Crew
    No sp career? That's always my favourite part of racing games. I don't have a PS4 anyway, but that sounds like a big disappointment.
    I wasn't disappointed in DiRT 4, to be honest. But GT Sport seems to be the worst GT in my view.

PSN ID: RadeonX1950
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion

The demo was over the 13th at 14:00 PDT. So maybe you tried after the deadline.
    I just had another look at it (having downloaded it earlier in the week) and that is the message I am seeing, so I think @badaboum528 is right and you tried too late @SergeyTokarev...

...that said, I played it for a couple of evenings and, for the most part, I was pretty disappointed. I already knew that there were less options than previous GT games, but I didn't realize that the only SP content that is part of the game career is the license tests: all the races are online. Graphically it looks superb and the audio on the few cars I tried sounds way better than previous GT games, but what is the point in that when the only way to progress through the game hinges on whether you can find decent people to race with?  

I have bought every GT game either on, or just after, release. GT Sport is the first one I have no desire to purchase. Given how much GT6 was expanded on post-release I hope they do the same with GT Sport. If they were to add in a lot of SP (i.e. career) content, then I could be won back. For now though, my money is going elsewhere. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• Alf72Alf72 Member Pit Crew

CMR | DiRT | DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID AutoSport | F1 2013

Wheel - G27 | Pedals - G27 w/ Nixim Springs | Shifter - G27 | Handbrake - Extreme 3D Pro

" Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows " - Walter Rohrl

• McStanleyMcStanley Member New Car Smell
    I love the topic title of this thread, 'DiRTy'! That's a good play on a word!

Yes, I remember playing Colin McRae Rally 04 and Colin McRae Rally 2005, on my PlayStation 2. I enjoyed both. I no longer have these games, but I am not sure if I would enjoy playing them, not because they are bad games, because I don't think they are, but playing games on PlayStation 2's are just so boring because consoles are way out date now and become even more out of date when plug one into a flat screen HD TV, which makes the picture become a massive fuzz-ball!

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
    Alf72 said:

Thank you so much for posting those pages on Gran Turismo Sport, Alf22. I am really, really excited for my pre-order of it to arrive. Also, I need to get DiRT 4, as soon as possible too! Not good news for the bank account though! :)

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    McStanley said:
    Also, I need to get DiRT 4, as soon as possible too! Not good news for the bank account though! :)
    Can grab Dirt 4 from here for £28.95 ... https://www.coolshop.co.uk/product/dirt-4/AG6U9M?utm_medium=affiliate
    Is a good price. 

I know what you mean though, games can be quite expensive and tough on the bank balance at times :smile:
    Thank you so much for that link, stephensmattlee. I think I will find myself ordering DiRT 4, from that website tonight! :)

McStanley
    A DiRT Games Fan
  • stephensmattleestephensmattlee Member Wheel Nut
    Glad to help. Managed to grab it myself for a little more from Argos in a sale a few months back.