Welcome to the Codemasters Forums! Be sure to check the FAQ and Forum Rules before you get started.

DiRTy Gossip Thread

Comments

• F2CMaDMaXXF2CMaDMaXX Member Champion
    Drifting is one thing, drifting fast needs a handbrake.

Can anyone tell me why that dang thing costs $260!? :(
  • gfRallygfRally Member Champion

What I find odd is it doesn't look like a Big Brand commercial product.  I mean quality and functionality looks good.  But it looks like something I would build on my spare time.  The branding looks like an afterthought, that Sparco plate is like, "hey, I found a box of these plates, where can we put these".   Its not the fit and finish of a Fanatec product or even other TM products.

Yes the price is a little off too.  

Note: when it comes to Simpit items, outside of a wheel and gearbox I am all diy, I have access to CNC/Laser cutters, etc and have made many pieces for mine.  Its my hobby making and designing stuff and have pulled off some pretty realistic pieces.  So my eye always looks at an item and I think, could I make that?   For the most part I could with a lot of off the shelf parts.  I look at my Fanatec shifter, I cannot say that, same with my wheel, can't make that either.  

I do appreciate TM making the effort to expose more people to rally, and providing realistic functioning components to enhance that experience.  

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• MrDeapMrDeap Member Pit Crew
    nbates66 said:
    carpa said:
    Isn't the answer such that if you know how to drive you don't need a handbrake to drift? :smile:
    It's fascinating. Where did you learn that?

Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D
  • JZStudiosJZStudios Member Champion
    gfRally said:

What I find odd is it doesn't look like a Big Brand commercial product.  I mean quality and functionality looks good.  But it looks like something I would build on my spare time.  The branding looks like an afterthought, that Sparco plate is like, "hey, I found a box of these plates, where can we put these".   Its not the fit and finish of a Fanatec product or even other TM products.

Yes the price is a little off too.  

Note: when it comes to Simpit items, outside of a wheel and gearbox I am all diy, I have access to CNC/Laser cutters, etc and have made many pieces for mine.  Its my hobby making and designing stuff and have pulled off some pretty realistic pieces.  So my eye always looks at an item and I think, could I make that?   For the most part I could with a lot of off the shelf parts.  I look at my Fanatec shifter, I cannot say that, same with my wheel, can't make that either.  

I do appreciate TM making the effort to expose more people to rally, and providing realistic functioning components to enhance that experience.  
    Man, the Fanatec shifter is a freaking tank, and incredibly simply well designed.
    $260 for a TM handbrake makes me laugh though, I bet it's hideous on the inside.
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    MrDeap said:
    nbates66 said:
    carpa said:
    Isn't the answer such that if you know how to drive you don't need a handbrake to drift? :smile:

From any proper drift videos: hydraulic handbrakes and big power has become a substitute for proper technique. Quite a few drift Championships now forbid the use of handbrakes to initiate. 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• JepserttiJepsertti Member Petrol Head
    PC: Intel Core i7-2600 3.8GHz ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 O8G Gaming 8GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD | 2TB HDD Windows 10 Pro
    Wheel: Logitech G27 with custom rally rim | DSD steering wheel adapter | DSD longer shifter paddles | Modded brake
    Others: DSD Sequential shifter Rally seat Phone stand behind the wheel (for dashboard) Samsung 42" Full HD LED 3D TV

Steam username: JJBruce

• MrDeapMrDeap Member Pit Crew
    Can I have an example on a tight corner like in thrustmaster video without handbrake?

If it slower than using the handbrake, it's just dumb to level universe.
    Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K 4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|Gigabytes 980Ti G1 6GB|14TB storage|X-Fi Titanium HD|SuperNOVA 1300 G2|Corsair 800D
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Unleaded
    edited January 27
    MrDeap said:

It's a joke reference to a certain Anime :D 
    I wouldn't a clue on which is actually faster in practice.

I'm not sure if the blip of handbrake for some hairpins would be referred to as a "drift"...

• dgeesi0dgeesi0 Member Champion
    watch rally cross they constantly blip the handbrake.
  • nbates66nbates66 Member Unleaded
    edited January 27
    tbtstt said:
    MrDeap said:

From any proper drift videos: hydraulic handbrakes and big power has become a substitute for proper technique. Quite a few drift Championships now forbid the use of handbrakes to initiate. 
    I imagine these Drift championships aren't done with AWD vehicles on inconsistent road surfaces.
  • dani211212dani211212 Member Pit Crew
    It would be nice addition to Dirt4 or New Game

• DytutDytut Member Champion
    Now that is one of the most hideous cars ever made.
    Arete or 43. M. Andersson on steam/leaderboards.

• VirtuaIceManVirtuaIceMan Member Petrol Head
    edited February 1
  • tbtstttbtstt Member Champion
    Dytut said:
    Now that is one of the most hideous cars ever made.
    ^ That. The only Group B car I have zero interest in! 

"If In Doubt, Flat Out!"

• gfRallygfRally Member Champion
    even if its FUGLY its still more content.  Unfortunately no new Subaru pics.

twitch: gfrally    twitter: gflinch

• DidzisDidzis Member Team Principal

It's like someonr saw the Lancia Delta S4 once and tried to recreate it from memory, but wasn't very good at it 
    i5-3350P | Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 | MSI B75A-G43 Gaming | Gigabyte GTX650Ti Boost | Kingston HyperX Red 8GB | Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | WDC Blue 1TB | Corsair VS550 | Fractal-Design Core 3000 | Logitech Driving Force GT + Logitech Formula Force EX

DiRT 2 | DiRT 3 CE | DiRT Showdown | DiRT Rally | DiRT 4 | GRID | GRID 2 | GRID Autosport | F1 2015
  • KingOfCoinsKingOfCoins Member Champion
    Even if it’s ugly I’d still welcome it to be included. I kinda have a soft spot for less successful rallycars
    If you have everything under control, you're not going fast enough
    -Mario Andretti
  • carpacarpa Member Race Engineer

Up to... well NOW I didn't know this car even existed. I must say I hadn't lost much though. The front looks like it's made of LEGO Technics, but less cool :D
    "I race to win, of course. But even before of winning, I race to race. As fast as possible"
    - Gilles Villeneuve
  • KevMKevM Member Champion
    yer man Enda with the RS200’s etc, that Ken Block came to visit on NI here, actually has one of those...